Page 3 of 4 1234
    03-13-2009, 11:22 PM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    ok mr neutral go right another retarded bk scare article.
    That's one of the funniest posts I've read all day (telling Brandon to go write another article and misspelling the word "write"). Writing articles is not easy guys. I'm learning this the hard way. I was paid to write for an IT training website and I'll be surprised if A) I ever finish the damn thing and B) it has a prayer to maybe help a single person.

Not stirring things up (not trying to anyway) but definitely saying it's a talent I admire.

Okay, back to my beer. Sorry, just thought that was funny.
    Last edited by Siriusly; 03-13-2009 at 11:24 PM.

03-13-2009, 11:31 PM #22

Can Sirius turn-into an actual medio-Co.?

My hopes-and-dreams for this Co. involve it being quite-a-bit-more than its been in the past; It taking this long for management to realize that some sort of "turning-on in-active radios" for promotional purposes, is about 3-years late! And I have a suspicion it was more Maffei and Malone that got-the-ball-rolling on this one; That's why I'm really hoping they are a "very-active 40% partner", and that their voice on the BOD is heavy-handed, in getting Sirius Ubiquitous, as Maffei-and-Malone suggested recently as a goal! The mintue you see a way for Sirius to be bought at Walgreens, is the moment you know they are "getting there"! This over-reliance on GM-Ford and Circuit-City is ruinous! Kudos for the Ipod-Iphone App. I know a lot of people are very excited about this "another-overdue" invention! Hay, I'm not a pure grump or complainer, just wanting to dig-myself out of a mountain of Siruis debt, largly stock-related. Plus, I really like the product, and I want to see this Co. be wildly successful, for a number of reasons!

I guess we've got to get through this survival stage first...but I'm really ready for some Sirius-growth...and I realize it will be quite a challenge in this economy!

GLTA!

PS: But back to the point of my reply-post! Being a true media-Co. involves "mediating-your-vision-and-brand", something they've never really be that great at doing...so I hope this can change, and with the matter at hand, that enough people have a way to know that they can hear sat-rad on their in-active radio(s)!

03-14-2009, 12:05 AM #23

I wouldn't listen to even one of those if they PAID me...

If you're going to give away free service to get people stoked enough to subscribe, wouldn't you think you'd select channels that someone might actually want to pay to hear at some point ???

Seriously...when HBO or Showtime do their annual free weeks on subscription cable TV, they do it when there's something you want to see...a big fight..a live U2 or Madonna concert, a blockbuster exclusive movie etc. NOT opera or hillbilly music. I'm just sayin'....sheesh.

Guru
    03-14-2009, 12:10 AM #24
    ok well believe it or not i know the diff between right and write but you know shit happens, of course that came off retarded as hell. I just think being so critical is stupid, if i had a problem i would just sell and move on instead of staying and crying about how bad management is. i could still enjoy the product without having to be an investor, sounds like charles doesnt want to be invested in siri anymore but yet is somehow stuck. anyway you say my mentality is what makes people hold? well i have yet to hold any kind of falling knife. Did you hold siri on the way down charles? are u bitter now? Hey if none of this wouldve happened i wouldnt be holding siri with a .14 cent avg right now, i probaly wouldnt even be in the market if it didnt crash like it has, i know a deal when i see one.

Enthusiast
    03-14-2009, 01:42 AM #25
    Tripppingonacid,
    What other stocks do you own?

Guru
    03-14-2009, 02:52 AM #26
    nothing, and its tripping as in always taking trips as in traveling alot not as in tripping on acid. Some good greens is enough for me. Which i think u would agre with your name being doobz, unless it means something else haha

03-14-2009, 02:55 AM #27
    It was only a matter of time LOL!!!

I was thinking of changing my screen name to clamslapper!! LOL

Mentor
    03-14-2009, 03:16 AM #28
    The problem with this promotion is the fact that the only people that will get it are EX SUBSCRIBERS.

When you buy a new vehicle, do you give them your email address? No, you dont. Sirius XM has absolutely no way of having email addresses to anyone except those that subscribed in the first place and gave the company their email address.

HELLO! McFLY!! People who are ex-subscribers KNOW WHAT CONTENT IS ON SATRAD!! There is a reason that they canceled, and it is NOT because they don't know what is available.

It is the other people that they need to target: The people that never have subscribed before. They probably didn't know their car had SatRad, it just came with the sunroof or entertainment system in the back for the kids. THESE are the people that they need to be giving free airtime away to, and YOU DONT HAVE THEIR EMAIL. Have GM or Ford or Honda send out letters to its customers letting them know about the deal. THEY know who bought vehicles with Satellite Radio, and they have their addresses.

By my estimation, there are probably 15-20 million radios out there who are not subscribed to Sirius XM radio at this time. We need to market to ALL of them.

03-14-2009, 08:19 AM #29
    I agree with Newman completely. They need to go after the person who has never had the service. I keep running across the people who are totally oblivious to the service. One guy asked is that Xm I said Its Siriusxm he said whats that. I have a good friend who recently bought a used Silverado and he actually thought he had the service. When I said aren't those the same channels you always listen to he said yeah but I got other ones too. It's hard to educate everyone without some company support.

Head Honcho
    03-14-2009, 02:45 PM #30
    i could still enjoy the product without having to be an investor, sounds like charles doesnt want to be invested in siri anymore but yet is somehow stuck.
    I am not stuck. I have said before that I am no longer invested at this time.

well i have yet to hold any kind of falling knife. Did you hold siri on the way down charles? are u bitter now?
    I made some trades but yes, I have owned this stock off and on for years. Am I bitter? Not at all, I made mistakes in believing in this company. What I lost at the time was everything I had amassed through my 4 years of college... now... that is about 10% of my yearly salary so, its not a big deal.

I am critical of the company because I like the product and ... in case you haven't noticed... I built a site and 'right' about it so, its my job.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Page 3 of 4 1234