Page 31 of 31 ... 21293031
    Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    03-11-2009, 10:53 PM #301
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Cos, sounds like you think he may be in for an article 35? His recent bipolar habits might grant him grounds.
    I'm thinking some "special time" with the section 8 docs - some good medication - followed by some convalescent leave......

If that doesn't help - we'll readdress the issue.....

Enthusiast
    03-12-2009, 01:09 AM #302
    good discussion all.............................. let's hope the Dog feels like stretching his legs early tomorrow morn. Time to make ready the armor and weapons. It's time to take it to the enemy............ get some rest. WE'RE GONNA NEED IT. .. killerkaul................... keeper of the Dog.

03-12-2009, 03:35 AM #303
    Cos: Back on page 15, I posted my thoughts about the 4th quarter numbers which I thought were amazing in light of alll the events surrounding this company and the economy in this period. In this environment, we had growth, and that is the most important thing.
    The company will continue its cost cutting it will rework some talent contracts this year which will further help the bottom line, and of course there are the wild cards which could further enhance the revenue stream.

All in all I think we should look at the company as if it was brand new going forward from here. I don't think that there will be a second "Howard" that would generate mass subscribers unless we draw one or more of our wild cards. Instead we have to accept slower growth in the short term as we battle our way out of the recession.

These next three quarters will be important as it relates to the share price. Down the road we are still looking at the prospect of the reverse split unless the share price goes over a dollar ( which in truth, there is no reason why we shouldn't be there now-we are the only media company to my knowledge which is still growing despite these tough times and look at the assets we have, how much value would you give to spectrum alone?) I truly believe the present share price only reflects that bashing that this company has taken from external sources and the after affect of the lending of the stock to the bondholders to short, it all just went out of control. Now we have some stability in the near term and and a strong partner and some new life on the board as well as the probable successor to Mel in Maffei from Liberty. In addition, one benefit of Malone and Liberty is their Washington connections which we need in our battle against the NAB and their political whores. That battle isn't going away either. So all in all, I see some good here, I still would fire everyone in marketing and start over but it could be worse. I'm buying the stock again and keeping everything for the long haul. I also think that Mel thought about taking the company private but I think thats off the table for now unless Mell can get a price that would give him a profit on his stock purchases, I honestly believe he has that big of an ego.

I am looking forward to the conference call and expect good things from MEL.
    In reviewing your posts subsequent to mine it looks like we are on the same page.

We will review the conference call in subsequent posts, no doubt.

Page 31 of 31 ... 21293031