Page 3 of 3 123
    03-22-2009, 05:33 PM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Hey Dread, and guys -

It is beautiful here today in Parker, CO!

I am going to re-evaluate CHTR later today, like Tony suggested, and see what is shaking with that.

The market is like a dart board. Some times it just pays to sit and watch the river flow.

Have a great day guys,

Bill
    Stay the hell away from charter communications, they had ashort covering last week as options expired. The company is going into chapter 11, for only about 1/4 of their overall dept.

I worked for this company briefly, they are without a doubt the most horribly managed company, and literally at the bottom of the barrel.

I expect chapter 7 and liquidation of assets in the future. This turd is dead!!!

Guru
    03-22-2009, 05:44 PM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    Stay the hell away from charter communications, they had ashort covering last week as options expired. The company is going into chapter 11, for only about 1/4 of their overall dept.

I worked for this company briefly, they are without a doubt the most horribly managed company, and literally at the bottom of the barrel.

I expect chapter 7 and liquidation of assets in the future. This turd is dead!!!
    That's what I thought was happening! I just haven't looked at it in a while.....You had the pleasure of working for them??

Ray had the pleasure of being fired, personally, by Rev. Schuler at the glass cathedral in Calif!

LMAO

The worst place I ever worked was in a chemical reclamation plant in Washington State. I worked nights there while going to college (3 nights total). What I did was take a Caterpillar with a scoop on it and dump loads of dry chemicals into a hopper and then add acid to it in a big cement mixer, like you see on the backs of cement trucks. Then the idea was to make granulated fertilizer out of it.

Well, they never gave me the formula...the owners told me to ask the day guy for the formula, but he couldn't tell me.

I put all of this shit in the mixer and cranked it on and let it mix. Well, then I opened up the mixer and I had boulders in there the size of basket balls instead of the size of BB's.

So I emptied out the boulders and sacked them up....1 to 2 boulders per sack and palletized them for shipment. This went on for three days and nobody could give me the formula, so I finally quit.

Later on, a couple of years later, the EPA shut them down for being a toxic waste dump.

Lucky I didn't lose my teeth and hair.

Check out EPEX and let me know what you think, Dread.

A little later,

Bill

03-22-2009, 06:04 PM #23
    Yeah Bill, I have worked for some horrible companies in my day, but never a toxic waste dump #@*#!!!

EPEX, HMMMmmm, look at the 3 month chart, I would bet that this turkey pulls right back down. Volume was good on Friday, but I would not expect it to remain for long. Average volume is weak, so I would just watch it fall back down and see were volume ends up.

AH already had sellers taking it down on Friday. I personally would stay away from it for now. But what do I know, it could go to a dollar for no reason.

If crude oil continues to climb than it would be a good play, not sure if they have there prices locked in on crude or not. Might want to see if you can find out that info.

Guru
    03-22-2009, 06:11 PM #24
    EPEX has a relatively low volume....it definitely is a watcher....Don't want to get sucked in on a fake stock that some clearing house drummed up excitement over....I will watch it and it will shoot up to $2.00. If I buy it I will end up taking a loss on it. I will just keep my eyes on it for a while. It is so damn cheap that if it does anything a profit can be taken.

I'll just watch for a while.

I am really expecting the Dry shipping stocks to go up here pretty soon...they made a great show at the beginning of last week and petered out at the end of the week, but I know one thing for sure....they will go up. That is the beauty of them.

The smallest shipper, FREE is doing terrific...I am waiting for it to fall and then buy.

I have tons of OCNF and quite a bit of SBLK right now (for my budget size).

In case anybody reads this thread here are a list of wonderful stocks:

DRYS
    EGLE
    SBLK
    OCNF
    FREE

check them out!

03-22-2009, 06:26 PM #25
    Anyone here watching/playing ESLR? Bill/Tony/Ray, one of you might like this play.

Might want to check it out, nearing 52 week lows.

Guru
    03-22-2009, 06:30 PM #26
    Quote Originally Posted by dread View Post
    Anyone here watching/playing ESLR? Bill/Tony/Ray, one of you might like this play.

Might want to check it out, nearing 52 week lows.
    I owned about 300 shares of it and sold it at 1.40 It is worthy of re-buying. It is a money maker with time.

It is really getting down there, isn't it..... 52 week low 1.00 If it hits that or close then buying would be really smart.

Great suggestion....I really haven't watched it in the last week or two.

03-22-2009, 06:51 PM #27
    Here are a few that I am watching excluding SIRI.

Name Price Change MktCap
    ALU 1.59 -0.06 (-3.64%) 3.59B Remove ALU
    UAUA 4.48 -0.71 (-13.68%) 644.61M Remove UAUA
    MELI 16.27 -0.24 (-1.45%) 717.02M Remove MELI
    VMW 23.04 -1.78 (-7.17%) 9.00B Remove VMW
    NOG 3.44 +0.09 (2.69%) 117.37M Remove NOG
    WFC 13.99 -1.43 (-9.27%) 59.29B Remove WFC
    AAPL 101.59 -0.03 (-0.03%) 90.47B Remove AAPL
    RIMM 41.68 -0.66 (-1.56%) 23.59B Remove RIMM
    V 52.53 -0.16 (-0.30%) 44.44B Remove V
    ESLR 1.37 -0.21 (-13.29%) 225.88M

The only reason ALU is there, because I use to work for them too. Great job, best I ever had, to bad they have a stupid union.

Have a good week everyone, I am out, oh!! Breaking Bad is on tonight!!! SWEET!!!

One more thing: Futures were up this afternoon, and what the hell is going on with all of these plane crashes!!!!! Just dropping like flies man.
    Last edited by dread; 03-22-2009 at 07:49 PM.

Guru
    03-22-2009, 11:18 PM #28

Conseco

Shots,

It looks like it is coming down off of a big spike and may not have settled yet. It would be a bummer to buy it now and have the price keep falling. I would keep my eye on it for a while. It is pretty volatile right now also and finding a good entry point might be difficult until you are sure that it bottoms out. It took a nasty dip at the end of the day Friday and pulled back up to .41 AH.

It looks a lot like EPEX and is the same price. EPEX is a lot smoother ride...you might want to check that out.

I would be waiting to see what CNO is really going to do. It trades with a pretty fair volume, which is a good thing. It looks like the volume over a year is adequate. Traders aren't going to run away and leave you there by yourself. (I have had that happen to me before). It is a watcher in my eyes until there is a declarative uptrend....take a look at a five day chart. Then look at a year and then a month and then a day and compare.

Maybe somebody else has something to offer about CNO.

I have been entertaining EPEX but am going to watch it for a few days to see what is really going on with it.

Have a great trading day tomorrow,

Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 03-22-2009 at 11:26 PM.

Guru
    03-22-2009, 11:30 PM #29
    I re-posted in the new Daily Market Watch......duh....This one is over for the week!
    Last edited by billhart22; 03-22-2009 at 11:39 PM.

Page 3 of 3 123