Page 2 of 4 1234
    Banned
    03-13-2009, 05:07 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Thank you. I forgot about that quote. More fuel for my viewpoint. Thank you. Hopefully stubborn longs like John, and Cos1000 will see that we were taken now, and this was not "bad timing" or bad economy, or anythign else. This has been in the works looks like for a year AT LEAST NOW. Im actually glad to be right, as it shows that siriusxm has powerful allies that have been working with them for a while. We got illegally screwed out of 40% ownership, any which way you look at it. I will never back down on this belief, and its the real story why this stock tanked. It tanked because those companies wanted it to tank. Made it easier to acquire interest, allowed bypassing of a vote, and enabled big money to buy in cheap, while helping the shorts achieve great gains(a condition of the financing agreements.)(GS, JP Morgan, who knows, but Im sure going to at least include GS here.)
    Yes, they werent able to see shares for debt at a higher cost, but that seems to be working out fine for them now. They are still around, alive, and financed. Ownership transferred to Malone, and institutions, while we were left holding the bag at .50 cents and higher.

Easy does it.You are wrong on this one. Hartlieb is delusional. Mel was referring to the squashed merger between DISH and DirectTV...

Guru
    03-13-2009, 05:09 PM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by homer985 View Post
    Well lets see here... "theoretically"... I guess that means launching the space shuttle up to the satellite, retrieving it, changing the antenna's and transponders on it, then putting it back into orbit.

Bet that will cost a pretty penny.

------------

homer, you have been reading to many of my post man. While funny as hell it was a little to cruel for you. If I did not know better I would think that was me posting.

03-13-2009, 05:10 PM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by buddylee View Post
    Nope, can't be done. Any good conspirist knows that a human couldn't survive passing through the van allen belt.
    Ah yes, the conspiracy theorists that believe that humans didn't land on the moon.

03-13-2009, 05:11 PM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    homer, you have been reading to many of my post man. While funny as hell it was a little to cruel for you. If I did not know better I would think that was me posting.
    It's the full moon...

03-13-2009, 05:11 PM #15
    Shhh, they might be listening.

Guru
    03-13-2009, 05:27 PM #16
    Thank you. I forgot about that quote. More fuel for my viewpoint. Thank you. Hopefully stubborn longs like John, and Cos1000 will see that we were taken now, and this was not "bad timing" or bad economy, or anythign else. This has been in the works looks like for a year AT LEAST NOW. Im actually glad to be right, as it shows that siriusxm has powerful allies that have been working with them for a while. We got illegally screwed out of 40% ownership, any which way you look at it. I will never back down on this belief, and its the real story why this stock tanked. It tanked because those companies wanted it to tank. Made it easier to acquire interest, allowed bypassing of a vote, and enabled big money to buy in cheap, while helping the shorts achieve great gains(a condition of the financing agreements.)(GS, JP Morgan, who knows, but Im sure going to at least include GS here.)
    Yes, they werent able to see shares for debt at a higher cost, but that seems to be working out fine for them now. They are still around, alive, and financed. Ownership transferred to Malone, and institutions, while we were left holding the bag at .50 cents and higher.

relmar, I am sorry I have a little trouble believing that article when they say:
    "That paid off Sirius’ debt on the very day the company was in danger of defaulting. The Wall Street Journal reported Ergen held $300 million of Sirius’ near-term debt, positioning himself to move for control of Sirius or acquire some of its assets in bankruptcy." I ask you what in here sounds false with 380 million in COH as of the end of the year. Are you going to tell me 380 - 173 = a negitive or not enough.

P.S. As a side note, If you recall as everyone else (to include yourself) was saying wooohooo. I said that the Malone deal sucked. I even had to argue it with YOU.
    Last edited by john; 03-13-2009 at 06:34 PM.

Mentor
    03-13-2009, 09:44 PM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    Easy does it.You are wrong on this one. Hartlieb is delusional. Mel was referring to the squashed merger between DISH and DirectTV...
    Your right. But just because Hartlieb is right about some aspects, doesnt mean I agree with his methods or believe his sincerity. See Brandon, if you put the lawsuit with a "diver" plantiff, who has no real interest in winning, you direct a lot of energy against SiriusXM into a distracted and never fullfilled cause. Your right though, that comment was about the merger. I digress. Everything I said above is true though, could care less who agrees with me. Ergen might not have been a willing participant, but Clayton pulls his strings on this deal. Probably even convinced him to make Mel an offer he " has to refuse" therefore flying into the waiting arms of Malone, their savior. How can you not think Mel is part of this takedown? Really? Explain the 11th hour BK scare then, for absolutely no reason. Those things just dont happen in the real world. Things are discussed months in advance, and their deadlines are much sooner than the deadlines we think of.

