Page 31 of 129 ... 2129303132334181 ...
    Guru
    03-10-2009, 06:26 PM #301
    i think you guys are making a mistake.

Enthusiast
    03-10-2009, 06:27 PM #302
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXM - Jason View Post
    What were you guys expecting during one of the worst quarters of the market's history? Now we have clarity on where we stand. 82K net sub adds, not that bad churn at 1.8%, and did you see the savings down the entire expense line?

My only concern is the $200M in "Other Expenses" - wonder what that was.

I would have to think that expenses and synergies have improved even further since last quarter given the close call we had with the funding issues we experienced these past few weeks.

Who knows what happens until the CC when I hope to see some updated and detailed foward guidance but SIRI is a buy at these levels.
    In all honesty. I expect nothing. I HOPE the company does well, I use the marine service. As I said back in 02/17 and others have reinforced, to buy and hold, in this market conditions, can get you slaughtered. I have never had success with buy and hold. I rode rite aid into the ground, and the CEO of Health South, MR. Richard S. literally waxed my bottom. So I prefer to maintain a position, yet be flexible enough to buy and sell on dips and pops.
    Last edited by OldDruid; 03-10-2009 at 06:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Addict
    03-10-2009, 06:27 PM #303
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    why in gods name should we stay at this bk price? THIS IS A BK PRICE! well i hope u are happy giving away your shares for next to nothing. now u can sit back and pray the price goes down like all the haters do.
    tripping...

No hater here. This is my first sale even through the two .25 preM pops...not hating, I hope I'm wrong and the SP soars on a technicality. I'm just getting a little bit more procactive. I still own 25K shares...so I'm good. My belief in the company is no less..

Enthusiast
    03-10-2009, 06:29 PM #304
    I wanted to sell off some of my position, but I have no clue how to do it. And so, it looks like I'll be holding onto my shares for the battle royale that is sure to come tomorrow.

For those of you that are holding like me, GOOD LUCK TOMORROW... I think we are going to take a beating... let's hope for a miracle.

Guru
    03-10-2009, 06:29 PM #305
    its just nuts that they can keep it this low, i think they are only doing it to get people to sell so the brokers can get more shares back in their own hands before they bring it up when no one is looking. Did u guys listen to maffei?

Addict
    03-10-2009, 06:30 PM #306
    Quote Originally Posted by OldDruid View Post
    In all honesty. I expect nothing. I HOPE the company does well, I use the marine service. As I said back in 02/17 and others have reinforced, to buy and hold, in this market conditions, can get you slaughtered. I have never had sauces with buy and hold. I rode rite aid into the ground, and the CEO of Health South, MR. Richard S. literally waxed my bottom. So I prefer to maintain a position, yet be flexible enough to buy and sell on dips and pops.
    Old Druid...

Health South here too..still

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    03-10-2009, 06:33 PM #307
    i think you guys are making a mistake.
    I'm with you tripps - and besides - this thing could go either way....

I'm personally not going to fault anyone for being cautious - but I wouldn't recommend doing more than selling off a 50% or smaller block.

I'm holding for now - until I see something definitive to convince me otherwise... We'll just need to watch things closely like we always do. You are right... this thing IS still priced for BK - it's just a matter of time...

Alot of people have really lost the stomach lately for holding steady ... if you want an example - check out HGSI - they just dropped HUGE yesterday on some mediocre news and if you look at their numbers - they really aren't that bad off - and that seems to be happening all over in the markets now...

03-10-2009, 06:35 PM #308

SHAME on you three

COS ,relmar, sl62 our so called leaders. What positive message could you be sending?You are all rooting for the stock to fall!!!!

Addict
    03-10-2009, 06:36 PM #309
    its just nuts that they can keep it this low, i think they are only doing it to get people to sell so the brokers can get more shares back in their own hands before they bring it up when no one is looking. Did u guys listen to maffei?
    tripping...

I totally did. Look at all my posts up there. Great stuff and my opinion on this company's future is unwaivered. Thme releasing this today though JUST AFTER that grat interview is a no no. If all is equal they will get spanked for this. I dn't know why companies try to get away with such things. It only makes the Street mad and it turns out worse. I hear you on the SP price. Not quite BK but BK-esque. BK pricing = CHTR. But yeah, hence the SI increase up to 170M. They got back in and decided to wait. It might not be as bad as before deal consummated..let's see.

Addict
    03-10-2009, 06:39 PM #310
    Quote Originally Posted by SIRI4LIFE View Post
    COS ,relmar, sl62 our so called leaders. What positive message could you be sending?You are all rooting for the stock to fall!!!!
    Guys...I will say this one more time! I do not WANT nor will ROOT for this SP to fall. I still own 50% of my holding and a sizeable one at that. So chill...I want this SP to go up..in which case Iwill continue to profit. ONLY IF it goes down, I will rebuy. that simple...