Page 13 of 129 ... 311121314152363113 ...
    Enthusiast
    03-09-2009, 09:28 PM #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    So let me get this straight. You bought 100 shares of SIRI for 14.30, and paid 9.99 in commission? Then seem very excited about having saved .70, by taking the stock down below its bid? OK.

You do realize that just to break even on that trade, the stock has to run up to .3428, after you factor in the 9.99 required to sell? Am I missing something here?
    Come on Mr Brandon,
    There is no honor in knocking out your baby sister. Some people just need to be 'happy'. Everyone can do the math. If you truly have 'Broker' skills, try to educate us, the unwashed masses. We'll apprecitate you.

Enthusiast
    03-09-2009, 09:46 PM #122
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusHope View Post
    Anyone on this board buying more today?
    Short on funds!

Isn't it always the case.

Enthusiast
    03-09-2009, 10:10 PM #123
    Quote Originally Posted by tucknroll View Post
    i'm still hangin....for something different, what's everyones feelings on the uptick rule, i for one think they should have never got rid of it, anyone else want to opin
    I agree, they will put it back in place soon.

Enthusiast
    03-09-2009, 10:29 PM #124
    Quote Originally Posted by RMAN View Post
    I agree, they will put it back in place soon.
    I have always liked your area of the USA. Very fond memory's of Niagra, Lock Port...., Restoring the 'Up Tic Rule" will be very difficult in my opinion until those in control so wish it. It would be going against 'big money'. By big money I mean the Rothchild's and many, many others. To a retail investor, such as myself, it simply does not matter. Be honest. HOw many trades have you been denied because of the "uptick rule" or lack thereof? But to the "masters of the universe" it is a tool that can be used to accumalate wealth. They will allow it to be re-established when they are ready.

Addict
    03-09-2009, 10:33 PM #125

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by dave99 View Post
    I think it will actually be the $250M debt that matures in May 2010. It is only 13 months away. That will be enough catalyst, and slanderous analyst reports, to keep the SP at .20 or lower the rest of the year, until the 50:1 R/S. I'm now believing JC was right announcing the stock was worthless. I'm still in at 55602 but not any hope left. You guys here are way to upbeat after continually being pounded time after time when good news goes nowhere. There is just something happening in the background that we don't see or understand.
    dave99...

Wow. Where do I start. This is passionate stuff and it's easy to want to rip a guy a new one for comments like yours. But I'm going to to try to be civil.

1. >>I think it will actually be the $250M debt that matures in May 2010. It is only 13 months away<<

My friend, you must be joking. Several of us already created you a while ago (months ago) and look, here you are. You just showed up in our reality. We knew some dufus would say exactly this. And for such, you are officially labeled a dummy. My goodness man. Go ahead, now smell your fingers.

2. Please just do us all a huge fav and dump and run. We beg you. For your sake and certainly for our sanity. You post this garbage and you're still holding? What? Why? I'm perplexed to the max at your type. I hope you'll take my advice and just ease on down the road..or at least go find another BB on which to write your strange comments...there I think I did a prety good job at keeping it together. peace bro.

Enthusiast
    03-09-2009, 10:54 PM #126

Mirage radio now available!

03-09-2009, 11:09 PM #127

Mirge is "kinda" available

To bad the XM store where you are redirected when click buy now errors out with:

Shop XM Radio has encountered an error. We apologize for the inconvenience - please try again in a few minutes.
    TypeError: Error #1009

Enthusiast
    03-09-2009, 11:13 PM #128
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusbird View Post
    To bad the XM store where you are redirected when click buy now errors out with:

Shop XM Radio has encountered an error. We apologize for the inconvenience - please try again in a few minutes.
    TypeError: Error #1009

I notice that now.

You would think before they put it up it would work.

Addict
    03-09-2009, 11:43 PM #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirestripper View Post
    It will be interesting. I think the retail investor listened to too many WSJ articles and are going to be kickign themselves very soon.(by Relmore)

There is little or no difference between the stock market and LasVegas. I still see SIRI like a machine that has been played out and not yet payed off.

