Page 2 of 3 123
    Enthusiast
    03-13-2009, 05:15 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    You know what I found most interesting about yesterday's call- Sirius mentioned that the official iPhone App was discussed publically at the shareholders meeting in December, and basically none of us here knew about the announcement.

Yesterday wasn't the first announcement by the company. So strange that none of us ( including all the media) picked up this info in December. It was no secret. Pretty funny actually.

I think thats the meeting where they only let in 150 people and made sure that they had no electronic devices...I wonder how many if any were analyst

Addict
    03-13-2009, 05:21 PM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    I could not care less about MLB. In case you missed it, the Mirge is now available, so if you want baseball and are a sirius subscriber, get a Mirge...problem solved.
    What???? You want subs to go buy a new dual radio instead of trying to convert the 9 million or so existing Sirius subs to Best of XM for baseball? Are you kidding me Brandon? You have to be kidding me.

Get Baseball on Sirius! It's imperative!

Addict
    03-13-2009, 05:26 PM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by tim wallick View Post
    I think thats the meeting where they only let in 150 people and made sure that they had no electronic devices...I wonder how many if any were analyst
    I found it so funny that we are all waiting on pins and needles for an official iPhone announcement, and it was officially announced 4 months ago and nobody knew!!! Cracked me up. First time I have encountered that following any company.

Guru
    03-13-2009, 09:06 PM #14
    from XMRO websites FAQ section:

Why have you changed the online listening product?
    The Online listening platform has been upgraded to a higher quality digital audio and is no longer included as a part of a base subscription at no charge. The upgrading of this service allows for customers to listen at near CD-quality sound (128k) for a better listening experience. In the future this will also allow customers to access the online listening platform from a variety of electronic devices.

03-14-2009, 05:23 PM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    I found it so funny that we are all waiting on pins and needles for an official iPhone announcement, and it was officially announced 4 months ago and nobody knew!!! Cracked me up. First time I have encountered that following any company.
    He he, that is kind of funny.

03-16-2009, 02:55 PM #16
    Now will Sirius be bastards and make all iphone users upgrade to the premium feed to enable playback on it or will users be able to use the "free" feed?

03-16-2009, 04:39 PM #17
    Aren't we all here to make money? Why would we not want Sirius to generate revenue from all possible sources? I hope they are bastards if it will help our collective bottom lines.

Banned
    03-28-2009, 08:49 AM #18
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/1282...l?source=email

Apple (AAPL) should quickly take 20% of China’s smartphone market once the company launches a deal with a carrier to sell the IPhone in the country, says Scott Craig, an analyst at Bank of America/Merrill Lynch.
    In a research note this morning, Craig took a look at the prospects for distribution of the phone in China, given recent reports indicating that a deal with China Unicom (CHU) could be in the works.
    “Our Asia supply chain checks seem to indicate that Apple believes it can achieve an initial penetration rate,least on a sell-in basis, similar to the iPhone launch in the U.S.,” of about 20%, he writes. “In fact, given our channel checks in Asia, Apple likely believes it can easily meet (and likely exceed) this and/or believes in other scenarios that result in much higher unit sales levels.”
    Craig writes that his checks find that iPhone production levels are incrementally higher than he previously thought, “reflecting an expectations of continued strength in demand.”
    Craig upped his EPS estimate for the September 2009 fiscal year to $5.31 from $5.26 on a GAAP basis, and to $7.28 from $7.04 if you ignore subscription accounting. He raised his target on the stock to $120, from $110.
    Craig is estimating that Apple can sell 1.5 million iPhones in China in calendar 2009, assuming a mid-year release, with 4.6 million in calendar 2010, and 5.8 million in 2011. He notes that this assume a price point of $500-$600; he says the forecast could prove to be conservative if Apple is willing sell the phone more cheaply.
    Apple today is down $3.19, or 2.9%, to $106.68.

04-08-2009, 11:13 PM #19
    I understand that AT&T has a 5 GB cap on the data. Given that you suck approximately 1 MB for every minute of music you stream on your iPhone, listening to Sirius or XM on your iPhone will be expensive if you're not careful.

04-09-2009, 01:43 AM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post
    I understand that AT&T has a 5 GB cap on the data. Given that you suck approximately 1 MB for every minute of music you stream on your iPhone, listening to Sirius or XM on your iPhone will be expensive if you're not careful.
    Ouch thats gotta hurt.

Data Plans (Mobile Internet)
    To find which iPhone cap best suits your mobile internet needs, simply slide the data slider to the desired data usage on the results page.
    The following Mobile Internet Plans are available for iPhone on the Vodafone Contract Cap for iPhone.

$69 Cap: 400MB per month
    $99 Cap: 500MB per month
    $119 Cap: 500MB per month
    $149 Cap: 2GB per month

http://mobile-phones.cnet.com.au/MobilePhones/Carriers/Vodafone/Cap/Vodafone-$69-iPhone-Cap?phone=iPhone-8GB

Australia's Iphone through Vodaphone plan

Page 2 of 3 123