03-12-2009, 09:56 AM #1

is the stiletto 2 car kit necessary??

I just bought the stiletto 2. it's coming in today. my car has an external input so i can listen to like an ipod let's say with the auxiliary cable i bought. no dock necessary. is it the same with the stiletto? will i definitely need the car kit? i dont want to spend another $50 if i don't have to. i just want to know if ill be able to plus the auxiliary cable into the stiletto and listen to the radio through the car speakers the way i do now with my ipod... my cr has a built in satellite antenna on the roof but i haven't installed a system in it.. thanks for any feedback.

Guru
    03-12-2009, 12:03 PM #2
    the reason for the car kits is to have something to dock it in...something to power it....and and external antennae for a better signal.

if you were looking to save money and didn't mind draining the battery the aux cable will work fine. Im sure it just plugs into the headphone jack.

The only drawback i see is I don't know if you'll be able to use the antennae you mention is on the car without the dock, my xmp3 needs a dock to plug the antennae into, so you may have to listen to recorded content if the stilletos built in antennae isn't strong enough.
    Last edited by imromo24; 03-12-2009 at 12:10 PM.

03-12-2009, 03:41 PM #3
    You could get by without the car doc but I would advise that you spend the extra $50 and get it. My Element has the aux input also. However, you are definetly going to need the power supply from the car doc plus the antennae as mentioned above.

It would suck to go on a long trip and have the battery run out. Once you get the car doc and see what it does, you won't regret it.

I enjoyed Sirius before I got the Stiletto 2 but now I really love it. Now I just need to get the home doc.

Daniel

03-29-2009, 09:37 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by gorga14 View Post
    I just bought the stiletto 2. it's coming in today. my car has an external input so i can listen to like an ipod let's say with the auxiliary cable i bought. no dock necessary. is it the same with the stiletto? will i definitely need the car kit? i dont want to spend another $50 if i don't have to. i just want to know if ill be able to plus the auxiliary cable into the stiletto and listen to the radio through the car speakers the way i do now with my ipod... my cr has a built in satellite antenna on the roof but i haven't installed a system in it.. thanks for any feedback.
    I run mine without but I have an aux. I'm have the charger, the antenna and aux plugged into mine without a docking station. I take mine all over the USA and if the rental car doesn't have a Aux I have a radio transmitter in my backpack.

06-25-2013, 08:41 PM #5
    I know this post is a few years old but can't find any info anywhere else.Sinister said he runs his stiletto without the dock and I would like to know how to do this?Is there an adapter available to plug the antenna in?thanks for any help