Page 8 of 31 ... 67891018 ...
    03-10-2009, 08:26 PM #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    I don't think so. Retail investor is getting fleeced. The yahoo morons are posting about what a great report this is. There's one born every day.4th quarter sucked. This quarter will be even worse, which means that until this company does something different, it will be at LEAST July before we get anything good from the company...

Look at Stem yesterday. Up on hype, then the street figured out it didn't mean anything without an actual product. Today is sirius hype...tomorrow they figure out that no ones buying it anymore.

If Mel comes out thurday and says they have an iPhone app being submitted next quarter, that they "plan" to open sirius internet worldwide, it will mean nothing. I wrote an article. "Show me don't tell me"

Show times over, and I ain't seen shit!
    You need to watch the interview again! They are just getting started.

03-10-2009, 08:27 PM #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    BINGO!!

That is my thought EXACTLY!! I think you have this one nailed!

But I wish you hadn't published that post until we had time to load up (or did you already load?)
    I'm your Huckleberry...already began that move!

Banned
    03-10-2009, 08:28 PM #73
    Quote Originally Posted by homer985 View Post
    Hmmm, wonder if there was a FD issue today that caused the rush to release the 10-K today -- plus the Press Release.

That would certainly explain the timing -- and the fact that their CC isn't for a week.
    I had commented about this. The wording of the press release for the extension sais it would be issued "by" the 17th, not on the 17th.

03-10-2009, 08:30 PM #74
    Someone please elaborate for me. How can they post a $32m profit...and still post a loss of 250m ?

Mentor
    03-10-2009, 08:30 PM #75
    Brandon,you forget that BK was all over the news in Nov and Dec,what knuckle head person would go to buy a SATRAD at CC or Best or where ever
    in that environment..plus the sky was falling all over AIG and Banks,remember?
    And sirius still had growth...I agree 1Q will as bad or worsethan 4Q,but 2Q will be the start of A REAL COMPANY not a speculative venture like it has been for 8yrs.
    IMHO that is
    Last edited by JohnnyIrishXM; 03-10-2009 at 08:33 PM.

Addict
    03-10-2009, 08:30 PM #76
    I don't think so. Retail investor is getting fleeced. The yahoo morons are posting about what a great report this is. There's one born every day.4th quarter sucked. This quarter will be even worse, which means that until this company does something different, it will be at LEAST July before we get anything good from the company...

Look at Stem yesterday. Up on hype, then the street figured out it didn't mean anything without an actual product. Today is sirius hype...tomorrow they figure out that no ones buying it anymore.

If Mel comes out thurday and says they have an iPhone app being submitted next quarter, that they "plan" to open sirius internet worldwide, it will mean nothing. I wrote an article. "Show me don't tell me"

Show times over, and I ain't seen shit!
    Brandon is out, so now here comes the biased negative articles so he can try again get it on the cheap.

How could you be an impartial journalist if you are trading the stock ?

How could we trust anything you say now ?

So now your position is that you are on the sidelines, so we know what to expect fom you. Will you let us all know when you take a new long position ?

03-10-2009, 08:31 PM #77
    Quote Originally Posted by asm610 View Post
    Brandon,

I'm not happy with alot that has occured, but to still be spouting off about that wrong direction crap....you seem to think you are smarter than John Malone or Greg Maffei.....
    I don't think Brandon is saying he is smarter than Malone, but remember that Liberty is getting a lot more than the convertible stock for its loan to SIRI including a nice 15% coupon. The bondholders of Sirius have so much more leverage than the common stock owners. Sirius will survive with Liberty's involvement but it is not certain yet if the common shareholders of Sirius will make out.

03-10-2009, 08:31 PM #78
    From the Press Release:

Investor Conference Call Scheduled for Thursday, March 12, 8:00 AM ET

Banned
    03-10-2009, 08:35 PM #79
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    Brandon is out, so now here comes the biased negative articles so he can try again get it on the cheap.

How could you be an impartial journalist if you are trading the stock ?

How could we trust anything you say now ?

So now your position is that you are on the sidelines, so we know what to expect fom you. Will you let us all know when you take a new long position ?
    I always state my position in my articles, when I have one.

03-10-2009, 08:38 PM #80
    An d that is my greatest concern with Sirius. They do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to market their own product. They rely on co's like GM to market their product, and ride the oem's coat-tails. A billion dollars worth of talent that gets no promotion at all. The pisser is the cash they have on hand. They could advertise but they don't. They don't advertise the NFL in football season, they don't advertise Martha or Oprah or Howard. NOTHING!

If they spent the ad dollars they made on promoting their own company, there would be NO decline in retail subs.

Want a freakin' ad idea Mel. Here's one....

"Get Sirius! And hear what you've been missing!"

That'll be a million dollars. I take checks...
    Brandon,
    Yeah all that COH is to pay their overpriced salaries. Did you see what the exec's get if they are terminated?????

huge joke!

Page 8 of 31 ... 67891018 ...