Page 11 of 153 ... 9101112132161111 ...
    Enthusiast
    03-16-2009, 11:21 AM #101
    25!

I had to add this line because my message was too short!

03-16-2009, 11:21 AM #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper_Rick View Post

My move at .13 really paid off -
    Mine too. The value of my etrade portfolio went up about $1,000 just because of the roughly 5 cents a share increase in Sirius' share price today.

Banned
    03-16-2009, 11:25 AM #103
    Quote Originally Posted by learn to think View Post
    We used to chip away at those $.01 walls with a hammer and chisel,now we're smashing them with a bulldozer...that $.25 wall is pretty thick though.
    what I find most surprising today is that it looks as if the SEC made a move on them...its like the manipulation just stopped. usually they ignore the sell side and fill bids. today they are actually buying at a higher price. this has not happened in a very long time

Mentor
    03-16-2009, 11:26 AM #104
    [

Items of Note:

- 500K customers were on a tiered offering at YE2008, the vast majority of which are paying a higher price than the standard $12.99, leading to increased ARPU. Bank believes that management’s confidence in attaining adjusted EBITDA of $300mm+ in FY2009 implies continued improvement in ARPU from customer conversion to higher priced packages, and realization of cost synergies.

- RBC expects 388,000 net subscriber additions in FY2009 (vs. prior 1,500K estimate)

- RBC expects revenue of $2.6bn (vs. prior $2.7bn), with their FY2009 adjusted EBITDA estimate unchanged at $303mm.
    This is a fair analytical report I think,but remember the 500k Best of buy in increased ARPU for 08,and if 1Mil took co. up on it in 1q 09 like myself it will be like adding 2mil or better netv sub rev...for year 09.(conservative)
    Mel is getting cash from current subs to ride out bad year or 2 till auto industry imoproves...Smart

Mentor
    03-16-2009, 11:27 AM #105
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    what I find most surprising today is that it looks as if the SEC made a move on them...its like the manipulation just stopped. usually they ignore the sell side and fill bids. today they are actually buying at a higher price. this has not happened in a very long time
    True, but ISEG is still taking advantage of lulls, to be the first always to throw up a lower ask. They should be the focus now. Need about 1000 calls to them asking why they hate their customers.
    I dont think its the SEC, its the insitutional buyers dicating terms now. They are in now, and want it higher.
    Because weve all seen 50 million shares traded and have it be mostly buys, and not move more than .01 cent in the past. So yes, this stock is trading differently. Definately.!!!!

Mentor
    03-16-2009, 11:31 AM #106
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Prediction: SIRI breaks .25 and goes to .27 pronto......TODAY!

I think the top of this channel is closer to .30....
    I am talking about the 45 degree upward channel......

Banned
    03-16-2009, 11:36 AM #107
    l really need to follow sirius canada more often. Does everyone but me know about the Live Nation deal up there? Could this be a prelude for things to come here?

"SIRIUS listeners are passionate about music and the Live Nation partnership will give subscribers more of what they love, including exclusive concert broadcasts and preferred access to concert tickets," said Alan MacNevin, Vice President of Customer Relationship Management at SIRIUS Canada. "Customers tell us that subscribing to SIRIUS feels like being part of a community and we're committed to making that experience even richer."

The partnership will allow SIRIUS listeners across Canada and the U.S. to access exclusive live broadcasts featuring some of Canada's most talented emerging and established artists. The monthly "SIRIUS Satellite Radio Canadian Concert Series Powered by Live Nation" broadcasts will give Canadian artists a powerful platform to reach new audiences in both Canada and the U.S. on Iceberg 85, SIRIUS Satellite Radio's 100% Canadian rock channel.

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/...0News/2194918/

Banned
    03-16-2009, 11:57 AM #108
    Reuters - Pioneer Corp (6773.T) is in talks with Mitsubishi Electric Corp (6503.T), Alpine Electronics Inc (6816.T) and Clarion Co Ltd (6796.T) on a possible tie-up in car navigation and other auto equipment operations, the Nikkei business daily reported on Sunday.

http://satwaves.com/

I'm thinking open-access?

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    03-16-2009, 12:01 PM #109
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    It could have been a combination of things - the good news - maybe the SEC finally woke up from their drug induced coma...

I filed 5 formal complaints with the SEC last week based on the manipulation. I sent them screen shots and I know several others - to include Sky over in the yahoo boards was working toward the same goal. It would be great to get confirmation that effort contributed to today's achieved increase. Either way - I was laughing hysterically when the short panic was underway....

03-16-2009, 12:02 PM #110
    The temptation to sell is growing the longer it sits below .25. The level II buy orders look weak compared to the 1 million+ sells sitting at .25. Really hard decision here for me. Profit is a wonderful thing, and I can secure thousands right now by clicking my little button. I know the upside but Im wondering how the dismal q1 numbers will effect the pps and if the high teens will ever been seen again.

Maybe I should just smash my keyboard into little bits, walk away and check back in 10 years.