03-16-2009, 12:05 PM #1

Boneyard programming

Is anyone else as frustrated as I am with the music programming on Boneyard? I was a long time listener of Buzzsaw and while it was not perfect musically at least they stuck to the hard, heavy and classic material. I can't believe some of the crap that gets played on Boneyard it is just ridiculous. I heard Bon Jovi last night! Bon Jovi for crying out loud! Then I heard Cane play a Twisted Sister song that he intro'd as "cheesy". WTF! If it's cheesy then don't play it!!! I'm starting to think that the DJ's are partially at fault here. They must have the ability to "skip" bad songs or songs that don't fit the genre.

Artist and song repition is a big problem too. Every hour I hear Def Leppard, Van Halen, Rush, Cheap Trick, Billy Squier and Joe Satriani. Not to mention the weak 80's music like Helix that they too often throw in. Boneyard is advertised as hard, heavy and classic! I'm sorry I just don't hear it! Bring back Buzzsaw!

03-16-2009, 01:22 PM #2
    I agree please see my post "Bring Back Buzzsaw"

04-23-2009, 01:18 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by wblongliverock View Post
    Is anyone else as frustrated as I am with the music programming on Boneyard? I was a long time listener of Buzzsaw and while it was not perfect musically at least they stuck to the hard, heavy and classic material. I can't believe some of the crap that gets played on Boneyard it is just ridiculous. I heard Bon Jovi last night! Bon Jovi for crying out loud! Then I heard Cane play a Twisted Sister song that he intro'd as "cheesy". WTF! If it's cheesy then don't play it!!! I'm starting to think that the DJ's are partially at fault here. They must have the ability to "skip" bad songs or songs that don't fit the genre.

Artist and song repition is a big problem too. Every hour I hear Def Leppard, Van Halen, Rush, Cheap Trick, Billy Squier and Joe Satriani. Not to mention the weak 80's music like Helix that they too often throw in. Boneyard is advertised as hard, heavy and classic! I'm sorry I just don't hear it! Bring back Buzzsaw!
    Likewise, bring back the Boneyard.

The old Boneyard was NOTHING like the new piece of crap called by the same name. I have the same complaints as you have.

When I would rent cars with Sirius, I would listen to Buzzsaw. It was close, but not quite as random and deep as the 'Yard, but LIGHTYEARS better than what is being played now. I have no idea where the current playlist was cooked up at, but it SUCKS donkey dongs.

04-30-2009, 03:43 PM #4
    I emailed Matt Davis asking him about limited playlists and why so many songs are repeated everyday. Here is his response:

Hey Bill,

Thank you for your email. The playlist on the Boneyard has been tweaked a bit since the merger between Sirius & XM. It has been tightened up a bit and some new things have been added and a few things removed. The DJ’s really don’t have any say as to what is played. I will definitely pass your email along to the people in charge of programming. It is definitely important to me that you are heard. I really appreciate you listening to the channel. Let me know a couple of your favorite artists & the best times for you to listen and I’ll throw something out to you. Thanks again!

Matt Davis

Emails people, send them and send them often. Have your wives, husbands, relatives and friends send in email and tell the Boneheads that program Boneyard what you think!

boneyard@siriusxm.com
    jon.zellner@xmradio.com
    bodhi@xmradio.com
    gsteele@siriusradio.com
    joe.bonadonna@xmradio.com

matt.davis@siriusxm.com
    Last edited by wblongliverock; 04-30-2009 at 03:45 PM.

05-07-2009, 07:55 PM #5
    XM was all about deep playlists. Sirius was all about tight playlists. Sirius took over XM and who suffers?

Answer: The Hard Rock/Metal fans who subscribed to Sat Radio to get away from FM type programming.

05-13-2011, 06:51 PM #6

SiriusXM Radio THE BONEYARD format change petition

Greetings, everyone! I see I'm not the only one who isn't happy about the format change on THE BONEYARD. Please take a moment to help me take action. I have written a petition which I would like everyone to take a moment to sign. If there are enough signatures I will make sure it gets into the hands of those at SiriusXM corporate headquarters. Just click on the link below. It only takes a moment and no personal information is required. After you're finished, please share this link with your friends and on other web sites where THE BONEYARD listeners post. Thanks, everyone!

http://www.petitiononline.com/SXM40/petition.html