Page 130 of 153 ... 3080120128129130131132140 ...
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1528
    Guru
    03-19-2009, 10:56 AM #1291
    that move was only for a few insiders who knew it would be manipulated that low, they bought brought it back up doubling there money in the process.

03-19-2009, 10:59 AM #1292
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Agreed. I tried. I failed 3 times to buy under .30. Too fast. I kept moving it. If i cant do it, not saying he didnt, but i dont believe his bs from yesterday. Go away gay lady.
    I did not have a buy set, as I watch the market, and like to adjust my thinking in the fly. In this case, you can see how that strategy doesnt always work. Only thing I was able to was sell some shares from my core for .34 ,and rebought at .31. Not bad, but this move could have made people a ton of money if they played it right. I was not one of them.
    Yep, anyone can 'say' they bought at the lowest possible point and sold high.

Enthusiast
    03-19-2009, 11:01 AM #1293
    Where's Mr. Airman to defend his respectful and honest Church Lady? I mean c'mon I stand by my original belief that he/she is lying and YES it does bother others besides me... but i guess I deterred away airman from this site didn't I? As for SIRI, I was able to buy a little more this morning but only at .30. I couldn't get my order in fast enough and didn't have the foresight to have a limit buy much lower than that

03-19-2009, 11:04 AM #1294
    Please excuse my noob ignorance, but how does one buy and/or sell from a specific subset of all the shares you own in a stock? I'd play the game of selling and buying on small dips and peaks but I am afraid of tying up the money for 3 or 4 days if I sell the stock until it settles or comes off restriction or something. I know about the pattern daytrader guidelines (4 intraday trades within 5 day period) and think I understand wash sales and tax implications, but I'd sure like to ratchet up my number of shares a little.

CAn anyone enlighten me, please? TIA.

03-19-2009, 11:05 AM #1295
    Glad that this is my first post after months of lurking on the sideline, following my first-ever stock purchase, SIRI, at $0.15 avg. I now am in 10 stocks overall.

Looks like I picked a DOOZIE.

I know the Yahoo board is loaded with the dregs of society, but there's one guy over there who gets everything correct, SN of StreetInsider. According to him today...there's a large buyer (Malone?) and a large short who are both making what we see happen, happen.

Once their positions are out of the way, the thinking is we're blasting straight through $0.40 quickly.

Glad to be here, appreciate and respect those of you with much more knowledge than I possess about stocks, and SIRI in particular.

I'm hooked.

Mentor
    03-19-2009, 11:05 AM #1296
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Ho come on, get real a 10 second pull back is what you were waiting for I sorry I dont ever recall you saying it would last a few seconds. As proof you would have had a order already in because by the time you could place it at a PPS. it would be to late and already moved higher.
    I predicted SIRI would pullback, but I never put a timeline on how long it would last. I don't think the pullback is done yet BTW. I slept in today and I never put in limit orders. I do it all live. I always post all of my buys and sells on this board within moments of my trades......unlike the Church Lady.

I posted all of my recent sells on this board and I still am in all cash....

Guru
    03-19-2009, 11:05 AM #1297
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Agreed. I tried. I failed 3 times to buy under .30. Too fast. I kept moving it. If i cant do it, not saying he didnt, but i dont believe his bs from yesterday. Go away gay lady.
    I did not have a buy set, as I watch the market, and like to adjust my thinking in the fly. In this case, you can see how that strategy doesnt always work. Only thing I was able to was sell some shares from my core for .34 ,and rebought at .31. Not bad, but this move could have made people a ton of money if they played it right. I was not one of them.

I know I tried doing it myself before. It is impossible to get that close with out already having a limit order in. Even a market order will not get you close you will almost always get screwed at a way higher price then what you just saw.

Joined: Mar 2009 Location: On a cushy beach chair! Posts: 383
    03-19-2009, 11:11 AM #1298
    HOLY SH*T.
    Of course I bought back in this morning at .38 taking my licks only to find out I could have restored my original position on Monday when I was a dumb @$$
    and sold at 24.63.... I need a freakin crystal ball.
    Geez I am a big fat loser.

Guru
    03-19-2009, 11:14 AM #1299
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    I predicted SIRI would pullback, but I never put a timeline on how long it would last. I don't think the pullback is done yet BTW. I slept in today and I never put in limit orders. I do it all live. I always post all of my buys and sells on this board within moments of my trades......unlike the Church Lady.

My point is, this was a freak incident just like when it went down 70 cents before in 10 seconds and then was almost all the way back up in the same time frame. Noone called this, it is like tying to call the next lighting strike. Once again as an example if this was what you were calling then I dont think you would be away from the market for even a bathroom break because you would have missed it.

Guru
    03-19-2009, 11:15 AM #1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post

gl to you demian, although id like to see u get back in cheap id hate to see that bullshit manipulation take place again and i dont think they will try it twice.