Page 1 of 4 123 ...
    Mentor
    03-13-2009, 02:17 PM #1

Sirius/XM is turning on dead radios for 2 weeks...

I got this email from XM telling me that my dead radio will be turned on for 2 weeks for free. It looks like a limited and rotating channel lineup. They should turn all of the dead radios on with a constantly rotating limited sampling all of the time. Get people hooked...

Dear ,

Listen to XM FREE from March 12 – 25 and and hear some of our top programming, including commercial-free music plus sports, talk, and entertainment.

They really should turn on all of the dead radios with the full line up for a week or two period combined with some heavy marketing.....

I'm glad they are doing this...
    Last edited by Demian; 03-13-2009 at 02:21 PM.

Banned
    03-13-2009, 02:31 PM #2
    Now I'm going negative again. That's just fine, but how about TELLING JOHN Q PUBLIC about it!

Just like yesterdays CC when they announced that the Mirge was available. Isn't great that analysts know, and investors know but NOT ONE SINGLE AMERICAN CONSUMER knows?

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    03-13-2009, 03:21 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    Now I'm going negative again. That's just fine, but how about TELLING JOHN Q PUBLIC about it!

Just like yesterdays CC when they announced that the Mirge was available. Isn't great that analysts know, and investors know but NOT ONE SINGLE AMERICAN CONSUMER knows?
    Yep - once again I agree with you - S XM has the worst PR/Marketing on the planet.... that is a very significant reason we're stuck where we are...

They have a good product / a plan to manage the finances - but HORRIBLE marketing....

Just wish there was a way to give them the hint... aside from dropping a flash grenade onto the board of directors next meeting...

Enthusiast
    03-13-2009, 03:25 PM #4
    I can see two reasons for not advertising this free offer to the general public at this time:

1) Because of the economy, they have to be careful where they spend their money. However, in the coming months, if they do not push their new offerings to the general public, I'll change my mind on this.

2) They probably have a list of emails of those who had free subscriptions with their car purchases - people who did not take a paying subscription - and people whose subscriptions have lapsed. It does not cost Sirius XM advertising dollars to reach these people, when an email to them will suffice.

To advertise to those in the general public who do NOT have lapsed subscriptions would be a waste of money. I doubt more than an infinitesimal percentage of people who have never subscribed own radios.
    Last edited by SteveSirius; 03-13-2009 at 03:27 PM.

Guru
    03-13-2009, 03:36 PM #5
    brandon and charles act like its a bunch of dim wit mentals running sirius, i think it is safe to say they know what they are doing.

03-13-2009, 03:40 PM #6
    I doubt they have emails to the people with radios not on. I bought a used suv with sat radio that is not activated but had I not read this i would have no clue thay were doing it. I guess it doesnt matter since I am out of town those dates anyway..

Enthusiast
    03-13-2009, 03:47 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by stang3O2 View Post
    I doubt they have emails to the people with radios not on. I bought a used suv with sat radio that is not activated but had I not read this i would have no clue thay were doing it. I guess it doesnt matter since I am out of town those dates anyway..
    Your point is correct regarding those who have bought used cars. However, I wonder how many unactivated radios (on a percentage basis) are in used cars, and whether that percentage is high enough to spend millions of dollars to reach those people. I really don't know.

Enthusiast
    03-13-2009, 03:53 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    brandon and charles act like its a bunch of dim wit mentals running sirius, i think it is safe to say they know what they are doing.

many people have been asking them to do just this from as long ago as 2003 and 2004....they are dim wits....and in case you dont understand if its a good thing now it would have been much better during the good times I guess malone explained it to them, "the real dim wits."

if its promotional they may be exempt from the copyright fees based on how its formated as its part of the copyright rulings issued by the crb during 2006 i think.

03-13-2009, 03:58 PM #9
    I am guessing there are several million unactive radios in cars people bought used. I would think it would be money well spent since the people already have the radios now they just need a small monthly fee

Mentor
    03-13-2009, 04:13 PM #10
    Remember, Mels cheap, except when handing out checks to talent, and diluting shares. Then hes generous. Hes not going to spend a penny he doesnt think he needs to.

Page 1 of 4 123 ...