Page 39 of 129 ... 2937383940414989 ...
    03-10-2009, 08:14 PM #381
    once folks put together that their were positive net subs, positive fcf, and that the $380M COH didn't disappear, they will overlook the miss of (.08) vs (.07) / sh and a whisper of (.06). In this economy some sins can be forgiven and they will quickly want to focus on Q1 and New Programs for revenue to combat the downside risk from the OEM channel.. They did just Restructure all of that debt and a string of good news announcements moving forward need to start to be generated hear... we'll just have to wait and see, but I think getting this out sooner than later is a good thing.... why torture everyone through the weekend.... I also think they might of had to release it because Maffei said 19M subs in his interview on CNBC....

Enthusiast
    03-10-2009, 08:16 PM #382
    Quote Originally Posted by sl62 View Post
    Oh, it's a strategy alright. This kind of thing can backfire though. The Street usually penalizes these suprise attacks cuase they usualy mean one thing: "we missed." But Mel and Co. have spun their numbers pretty well and at the end of AH MM's hooked some buyers. Now the question will be was that a MM play or the real thing. we'll know tomorrow..
    Agreed! Their sneaky. That last 10 minute runup looked a lot like someone setting up bowling pins. Pre market could get interesting. I don't think I'll pull the trigger to buy back in untill I see what happens a little bit into regular market.

Addict
    03-10-2009, 08:17 PM #383
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    I'm showing a bid at .157 for 52K sh and an ask at .158 of 28K sh.... not a bad sign...
    cos1000...

That's what I had just before 8P at the close. Let's see what Pre brings. I sold 50% @ .1501 to hedge this one. I feel like if the spin wins the day and we hit a little pop up to .20, I'm sure there will be some MM shakeout back down to like .16 sometime after the open as they try to trap new money--when I would jump back in on my 50%. Then hey maybe we can head higher. Maybe this is the beginning of something new. Meanwhile I just took my .11 profits. I'm satisfied. Onward and upward. Until tomorrow gents..

03-10-2009, 08:18 PM #384
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    damn u beat me to it cos

........... its all good....

Addict
    03-10-2009, 08:19 PM #385
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Child View Post
    You all caught this right?

Save your pie. I'll be having the Rib eye with all the money I'm gonna make on Siri.
    I missed that LOL...Brandon sold his whole enchilada??

03-10-2009, 08:24 PM #386
    Quote Originally Posted by sl62 View Post
    cos1000...

That's what I had just before 8P at the close. Let's see what Pre brings. I sold 50% @ .1501 to hedge this one. I feel like if the spin wins the day and we hit a little pop up to .20, I'm sure there will be some MM shakeout back down to like .16 sometime after the open as they try to trap new money--when I would jump back in on my 50%. Then hey maybe we can head higher. Maybe this is the beginning of something new. Meanwhile I just took my .11 profits. I'm satisfied. Onward and upward. Until tomorrow gents..

You got to play it the way it feels...... good luck with your trade... For me I am just going to hang on for a bit here... with all the hurdles mostly jumped I can wait.... That Friday I sold.... on the delay... it was mostly shares added in single digits .... I actually took some out and bought some shippers at the S & P and DOW lows the other day and they are doing well right now so I'm going to ride my SXM position out through this.....

Addict
    03-10-2009, 08:24 PM #387
    Quote Originally Posted by OldDruid View Post
    Agreed! Their sneaky. That last 10 minute runup looked a lot like someone setting up bowling pins. Pre market could get interesting. I don't think I'll pull the trigger to buy back in untill I see what happens a little bit into regular market.
    Not a bad stategy Old Druid...

I really hope the SP moves the range up from here. Frankley, I've had more than enough of .13/.14! I'd love to see us in the .20's and ranging...I wouldn't turn down more to be sure!!

03-10-2009, 08:30 PM #388
    guys,

i gotta tell you its nice to have such intelligent, thoughtful talent out there on which to rely for great feedback and advice. to all the regulars...thank you. i take a little pride in gathering my own info, processing what I read out here, and making my own decisions, but there is always the self doubt in play and that's when this board really comes in handy. you get all different opinions to either question your own, or gain additional confidence in what you are doing. i really appreciate all of you and the honest effort to help each other.

i believe in this company, more than the stock, but someday the 2 will come together and i plan to be there. there are still many obstacles to overcome before siri moves up to the levels we all hope for. will be several quarters at least before internet revenue stream produce so for now we are still tied to oem/auto and that means we languish for a while. but i'm looking for us to get to .25 as a new base by june/july. doesn't sound like much when many of us longs are in much higher, but it almost double where we are today and that's what matters.

good luck to all tomorrow...might be a nice little pop in pre and opening bell, but don't get greedy. we still have plenty of challenges ahead before the "big" move...

Joined: Mar 2009 Location: On a cushy beach chair! Posts: 383
    03-10-2009, 08:30 PM #389
    Good Night All,
    Time to spend some time with my family, I have chewed the last of my tums.
    Heres hoping for a up ride tomorow.

Addict
    03-10-2009, 08:31 PM #390
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    You got to play it the way it feels...... good luck with your trade... For me I am just going to hang on for a bit here... with all the hurdles mostly jumped I can wait.... That Friday I sold.... on the delay... it was mostly shares added in single digits .... I actually took some out and bought some shippers at the S & P and DOW lows the other day and they are doing well right now so I'm going to ride my SXM position out through this.....
    cos1000...

Good on ya. I'm still a little leary from Q3. I rode through that one and got burned. And there they even beat. Of course the debt deal was not in that mix and the meeting/proxy were still up ahead. We'll see. Feb B SI is back up a bit too. MM's won't give us anything on a silver platter so I'm sure there will be more than one surprise for day traders tomorrow. I may just day trade this pop if support looks good.