Page 3 of 4 1234
    Mentor
    03-12-2009, 09:14 AM #21
    That is exactly what I heard john. They do not have to fund the escrow account any more.

Guru
    03-12-2009, 09:16 AM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    They are not sticking to $300 million EBITDA, they siad they would EXCEED $300 million EBITDA, which is an improvement in forecast (which Mel stressed). That is definately a positive in book.

Newman, I know I hate to say it but people that wanted them to give a estimate on subs would have been even more pissed if they did. Just think how they would have acted if Mel said they will be lucky just to stay even in 2009. They would have been all over Mel for constantly saying bad news.

Guru
    03-12-2009, 09:18 AM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    That is exactly what I heard john. They do not have to fund the escrow account any more.
    Then that is big news then. they are very well funded for the next few years it totaly makes up for the 25 million payments every quarter they are going to have to make on the May debt that was extended.

Mentor
    03-12-2009, 09:42 AM #24
    My thoughts exactly john. As far as subscribers go, I think it was smart not to give subscriber guidance, though I was disappointed there was no revenue guidance.

Addict
    03-12-2009, 09:52 AM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Then that is big news then. they are very well funded for the next few years it totaly makes up for the 25 million payments every quarter they are going to have to make on the May debt that was extended.
    looks like we had two CC threads. I was on the other one.

888's..

Did you hear Mel make his "cash is king" mantra again? and the reason he financed to Feb Notes rather than use COH..to keep sizable cash position so the books look better..he's been saying this since Sept..

Except for Frear saying "no guidance this year or any other in the future" gaff, I think it was a "no disasters" showing and what we needed. I'm sure Frear didn't realize what he said there. Getting these guys outside of prepared remarks is dangerous LOL..

Addict
    03-12-2009, 09:56 AM #26
    Guys...

I say we have just entered the new era for SIRI SP. We will now see a more postive sentiment from here. The negative days are behind us. A 6 mo. chart also shows the turn..Rome won't be built in a day but sentiment higher for sure.

Mentor
    03-12-2009, 10:04 AM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by sl62 View Post
    Guys...

I say we have just entered the new era for SIRI SP. We will now see a more postive sentiment from here. The negative days are behind us. A 6 mo. chart also shows the turn..Rome won't be built in a day but sentiment higher for sure.
    Yes, I was analysing there chart yesterday. Actually hugging the 20 day moving average, and has cleared it. In normal TA, this would be a break out attempt by the SP. It has a bullish crossover on the 10th with MA's/.Money flow, MACD, and STO all look positive.

Addict
    03-12-2009, 10:08 AM #28
    no more penthouse for Maddoff...time for the big house LOL...what a douche..

Addict
    03-12-2009, 10:13 AM #29
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Yes, I was analysing there chart yesterday. Actually hugging the 20 day moving average, and has cleared it. In normal TA, this would be a break out attempt by the SP. It has a bullish crossover on the 10th with MA's/.Money flow, MACD, and STO all look positive.
    This is pretty good timing for the SP. Just as the general market will be bottoming, so is SIRI. As those sideline dollars start coming in, we just need a big player or two to see the opp to make .75 on their 2M shares and we will be on our way...then others will follow...

Guru
    03-12-2009, 10:31 AM #30
    Quote Originally Posted by sl62 View Post
    looks like we had two CC threads. I was on the other one.

888's..

Did you hear Mel make his "cash is king" mantra again? and the reason he financed to Feb Notes rather than use COH..to keep sizable cash position so the books look better..he's been saying this since Sept..

Except for Frear saying "no guidance this year or any other in the future" gaff, I think it was a "no disasters" showing and what we needed. I'm sure Frear didn't realize what he said there. Getting these guys outside of prepared remarks is dangerous LOL..

sl62, I already gave you a reply on that other thread. I will say it again. In a less polite way if you think it was wise to take out Feb. debt and give up 40% of the company just to keep alot of COH then you are smoking crack. Now if you saw the thread I put up "just opinion" then you would realize the deal with Malone was not because of the Feb debt but because of May debt. The fact is Mel would have been happy to pay 175 million out of COH to get Feb out of the way as long as the May debt could be extended. That was the catch 22 to the deal.
    Last edited by john; 03-12-2009 at 10:36 AM.

Page 3 of 4 1234