Page 12 of 12 ... 2101112
    03-12-2009, 01:57 PM #111
    20% is not to shabby gentlemen. I might unload 10k just to have some cash.
    Volume is nice. This could snap through .30c in the next few days. Market sentiment might actually be on our side. What could an analyst say now? They threw everything and the kitchen sink at us and guess what? We are still standing. Today is a good day, didn't even have to use my AK.

03-12-2009, 02:00 PM #112
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    To be honest I will just be clad to get the extra I through in every time I said thats it I not buying anymore, plus if it would not be to greedy my original investment I tossed back in after expending the profits (THAT I HAD ALREADY PAID TAXES ON) by putting those back in this stinking pig. Is that asking for to much? I dont think so.
    John,

I understand and agree for you and others in your position I hope it works out. I myself made money ...good money, on purchase and then sale when stock went to 9 bucks a few years ago...but this last time they got me good, and I held and held....all the while hoping things would reverse.....then I just started adding to my position over the last 6 months or so where I went to a comfortable avg price for me based on the recent history.

Mentor
    03-12-2009, 04:18 PM #113
    As far as all of this discussion about which deal was best:

If ANYONE took larger than a 50% stake, change of control provisions would have been activated with debt holders, and instantly you would have seen 3.2 billion dollars in debt come due.

Along with change of control, you would have had the FCC jumping down Ergan's, Mel's, and whoever elses throat.

john, I agree with you that the deal SUCKED. Sirius got NOTHING for their 40% of the company excpt a loan.

Tell you what: Anyone who wants to buy a new vacation home, I will loan you the money for the first year in payments, but you have to pay me back with 15% interest. Oh, and I get to use the vacation home 40% out of the year FROM NOW ON, and I get to say when I want to use it. And if you lease or rent it, I get 40% of the profit, because I am a perferred shareholder.

It was rediculous, BUT: I think Mel is probably telling the truth in that this was the best deal for the shareholders because it did not involve BK or change of control provisions or another FCC fiasco.

And for whoever said it, it was NOT about saving Mel's ass. They said the board voted unanimously for the Malone deal. I think it was ALL of their asses.

Addict
    03-12-2009, 06:03 PM #114
    Quote Originally Posted by ZealonsUnited View Post
    hey guys! I have finally made it over from seeking alpha........ I am kinda kicking myself for selling pre-market yesterday at .166.....I can't buy back until Monday.....I have never been a fan of holding stocks during a CC
    Zealons...

Welcome. Glad you could make it...fyi...for easier viwing of pages go to UserCP up top there and change your post per page to the max (40)

Page 12 of 12 ... 2101112