Page 7 of 31 ... 5678917 ...
    03-10-2009, 08:05 PM #61

retail

Hi, Where would this person fall? He had a 1994 that he installed Sirius into in 2004 . When he sold it last year he bought a new car with Sirius already installed.

Enthusiast
    03-10-2009, 08:09 PM #62
    Wow, 19,003,856 subs, that really sucks -but it could have been worse! Given the auto sales, and lack of anything interesting in retail -what do you expect? I'm glad to see they have $380,446,000 cash at the end of q4 though.

03-10-2009, 08:15 PM #63
    In my experience, I see stocks fall when they don't make earnings. I was surprised by the early release of the report and the change in the call to this week. Especially after a great CNBC interview.

Like Brandon, I just sold and expect to get back in at a better price point. It is possible this will open higher tomorrow, but I expect a swing back soon after the bell. I think there is a good chance SIRI will get to .25 or .35 over the next year, but I expect lots of swings. I would have hated to hold this back to .10 or .11, where it may go.

Mentor
    03-10-2009, 08:15 PM #64

a small profit

[QUOTE=Koop;18351]This from Mel.

"In the fourth quarter 2008, the company's first full quarter of combined operations, SIRIUS XM made remarkable financial progress," said Mel Karmazin, CEO of SIRIUS. "For the first time in company history, we reached positive pro forma adjusted income from operations of $32 million, as compared with a loss of $224 million one year ago. Fourth quarter 2008 revenue of $644 million grew 16% over the year ago quarter while total cash operating expenses declined by 22%, a clear demonstration of our focus on improving profitability. Despite challenges in the overall economy and in the auto sector, we look forward to continuing to deliver on the synergies of the merger. We are also very pleased to report that we have closed the second and final phase of the previously announced investment by Liberty Media Corporation. These transactions resolve the uncertainty surrounding the company's and its subsidiaries' debt maturing in 2009."

This is all you or I needed to see as we finally made a profit for the first time as expenses from synergies took affect and outstanding 17% growth in this AWFULL economy last year....

Guru
    03-10-2009, 08:17 PM #65
    i dont get why people are selling, wowowowowowowowow i dont want to sound like an ass, but you will have to buy back higher, if im wrong ill admit it but im damn sure im not.

03-10-2009, 08:17 PM #66
    Hmmm, wonder if there was a FD issue today that caused the rush to release the 10-K today -- plus the Press Release.

That would certainly explain the timing -- and the fact that their CC isn't for a week.

03-10-2009, 08:21 PM #67
    Brandon,

I'm not happy with alot that has occured, but to still be spouting off about that wrong direction crap....you seem to think you are smarter than John Malone or Greg Maffei.....do you feel comfortable making that statement. For some reason, I think they have a better handle on things than you do. They are not interested in throwing more money at a sinking ship....and by Maffei's own words....they are already putting a plan together. Do you think he spoke about free non premium listening by accident as an enticement to grow the subscriber base? No friggen way! What this tells me is they see the way to take advantage of what is already established...to do some real marketing and take other necessary steps that the company has been neglecting in order to grow the retail base..and are already on the verge of implementing that plan! Let's not forget something else...they know what the hell they are doing....or Dish would have eaten DTV alive.

Enthusiast
    03-10-2009, 08:21 PM #68
    Where the hell are all these merger synergies? I'm just seeing merger related costs.

Banned
    03-10-2009, 08:22 PM #69
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    bidding higher over .15 after hours - worst may be behind them
    I don't think so. Retail investor is getting fleeced. The yahoo morons are posting about what a great report this is. There's one born every day.4th quarter sucked. This quarter will be even worse, which means that until this company does something different, it will be at LEAST July before we get anything good from the company...

Look at Stem yesterday. Up on hype, then the street figured out it didn't mean anything without an actual product. Today is sirius hype...tomorrow they figure out that no ones buying it anymore.

If Mel comes out thurday and says they have an iPhone app being submitted next quarter, that they "plan" to open sirius internet worldwide, it will mean nothing. I wrote an article. "Show me don't tell me"

Show times over, and I ain't seen shit!

03-10-2009, 08:26 PM #70
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    i dont get why people are selling, wowowowowowowowow i dont want to sound like an ass, but you will have to buy back higher, if im wrong ill admit it but im damn sure im not.
    It was easier for me to sell, because I locked in a 50% profit for a one month investment. In this market, I like having cash because there are so many opportunities to get in at bargain rates. It's possible, I will take my SIRI profits and put it into something like BRK.A (up $12,000 today!). But if there is a drop to .10 or .12, I will strongly consider getting back into SIRI. Everytime in my life I have held a volatile stock after earnings, I later wished I had sold.

Page 7 of 31 ... 5678917 ...