Page 2 of 2 12
    Head Honcho
    11-28-2007, 09:44 PM #11
    That is a great idea and once we have enough posts to warrant more organization we will surely implement something like that.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-11-2008, 09:47 PM #12
    I'm very new here and not a shareholder but merely a subscriber. I purchased my Sirius primarily for Court TV programming which has just recently ceased to exist. I'm a big Nascar fan and love the Sirius race day coverage! I turn my television volume down and listen to Sirius audio!

I know I was referred to this site and otherwise did not know it existed. How is this Forum promoted? I have read your disclosure that you are not directly connected with Sirius thus I feel I could post here impartially and that makes me comfortable. I am sorry that Court TV no longer broadcasts over Sirius, To me, it was a very interesting channel. At first, I must admit, that "paying" for radio sounded absurd! But once I tried Sirius I was sold. I live in a rural area and have little, if any radio signals come in clearly. With Sirius I get a good quality signal! I also have Sirius in my car.

Ideas for this forum abound. Make a forum for "Sirius Channel Reviews" from listeners, "Interesting sounds Over Sirius" (or something like that) for posts about programs that have been informative or unique. Perhaps, I am mentioning the things you have tried to avoid and I can appreciate that as well. It's wonderful we live in a Country where we can post our views. I think more Americans should use that right. We have many minds and many ideas and the sharing of those ideas in a forum such as this can lead to progress.

Thank you for asking your posters their thoughts. Again, my question is had I not been referred to this site how would I have found you?

Thank you.

Head Honcho
    01-11-2008, 10:13 PM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by minnesota View Post

Again, my question is had I not been referred to this site how would I have found you?
    You could have found us through a search engine or through a site that links to us ....like most other sites. How would people have known about your site if you didn't place it in your signature

There are various ways but most of our forum members find us by searching the net for "sirius forums" or are loyal readers of our blog.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-12-2008, 01:45 AM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    You could have found us through a search engine or through a site that links to us ....like most other sites. How would people have known about your site if you didn't place it in your signature

There are various ways but most of our forum members find us by searching the net for "sirius forums" or are loyal readers of our blog.
    Hello!

Thanks for leading me in the right direction. You know, many people "assume" today that we all know how to get where we want to go on this wonderous internet. Unfortunately, for some of us, it didn't come with "directions". So the easier the navigation the smoother the course. Having not been on the internet as often as I have been in the last few months, due to some surgery I've had, I had to learn what a Forum was and what a Blog was! And was I ever pleased to see they existed! Yes, I'm happy I found your website, no matter how I got here. It's got great tech advice and good news on the upcoming merger. My receiver is pretty old, I've had it about 4 years. But it plays just as good today as when I bought it. I love Sirius and I'm looking forward to the merger. Perhaps with the merger, fans of the former 110 Court TV channel will find a new "home"!

Mentor
    01-13-2008, 12:40 PM #15
    Hello Minnesota, and welcome to the forums!!

We care not that you do not invest in Sirius or XM satellite Radio. This board is for listeners as well! We are here to promote public opinion on both companies, and inform people about what is going on in the world of Satellite Radio. That includes stock information, but it is definately not limited to that.
    At first, I must admit, that "paying" for radio sounded absurd! But once I tried Sirius I was sold.
    God, I have heard that from SOOOO many people, including myself. I am a tech geek, and even I was blown away when they wanted my to pay for listening to radio. It was rediculous. Most people on this site have Sirius, but I have XM. (I know, dont shoot!). Like most people, I got hooked up with Satellite Radio (or SatRad you will hear it commonly called) when I bought my new truck. I got 3 months of it for free. I figured why not? So I tried it out. The day it got canceled on month number 4, I called up and prepaid for a 4 year subscription. My parents thought I was nuts! Paying for radio?!?! I was just wasting money, but hey, its my money right? Last year, they bought a new truck that came with a free trial of Sirius. Now they are lifetime subscribers. I now laugh at them for taking so long.
    I really wish there was a way to "force" people to experience Satellite Radio for a month or two other than through new car sales. Even with new car sales, I am sure many people just switch over to FM because that is what they are comfortable with and never listen to their free trial of SatRad. Such a waste, such a pitty. Do your best to harrold the alcolades of satellite radio! I was in a money crunch due to finishing up school this year (again) and was unable to, but my plans do include giving away Sirius or XM recievers as birthday/Christmas gifts this coming year with 3-6 months prepaid subscriptions.
    As a subscriber AND an investor, I look forward to the XM/Sirius merger. I hope you hang around to express your views on all of the services either service has to offer. The more information out there, the better.

01-13-2008, 04:22 PM #16
    Well said Newman. I "force" people to listen by not allowing them to talk in my car

01-14-2008, 02:39 PM #17

Talking Sirius "Moments"

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    Well said Newman. I "force" people to listen by not allowing them to talk in my car
    LOL clueless! I've hooked up my Sirius in the car to my ignition! No Sirius, no get up and go!

I gave both my sons Sirius for Christmas! They often asked me if I liked it and what kind of channels Sirius has. I told them my favorite feature, besides the programming itself, was the great display screen! They liked the music when they rode in my car and often "cranked it up" (to the detriment of my ears I might add) when they heard a song that "rocked"! LOL I love Sirius and I'm anxious for the merger! Perhaps then I will invest in a lifetime subscription!

Sirius radio "rocks"!

Page 2 of 2 12