That's how I play both Vegas and Wallstreet.
    wirestripper...

A little sump'm sump'm here. All with respect cause I think you know I appreciate you, your opinions and knowledge base..but whenever I see people make comparisons of the Street and Las Vegas as the same, I feel compelled to opine. I hope you'll endulge me for just a minute and let me explain why they are very different.

First, I get your potential comparison of slots to buying a stock, and "hoping" for a payoff. But in essence, there is a big difference (unless the buyer of stocks just randomly picks their equities without any due diligence or homework, and waiting for a random payoff then becomes the only way to make money). So there I agree they are nearly the same. I know we both agree that due diligence is how we all are supposed to be picking stocks in which to invest. That is a key difference. A slot machine is just pure luck and the continuous inane act of pulling of a lever. Meaning you need no smarts whatsoever. If you research a stock (know what you're looking at and assimlate the info), you have completed an act of actual intelligence. You have at once created a cogent strategy. Then you take your strategy to your board and make your buy (or short sell). Then after that buy, (or short sell) you also have a strategy of exiting in a timely manner to hopefully create a profit. IMHO, much more fun than any slot machine will ever be and also more erudite...and thus more personally satisfying. Now, that's for a slot machine.

If you go into the bigger gaming areas in LV, the differences become huge. Say you go to a blackjack table, or roulette, or craps, or the like. You go there with $5K. You lose your $5K. That's it you're done. Have a nice day. If you put your $5K in the market...unless you're in something highly volitile like SIRI LOL!, no way do you lose everything..and of what you do lose, you still have the chance to recoup through time. I think we'll also agree most losses in the market occur for two main reasons. 1. Impatience and 2. the bigger one, no strategy or plan. So I guess having said that, maybe I will backtrack a little and say, if one is fooling around in the market with said 1 & 2, then yes, exactly like Vegas and that person is going to lose their shoot either way. But, if one has a plan and patience, Vegas and the market are two very different animals IMVHO...

One quick note about SIRI and those of us that are invested, still invested, etc... There are some pretty sharp minds here that hang around SB, you included. And of those people, there are many different reasons for sticking with this stock..none of which involve stupidity as some try to insinuate. Much of the time it is for some personal reason...that we believe in this company, this product, or just feel like we want a specific kind of reconciliation from losses incurred. Believe it or not, I'm not even mad at my losses anymore. Strange I know. But now that we have much more to the puzzle, I feel a certain calm knowing hanging around a while longer is the right thing to do. Will I hang forever? No. I have a plan and will execute that plan. But in doing so, I'm comfortable letting Mel and Co. execute their plan..to finish a job started..which I fully believe will flow into my plan in the right time. I think SIRI is a special stock and special company. I don't know, they just make you believe. Which is what led to me deviating from my general investing (stop-loss oriented) market strategy in the first place. I'll NEVER allow such a thing to happen again, but considering it has this time, I'm happy it's SIRI. I love defending this company from all the villians who try to knock it down day in, day out..week in, week out. Anyway. Sorry. Just a tangent that bubbled to the top. Well, have a good one..

Enthusiast
    03-10-2009, 12:03 AM #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    So let me get this straight. You bought 100 shares of SIRI for 14.30, and paid 9.99 in commission? Then seem very excited about having saved .70, by taking the stock down below its bid? OK.

You do realize that just to break even on that trade, the stock has to run up to .3428, after you factor in the 9.99 required to sell? Am I missing something here?
    It took you 13 hours to come up with this, Brandon?? LOL

I would have thought picking on a newbie stock investor was beneath an accomplished journalist such as yourself. It was a buy of 3,300 shares. Like I said, I placed my limit buy order this morning at $.15 (which was above the .145 Friday close), but, I kinda lucked out. Oh, maybe that's beginners luck. Whatever. Have a nice night.