Addict
    03-14-2009, 10:25 AM #18
    Guys...

Let's don't forget this is MSM talking. Always has to be taken with a grain of salt. Only thing I usually trust is such articles is if blurbs have quotes around them. If so, MSM had better be accurate or else. Given that thesis, this is the most we can accept from this article and from the deal itself:

>>“Initially it’s a financial play, but it’s also strategic,” Malone said. “Obviously we have a large stake in DirecTV, and how Sirius could play into that is an important consideration, but it’s not on the table today.

“What’s on the table today is let’s understand Sirius and its assets. Let’s help it avoid either bankruptcy or a takeover by somebody they didn’t want to be taken over by, and let’s study it for a while and then decide what the right moves forward are.”<<

This is all anyone can glean from the overall deal at this time...unless you're Malone or Maffei and you know more than you are telling. Though I don't think that's the case. I totally do not believe Ergen and Malone are in bed together--on anything. These are rivals in every way. Right now John Malone is basking in the glow of his "takeaway" from Ergen. This blurb is total crap:

>>"And if Charlie has a great idea on how to exploit the asset, we may end up doing something with Charlie."

“We thought this was an opportunity to use our financial engineering skills to keep [Sirius XM] alive and independent.”

Jimmy Schaeffler, a satellite industry expert with The Carmel Group in Carmel-by-the-Sea, Calif., isn’t surprised Liberty Media would consider Ergen a potential partner.<<

The second graph is correct but the first and third are a great example of wild MSM conjecture. The reason the second graph is accurate is because Malone wins, wins, wins by keeping SIRI out of BK and independent with him having a huge stake in the co. He knows thie company is at it's nadir in every way and it's only up from here. And by keeping SIRI indie, he doesn't have to lift a finger (except things like Maffei cheeleading on CNBC) to continue to have a stake in a company that will only continue to grow in value. It makes no sense for him to either own this outright and asume all that responsibility and heavy lifting, or pick at the bones in BK court. He made the perfect play and all he had to do was write a check. That's genius smart my friends, and will pay off dearly a few years from now. As far as that first graph, all Malone means by that is he might, MAYBE IF HE FEELS LIKE IT, consider someday BUYING something from Charlie, not them working together on anything. That my friends will be a cold day in hell--those egos are waaay too big. And probably what he means moreover is 'if Charlie bows to me and sells me his Dish operation on the cheap'. LOL. That's MY not so wild conjecture..

03-14-2009, 10:57 AM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by sl62 View Post
    Guys...

Let's don't forget this is MSM talking. Always has to be taken with a grain of salt. Only thing I usually trust is such articles is if blurbs have quotes around them. If so, MSM had better be accurate or else. Given that thesis, this is the most we can accept from this article and from the deal itself:

>>“Initially it’s a financial play, but it’s also strategic,” Malone said. “Obviously we have a large stake in DirecTV, and how Sirius could play into that is an important consideration, but it’s not on the table today.

“What’s on the table today is let’s understand Sirius and its assets. Let’s help it avoid either bankruptcy or a takeover by somebody they didn’t want to be taken over by, and let’s study it for a while and then decide what the right moves forward are.”<<

This is all anyone can glean from the overall deal at this time...unless you're Malone or Maffei and you know more than you are telling. Though I don't think that's the case. I totally do not believe Ergen and Malone are in bed together--on anything. These are rivals in every way. Right now John Malone is basking in the glow of his "takeaway" from Ergen. This blurb is total crap:

>>"And if Charlie has a great idea on how to exploit the asset, we may end up doing something with Charlie."

“We thought this was an opportunity to use our financial engineering skills to keep [Sirius XM] alive and independent.”

