Page 1 of 3 123
    Head Honcho
    03-12-2009, 07:39 PM #1

Sirius XM iPhone app is official, but we already knew that

It was made officially official today that Sirius XM will be releasing their own iPhone application and the net has picked up on the story and it is spreading like wildfire.... but wait.... I reported on that over two weeks ago: http://siriusbuzz.com/sirius-xm-to-r...pplication.php

People have been going out of their way to address me personally in posts and comments so, I guess I will start calling out all of the negative pains in the ass.

Ron Goldman says: We have all been duped. There is no app coming (from anyone). Sirius would have said something by now and it’s a huge bunch of nothing.

You're a dummy.

cos1000 says: Problem is relmor my friend, this article is based on supposition that SXM was involved in taking action to block the Nicemac application with Apple. What’s the source??? Where’s the proof??
    Yeah, I mean, it couldn't possibly be that the author actually knows what he is talking about.

cos1000 says: Granted, even if proven true in the near term, posting this article under the sites Rumors thread would have been more appropriate…
    That would have been true... IF IT WERE A RUMOR.

egiscodr says: Confirmation of iPhone app now appearing on Orbitcast
    http://www.orbitcast.com/archi.....ource.html
    Are we sure that this new version is not the same one NiceMac developed? Maybe Sirius is buying them out?
    Because we all know we need Ryan to confirm my reporting.

Nathan says: Since, for now, this is speculation, shouldn’t there be a “?” at the end of your headline??
    No

still sirius says: Charles
    Nothing in the Nicemac release said anything about Sirius blocking the Iphone App. Although I hope that your right on this one and a free app is coming soon! i still think ? at end of title, or rumor statement.
    That would only be true if there were a question. Which there was not.

Jeff94 says: Agreed. I re-read this article to make sure I didn’t miss anything. Although you may be proven right, it’s irresponsible indicate a speculative rumor is fact.
    Riiiight.

Andrew Eller says: While I hope you are right, I don’t think NiceMac’s post was a smoking gun pointing to an official iPhone app.
    There should be a big *RUMOR* disclaimer on the top of this article.
    You really couldn't see that was a smoking gun? Do you know what one looks like? I would have put a "big *RUMOR* disclaimer on the top of this article" but... its not a rumor... so, that would have been retarded

rmahlab says: Even if you end up being correct….this will go down as the most ridiculous article ever published on SIRIUSBUZZ and has damaged the credibility of the website….NICE WORK!!!
    So, because I had it exactly correct... the credibility of this site has been ruined? (Anyone feel free to jump in and explain this one to me)

still sirius says: Roger
    Where is it printed that Sirius blocked the iphone app? Total speculation and BS at this time until factual information is released!
    If you don't believe what I write... then what are you all doing here?
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    03-12-2009, 09:30 PM #2
    Charles

Glad you called me out! However, I never stated that the app was not in the works...I only said that no proof that SiriusXM blocked the release of nicemac version!

As an investor, glad that you were correct! Now go to your source and get us some more info...as long as it's not considered insider info!!!!!hahaha

We need all of the positive info possible to counter the negative spin of MSM

Keep up the good work. Thanks for the forum to vent and discuss!!!

Head Honcho
    03-12-2009, 09:59 PM #3
    Ugh... I had proof that Sirius XM blocked the app.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Mentor
    03-13-2009, 12:52 AM #4
    Charles

Re-read your article posted on the 27th of Feb. No where in it does it state that SiriusXM blocked the nicemac app except that you said so. Thats all Im saying. Again, I am glad that you were right on this one. Was not meant to be confrontational!!!!

Hope you cont to be right about all things positive SiriusXM!!! Do you have anymore tidbits you would like to impart to us?

Again, thanks for keeping us informed.

Mentor
    03-13-2009, 12:55 AM #5
    Charles

BTW Many posters pull crap out of their arse, spew it all over the thread, and then get pissed when questioned?

I humbly request that you accept my sincere apology! Your information is pretty good almost all of the time. Alittle edgy when questioned, but ok with me.

Addict
    03-13-2009, 12:21 PM #6
    You know what I found most interesting about yesterday's call- Sirius mentioned that the official iPhone App was discussed publically at the shareholders meeting in December, and basically none of us here knew about the announcement.

Yesterday wasn't the first announcement by the company. So strange that none of us ( including all the media) picked up this info in December. It was no secret. Pretty funny actually.

Head Honcho
    03-13-2009, 02:09 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Re-read your article posted on the 27th of Feb. No where in it does it state that SiriusXM blocked the nicemac app except that you said so.
    I read an article today about a fire in Massachusetts. There were no pictures... am I suppose to believe the journalist who wrote this article just because he said there was a fire? Where is his proof? I won't believe it happened until he brings me the actual charred address numbers from the house.

Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    I humbly request that you accept my sincere apology! Your information is pretty good almost all of the time. Alittle edgy when questioned, but ok with me.
    I do. I get edgy because I work my ass off to get people good info only to have email after email and comment after comment question me and attack me personally. I have broke at least 4 stories now that have been dead balls on. Can someone please finally cut me a break.

1k people have given me shit and I have created this one thread to point out how right I was... and I am the one who is considered edgy. Everyone here is lucky that I don't go postal for all the shit I take because Sirius XM has been running sub par for 2 years.

BTW, don't take it personally, your comment was one of many and I didn't bother to go around and gather them all because who has that kind of time
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Banned
    03-13-2009, 02:38 PM #8
    C'mon Charles. We are "just bloggers." It doesn't fit with some members position if we actually have sources and choose to protect them.

I think some members of the community feel that we should just report all good and happy Sirius news. I've learned recently that being negative torwards the company in any manner is an invitation to be ridiculed.

"What we've got here is....... failure....to communicate"

Addict
    03-13-2009, 03:25 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    C'mon Charles. We are "just bloggers." It doesn't fit with some members position if we actually have sources and choose to protect them.

I think some members of the community feel that we should just report all good and happy Sirius news. I've learned recently that being negative torwards the company in any manner is an invitation to be ridiculed.

"What we've got here is....... failure....to communicate"
    Brandon - Personally I thought your extremely optimistic post was even worse than you're extremely pessimistic post the day earlier.

Basically you didn't address the real issues in either post. But after they refinanced you basically totally reversed your stance without even addressing the real issues at hand - the iPhone app and MLB on Sirius.

Obviously near term these are the 2 most important issues at hand.

Banned
    03-13-2009, 04:56 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by MUSCLE13 View Post
    Brandon - Personally I thought your extremely optimistic post was even worse than you're extremely pessimistic post the day earlier.

Basically you didn't address the real issues in either post. But after they refinanced you basically totally reversed your stance without even addressing the real issues at hand - the iPhone app and MLB on Sirius.

Obviously near term these are the 2 most important issues at hand.
    Which have been covered ad nauseum by 10000 other news outlets. I prefer to report on the things they miss. The most important issues right now are declining subs from both oem and retail.

The iPhone app won't be around until sometime in Q2, which means half a year lost to any benefit the company may realize. I could not care less about MLB. In case you missed it, the Mirge is now available, so if you want baseball and are a sirius subscriber, get a Mirge...problem solved.

No my nemesis, the big problem is what to do in THIS quarter to spur subscriptions. Autozone and Walmart with an aggressive ad campaign gets it done and gets it done now.
    Last edited by Brandon Matthews; 03-13-2009 at 05:01 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123