Page 11 of 12 ... 9101112
    Enthusiast
    03-12-2009, 12:03 PM #101
    Quote Originally Posted by mogami View Post
    hi .05 was after that and several hundred million shares traded without moving price up. It was a panic sell only stopped by Liberty news. Without that news the SP would have hit .03
    True, but like you say a lot of that was panic selling by lots of people. Once word hits the Street that ONE buyer is accumulating large chunks of shares the price would skyrocket. You can't just buy the entire float in one fell swoop.

03-12-2009, 12:10 PM #102
    Hi, I don't think 1 buyer can get the entire float without filing with SEC. But they still could have gotten a large chunk from the panic.
    Then they say they intend on going private after BK reorganization and the panic starts all over.

Listen any group who could handle 2009 debt would make a huge profit off Sirius by going private. They would hold the debt

Addict
    03-12-2009, 12:10 PM #103
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    sl62, I dont think you heard Mel when he said that he planed on taking out half of the Feb. debt with cash if needed. He may like having alot of COH but he liked having 40 percent more of his company more. I dont care how you want to slice it, this deal sucked plan and simple. There would have been only one exceptable out come for losing 40% of a company and that would have been if they would have at least PAID SOMETHING FOR IT. So sl62 as to what we talked about before you were wrong there is no way Mel would have given up 40% of the company if his back was not totally against the wall, that also gos for giving up as much as COH as possible to get by. If you noticed he basically said he would have not like to have given up 40% but it had to be done compared to what many of you were predicting would otherwise happen. They were not saying there would be a drain of COH.
    888's..

We're basically on the same page. I think you know I wouldn't advocate just giving away 40% of the company if it weren't absolutely necessary..which in this case it was. I'm just saying since it was, and under the terms it had to be...SIRI has gotten the best they could hope for in a partner for now and the future. Who better could they have had invest in them? In that respect I like the deal. Not the actual figures...I liken this deal to the gov (us) investing in GM. Keeps them out of BK, and enables them to keep their main structure in place while they keep reinventing the biz internally. But to the consumer, it keeps things in tact an avoids a Lehman-like ripple...I say well worth it. And just today they have annouced they don't need the March $2B cause their cost cutting has started to take effect...so, so far so good.

Addict
    03-12-2009, 12:13 PM #104
    Quote Originally Posted by sl62 View Post
    888's..

We're basically on the same page. I think you know I wouldn't advocate just giving away 40% of the company if it weren't absolutely necessary..which in this case it was. I'm just saying since it was, and under the terms it had to be...SIRI has gotten the best they could hope for in a partner for now and the future. Who better could they have had invest in them? In that respect I like the deal. Not the actual figures...I liken this deal to the gov (us) investing in GM. Keeps them out of BK, and enables them to keep their main structure in place while they keep reinventing the biz internally. But to the consumer, it keeps things in tact an avoids a Lehman-like ripple...I say well worth it. And just today they have annouced they don't need the March $2B cause their cost cutting has started to take effect...so, so far so good.
    888's...

Besides what's wrong with smoking a little crack once in a while?... LOL

Addict
    03-12-2009, 12:28 PM #105
    Nice dudes.. God doesn't .19 look good?? I'm telling you...the shackles are now oficially off this company and the trends will be higher towards the right correction away from BK. And the market will decide just where that is. I say right now it's .25 - .30. IMHO this is no time to be selling...

Guru
    03-12-2009, 01:15 PM #106
    888's..

OK that we agree on then.

Guru
    03-12-2009, 01:16 PM #107
    888's...

Besides what's wrong with smoking a little crack once in a while?... LOL

That was good for a laugh I liked it.

Guru
    03-12-2009, 01:22 PM #108
    Nice dudes.. God doesn't .19 look good?? I'm telling you...the shackles are now oficially off this company and the trends will be higher towards the right correction away from BK. And the market will decide just where that is. I say right now it's .25 - .30. IMHO this is no time to be selling...

I told relmar not to gamble here. Then again watch it tank. I dont know where he has settled at. I have seen him post 3/4 position then a little later full position then a little later he was back to 3/4 position. I hope he didnt get screwed then again tuff I have been screwed by this Mother Fer for the last 3 years. WHAT HAPPEN TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN A MAN COULD MAKE 500% ON AN INVESTMENT IN THIS BITCH

03-12-2009, 01:41 PM #109
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I told relmar not to gamble here. Then again watch it tank. I dont know where he has settled at. I have seen him post 3/4 position then a little later full position then a little later he was back to 3/4 position. I hope he didnt get screwed then again tuff I have been screwed by this Mother Fer for the last 3 years. WHAT HAPPEN TO THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN A MAN COULD MAKE 500% ON AN INVESTMENT IN THIS BITCH
    John,

I think those days are definitely gone unless you own at the bottom recently and are holding long term, Don't get me wrong, still plenty to be made trading...but not with the volatility there was prior to this last couple of months.

Guru
    03-12-2009, 01:48 PM #110
    Quote Originally Posted by asm610 View Post
    John,

I think those days are definitely gone unless you own at the bottom recently and are holding long term, Don't get me wrong, still plenty to be made trading...but not with the volatility there was prior to this last couple of months.

To be honest I will just be clad to get the extra I through in every time I said thats it I not buying anymore, plus if it would not be to greedy my original investment I tossed back in after expending the profits (THAT I HAD ALREADY PAID TAXES ON) by putting those back in this stinking pig. Is that asking for to much? I dont think so.

Page 11 of 12 ... 9101112