Page 2 of 3 123
    Enthusiast
    03-25-2009, 10:58 PM #11
    Today I heard an ad on Sirius channel CNBC for Dish network!

Mentor
    03-25-2009, 11:34 PM #12
    Homer

Dont hold your breath. U-verse started in San Antonio, I think...Still not available in 50% of city. It may take them a few more years before they get to you. U-verse is cable equalivalent. Can't stand Time Warner!!! I presently have Dish through ATT bundled with internet, cell phone, home phone..Saves about 10 bucks!!!

03-25-2009, 11:38 PM #13
    I have u-verse and internet through at&t right now and the customer service and sales have been terrible. I have had it since sept 08 and have yet to get a single bill that is correct. So don't get to excited for u-verse but the channel lineup is awesome I have u-400 and get every channel i ever wanted

Mentor
    03-26-2009, 12:14 AM #14
    LT

How is the internet service. What download speed do you have!

03-26-2009, 07:44 AM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Dont hold your breath. U-verse started in San Antonio, I think...Still not available in 50% of city. It may take them a few more years before they get to you.
    Actually, U-Verse had started its rollout here about 2 years ago, LOL... I'm still waiting. But in my suburban area, they've been stringing up fiber for awhile... I guess they're taking their time connecting all the fibers together, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by LT LT LT
    I have u-verse and internet through at&t right now and the customer service and sales have been terrible. I have had it since sept 08 and have yet to get a single bill that is correct.
    I had heard this last year from a friend with U-Verse... I chalk it up to growing pains. As long as the content is equal to or better than DISH -- for about the same amount of money -- I'm there. Plus I already have AT&T Local, long distance, DSL and Cell phone... so I'm betting I'd be able to package it with the rest of my stuff to save a couple bucks at least.

---------

Guru
    03-26-2009, 09:03 AM #16
    Fiber optic lines the type of system U-verse uses, Fi-os, is virtually unlimited in the amount of data that can be transferred. When you transform data into a wave length in the range of light, you get insane results....just tapping into some of the old research i did a while back...not sure if they are capable of the data over light waves yet but i know it has been done (they are using fiber optic lines however).

AT&T has the iphone, yes?

I love the sunday ticket and would get u-verse if they had it. Now that Directv is a part owner of Sirius I can't possibly drop Directv.

03-26-2009, 09:19 AM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    Fiber optic lines the type of system U-verse uses, Fi-os, is virtually unlimited in the amount of data that can be transferred. When you transform data into a wave length in the range of light, you get insane results....just tapping into some of the old research i did a while back...not sure if they are capable of the data over light waves yet but i know it has been done (they are using fiber optic lines however).
    It's going to be interesting to watch... for the most part, the fiber is being strung through most of the main roads -- but not the neighborhood streets; at least not yet. At some point, the signal is going to have to be dumped down to copper wire, if not the neighborhood street level -- then at the house level. I think we are years away from seeing fiber all the way into the homes... I'm sure there will be exceptions to this though. But getting fiber all the way out through the main roads -- and cooper the rest of the way -- allows for greatly increased bandwidth to the homes. And probably how AT&T is going from 5Mbps outside my home to 20Mbps.

But I hear what you're saying about Fi-os... I've only done cursory reading on it and know that it is insane.

---------
    Last edited by homer985; 03-26-2009 at 09:22 AM.

Mentor
    03-26-2009, 10:49 AM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by LT LT LT View Post
    I have u-verse and internet through at&t right now and the customer service and sales have been terrible. I have had it since sept 08 and have yet to get a single bill that is correct. So don't get to excited for u-verse but the channel lineup is awesome I have u-400 and get every channel i ever wanted
    My grandmother has The U-verse bundled packages that has the AT&T internet. Not sure if it is the same thing. I went over to her house about 2 weeks ago because she could not remember her password to her email. It was the AT&T email that came with the account, so I called customer service. I had to reset the modem 3 times, reboot the computer once, and spent over 30 minutes on the phone with customer service. When I asked how to avoid this next time, they said "This is the process you have to go through to change your password every time."

I said you have to be kidding. It is recommended that you change your password at least every 2 weeks. You mean I have to call and go through this every single time?

He said yes.

Timewarner is not so bad....

Guru
    03-26-2009, 11:53 AM #19
    i have time warner in san antonio and it has never ever let me down, dont know about other areas but every where i have lived south and north sa time warner has kicked ass for me.

Mentor
    03-26-2009, 12:00 PM #20
    Same for me. I have had no troubles with TW.

Page 2 of 3 123