Page 98 of 129 ... 488896979899100108 ...
    Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    03-12-2009, 07:56 PM #971
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper_Rick View Post
    Pre-Market is something I pay attention to every day when I'm determined to follow a predetermined plan and hold all steady. If I want to buy in or sell a percentage to hedge against SP loss - I watch premarket and see what the big guys are doing - I watch the level II's and I's - and try to follow the overall trend...

Once I see the big guys hit the boards in pre-market - if they are playing early - I look for HUGE buys or sells.....

I'm not nearly that technically smart as the rest in here - but I try to use my common sense and come up with a good plan before I do anything.... worst thing to do with SIRI is let your emotions affect your position.....

I'm not saying don't get angry when Mel and his band of merry clowns have a stupid day - that would make me a hypocrite... and I get angry at stupid real easy......

Just use your head and whatever you do - make your decision based on the risk you are willing to take. If you aren't willing to lose everything - find a safe security to trade and let it sit. SIRI is for those with Iron will and rock solid nerves... otherwise you'll lose your mind in a week. Just pay attention to the overall trends and listen to the experienced guys in here and you'll do fine....

I think I'm cracking the tequila guys... so if my typing is slurred - I'm in happy mode...
    One last note - if you let SIRI run its course - it COULD (big emphasis on COULD) yield big returns in a year or five.... it's all about patience... and waiting in spite of corporate stupidity....

Enthusiast
    03-12-2009, 07:56 PM #972
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    Not to me my friend..... always got your back.....
    Thanks Cos. I'm still a little giddy after today!

Enthusiast
    03-12-2009, 07:59 PM #973
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXMInvestor View Post
    Homer is WRONG!

Sirius XM Files $1B Mixed-Securities Shelf >SIRI

Mar 12, 2009 17:32:02 (ET)

DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

Sirius XM Radio Inc. (SIRI) on Thursday registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission to sell from time to time up to $1 billion of debt securities, preferred stock, depositary shares, common stock, warrants or purchase rights, stock purchase contracts and units.

The satellite radio company said it intends to use the net proceeds for working capital and general corporate purposes.
    No underwriters were listed in the filing.

Shares of the company closed Thursday at 19 cents, up 3 cents, or 19.63%.

-By Denise Jia, Dow Jones Newswires; 202-862-1359; denise.jia@dowjones.com

(END) Dow Jones Newswires

March 12, 2009 17:32 ET (21:32 GMT)
    Hmmm, not sure what to make of this and I have to leave for now. I'll have to research this later or mayber Homer will chime in with an answer. I saw $1BB in the filing, but it did not look like it was for a specific number of shares. We know that they are authorized to issue about 4B shares, but I think most of this would be reserved for Liberty's 40% stake. Maybe this filing is for the remaining portion of shares?

03-12-2009, 08:03 PM #974
    there is some undeniable dedication in this thread though.

Enthusiast
    03-12-2009, 08:05 PM #975
    They are just registering 1B in additional securities that they will use to execute the various aggrements made in the past few weeks.

On execution, you will know what securities were issued and to whom. That's when the dilution would take place or maybe not, depending on what the security is.

Far as I can figure from the paperwork.

Joined: Mar 2009 Location: On a cushy beach chair! Posts: 383
    03-12-2009, 08:08 PM #976
    Good Night All, Heres to a great day tomorrow,

Thanks again Para..Rick for your information

Enthusiast
    03-12-2009, 08:09 PM #977
    Quote Originally Posted by FoolNHisMoney View Post
    Hmmm, not sure what to make of this and I have to leave for now. I'll have to research this later or mayber Homer will chime in with an answer. I saw $1BB in the filing, but it did not look like it was for a specific number of shares. We know that they are authorized to issue about 4B shares, but I think most of this would be reserved for Liberty's 40% stake. Maybe this filing is for the remaining portion of shares?
    They are doing a crapload of bond swapping too......

03-12-2009, 08:21 PM #978
    This may have already been discussed but I just saw a trade for 66,312,212 shares at .194. Anyone know have any idea??? Trade took place at 16:57. Is this a settlement trade?
    Last edited by GTSViper; 03-12-2009 at 08:36 PM.

Mentor
    03-12-2009, 08:58 PM #979
    Quote Originally Posted by FoolNHisMoney View Post
    What am I, invisible? I'm beginning to feel like John!
    No, your right. I was wrong. Just sounded bad, and the timing was bad. I didnt have enough info from the first ETRADE post. I didnt panic though, I trusted the market holding that it was just housekeeping at that point.

Homer is right, and so is Foolandhismoney. They authorized 1 billion worth of new debt. They can sell anything, any asset class they have including their common stock, up to 1 billion, this will be used to handle what Homer mentioned, but far excedes what they needed to do it. If the sp already priced in full dulution as authorized by the stockholder meeting, the SP wont be affected until said debt or shares ,etc are issued, or it might not even then, as full dilution, with Mel at the helm, is already assumed.
    Last edited by relmor2003; 03-12-2009 at 09:17 PM.

Enthusiast
    03-12-2009, 10:42 PM #980
    This makes me wonder . . . and maybe this is a dumb question that was addressed before and I just missed it. But, is the Liberty deal for 40% of the company shares part of the 8BB authorized shares or in addition to the 8BB authorized shares? Given that they circumvented a shareholder vote to complete the deal, did they also in effect increase the authorized share count to 13.333BB (8BB/0.60)?