Page 3 of 3 123
    Mentor
    03-11-2009, 05:36 PM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    God dam homer you are good because mine actually is green. Not that anyone would have believed it though.
    Homer, can you verify this? I dont believe him. Ill bet you its blue.
    Im getting a bit of a beating for being too negative about my analysis of the quarter. I dont feel I was, I was more short term disappointed than anything. I hate to see demand destruction in retail like that. I was looking for 19.2 million subs, and a better showing in Q4 from retail. I thought the MSM would take the report worse. Good sign they didnt. In fact, if I would have know they would have gotten a free pass on the retail sub loss, and the miss on sub estimates, and the miss on loss per share, I might not have sold. But I did, and I still feel even a good CC might cause a takedown to drive out anyone buying on rumors, selling on news bs(day traders, or long term holders looking to buy back big here) Very encouraging for the attitude of the CC reporters. Still expecting a buying chance at .12-.14 before its all said and done, unless Mel has some suprises up his sleeve in the CC, but since he hasnt in the past, I wasnt banking on it. Any thoughts on this John? Overall, whats your one sentence summary on the report(ok you can type as many as you want, just dont want you to resummarize everything you typed earlier).
    Last edited by relmor2003; 03-11-2009 at 05:40 PM.

Guru
    03-11-2009, 05:48 PM #22
    relmar, I dont know why everyone is so pissed. Need I remind you Mel gave a estimate of 19.1 million by quarters end. It was everyone else that was expecting more. Mel missed by less then 100,000 thats not bad, then again you could say he was 50% off. The rest of the quarter was pretty good. I dont know what everyone was expecting. If they can carry the metrics to the next year it will be a pretty good one for them. Those savings from the merger are only going to grow as time gos on.

03-11-2009, 05:55 PM #23
    relmar, I dont know why everyone is so pissed. Need I remind you Mel gave a estimate of 19.1 million by quarters end. It was everyone else that was expecting more. Mel missed by less then 100,000 thats not bad, then again you could say he was 50% off. The rest of the quarter was pretty good. I dont know what everyone was expecting. If they can carry the metrics to the next year it will be a pretty good one for them. Those savings from the merger are only going to grow as time gos on.
    Wow....another reasonable voice! I agree with you John...but there seems to be alot of negative Nellies here now.

Guru
    03-11-2009, 06:06 PM #24
    asm610, Thats because they were all expecting way more subscriber then what the company said there would be. Their expectations were broken not the companies (by that much). Remember the thread were the title was something like "How Many Subscribers Do You Think They End The Quarter With". Go there and you will see why people are mad.

03-11-2009, 06:13 PM #25
    asm610, Thats because they were all expecting way more subscriber then what the company said there would be. Their expectations were broken not the companies (by that much). Remember the thread were the title was something like "How Many Subscribers Do You Think They End The Quarter With". Go there and you will see why people are mad.
    Anyone who didn't realize the huge gowth number predictions for the 4th quarter were off the table after what happened to the economy is nuckin futz! I think that Mel realized it was going to be tough back when he spoke in Nov(I think it was). If you ask me they did pretty well all things considered. They have nothing but opportunity now that the major debt issues are behind them! Don't like the dilution aspect.....but I can live with it. I also don't want to see status quo now with regard to subscriber growth...they need to get very pro-active. Hopefully Mel realizes that!

Enthusiast
    03-11-2009, 06:44 PM #26
    Caution: This comment contains negative content. This is purly speculative and is not intended to influence stock price.

Now that the legal department is taken care of...LOL
    Well...1Q is almost gone... From what Auto sales numbers have been announced, Sirius will see a drop in subscribers due the lousy numbers. As long as Auto's have double digit drop, Sirius will feel it!

On the bright side!! This can't last much longer. Cars fall apart! Based on Auto sales trends, the US had over 6M extra vehicles on the road prior to the last two years of downturn. It appears that the adjustment has been made, credit is becoming available and people are slowly starting to buy again.

IMHO Seeing .80 by year end is a possibility.

03-11-2009, 08:44 PM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by bababoooie View Post
    Caution: This comment contains negative content. This is purly speculative and is not intended to influence stock price.

Now that the legal department is taken care of...LOL
    Well...1Q is almost gone... From what Auto sales numbers have been announced, Sirius will see a drop in subscribers due the lousy numbers. As long as Auto's have double digit drop, Sirius will feel it!

On the bright side!! This can't last much longer. Cars fall apart! Based on Auto sales trends, the US had over 6M extra vehicles on the road prior to the last two years of downturn. It appears that the adjustment has been made, credit is becoming available and people are slowly starting to buy again.

IMHO Seeing .80 by year end is a possibility.
    Hope you are right bababooie! I am cautiously optimistic on cars....they will be bought...just not sure when. There is no doubt they need to look and think bigger picture for growth.

Page 3 of 3 123