Jimmy Schaeffler, a satellite industry expert with The Carmel Group in Carmel-by-the-Sea, Calif., isn’t surprised Liberty Media would consider Ergen a potential partner.<<

The second graph is correct but the first and third are a great example of wild MSM conjecture. The reason the second graph is accurate is because Malone wins, wins, wins by keeping SIRI out of BK and independent with him having a huge stake in the co. He knows thie company is at it's nadir in every way and it's only up from here. And by keeping SIRI indie, he doesn't have to lift a finger (except things like Maffei cheeleading on CNBC) to continue to have a stake in a company that will only continue to grow in value. It makes no sense for him to either own this outright and asume all that responsibility and heavy lifting, or pick at the bones in BK court. He made the perfect play and all he had to do was write a check. That's genius smart my friends, and will pay off dearly a few years from now. As far as that first graph, all Malone means by that is he might, MAYBE IF HE FEELS LIKE IT, consider someday BUYING something from Charlie, not them working together on anything. That my friends will be a cold day in hell--those egos are waaay too big. And probably what he means moreover is 'if Charlie bows to me and sells me his Dish operation on the cheap'. LOL. That's MY not so wild conjecture..
    sl62,

Excellent post. Pretty much my thoughts when I read it yeterday as well. MALONE CHOOSES HIS WORDS FOR A PURPOSE! I feel ever more confident that Malone knows alot more than he speaks of as to future plans as well.

Addict
    03-14-2009, 10:59 AM #20
    Your right. But just because Hartlieb is right about some aspects, doesnt mean I agree with his methods or believe his sincerity. See Brandon, if you put the lawsuit with a "diver" plantiff, who has no real interest in winning, you direct a lot of energy against SiriusXM into a distracted and never fullfilled cause. Your right though, that comment was about the merger. I digress. Everything I said above is true though, could care less who agrees with me. Ergen might not have been a willing participant, but Clayton pulls his strings on this deal. Probably even convinced him to make Mel an offer he " has to refuse" therefore flying into the waiting arms of Malone, their savior. How can you not think Mel is part of this takedown? Really? Explain the 11th hour BK scare then, for absolutely no reason. Those things just dont happen in the real world. Things are discussed months in advance, and their deadlines are much sooner than the deadlines we think of.
    You guys are both right. Hartlieb is delusional as just another investor that got burned as is pissed about it. He forgot to do (or he overlooked in) his due diligence and paid a hefty price for it. Anyone with losses in this SP did the same thing. Rel, I also wrote earlier about Haretlieb's appearance on FBN..that was a joke an made FBN look stupid. I was shocked they allowed it but in the end they know they made a bad decision trawling for ratings away from CNBC. They thought they could scoop CNBC and they got burned. I feel the same about this "movie" I have heard about. The authors of that better watch it. It has a high potential of looking like just another whiney bitch IMHO. No way Mel will appear in such a thing when he's a Wall Street insider. And yes, we all know he knew this SP was going down when he first joined SIRI and did the 2004 $300M Feb '09 Note deal with GS. Why?, cause of the short that goes with it. Perfectly legal. Since Charles allows us graphics here's a 5 year chart. I put in red markers to show this stock has been going down since the end of 2004. Many of us know this but sometimes it helps to see it. The GS hedge was on as of that time. Then the LBO hedge sealed the deal and took this SP from $9 to $.03 (in AH)/ .05 officially. That my friends is one hell of a short payday. But the short was on the SP from that earlier deal on. The charts don't lie. And there isn't a courtroom that will deny that this is legal. It's stated in the various prospecti and it's up to investors to know what kind of deals in which the company has engaged. The company discloses all aspects of these deals in filings. So how can anyone think they can take this company to court? It's locked up tight. I realize these IB deals that use a hedge are dirty little secrets cause no MSM seems to want to report on them. I have repeatedly tried to get Tyler or Brandon or Slick Rick to report on this aspect but neither thinks it's relevant enough I guess. Too busy focusing on the fundamentals! Ahhh, but that's how it's supposed to work. So mission accomplished! You wonder why yesterday the SP wasn't allowed over .20 (not even .0001 over .20 LOL!). Say hello to my little friend the 2014 LBO hedge. It's not just MM manipulation for no reason. Yes. MM's will play with dumb money, but that hedge is still alive and kicking and will be in play. The difference? What is now in the indie investors favor is instead of the hedge slowly drifting us down, it will be in force to keep a ceiling on a stock that will be slowly dirfting back higher. If it were not for that hedge, this SP may very well be .80 TODAY.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 4 1234