Page 55 of 129 ... 545535455565765105 ...
    Enthusiast
    03-11-2009, 06:33 PM #541
    Cos............... hope your day was a good one. Held today......... will hope to trade a bunch........ bought at .13 .16 and .25 tomorrow for a nice profit and averaging down a bunch. The shares at .25 might be tough, will keep the fingers crossed. The Dog and I , held to the original high ground position last monday morning. The lowlands were crawling with enemy scouts. STOP. Are waiting for an opening. STOP. The Dog is ready to run, and is awaiting last minute tactical strategy from all Battle Commanders. STOP. I repeat ................ the Blue Dog is ready to run. STOP. .. NO FEAR. ..killer.

03-11-2009, 07:05 PM #542
    Quote Originally Posted by killerkaul View Post
    Cos............... hope your day was a good one. Held today......... will hope to trade a bunch........ bought at .13 .16 and .25 tomorrow for a nice profit and averaging down a bunch. The shares at .25 might be tough, will keep the fingers crossed. The Dog and I , held to the original high ground position last monday morning. The lowlands were crawling with enemy scouts. STOP. Are waiting for an opening. STOP. The Dog is ready to run, and is awaiting last minute tactical strategy from all Battle Commanders. STOP. I repeat ................ the Blue Dog is ready to run. STOP. .. NO FEAR. ..killer.
    Killer.... as always got your message........... Shoulder to Shoulder..... my friend.... when the negative on the extension didn't play out.... I got all in with what I didn't diversify with... I did take a third to invest in keeping supply lines open with my now favorite shippers, NM and DSX, which were at all time lows along with everything else.... I have NO Fear that the enemy is weakening in his position and fresh meat for the Dog is at hand..... With this knowledge I am holding strong.... The propaganda is trying to use Q1 now as the next battle to retreat from and give up all hope.... these tactics will not succeed... I will wait for us to enter the twenties before repositioning the cannons.... I see good news of additional revenue streams on the way..... Good luck with your trades and yield to no one.....

Enthusiast
    03-11-2009, 07:30 PM #543
    Quote Originally Posted by cos1000 View Post
    Killer.... as always got your message........... Shoulder to Shoulder..... my friend.... when the negative on the extension didn't play out.... I got all in with what I didn't diversify with... I did take a third to invest in keeping supply lines open with my now favorite shippers, NM and DSX, which were at all time lows along with everything else.... I have NO Fear that the enemy is weakening in his position and fresh meat for the Dog is at hand..... With this knowledge I am holding strong.... The propaganda is trying to use Q1 now as the next battle to retreat from and give up all hope.... these tactics will not succeed... I will wait for us to enter the twenties before repositioning the cannons.... I see good news of additional revenue streams on the way..... Good luck with your trades and yield to no one.....
    Cos..
    Does dsx pay a dividend? On one source it list div as 3.31, and the other as 'none'. Thanks

Addict
    03-11-2009, 07:41 PM #544

Thumbs up

Guys...

A post of mine from another thread today (there are soo many going at once!)..

>>But I digress. I came back in today to see a nice hold as this morning seemed to set up. I bought back 10K sh this morning at .1510 on the takedown which held up nicely. I will wait and see tommorow what happens in the CC for the rest of my hedge sale yesterday. But I was impressed with what I see from today's action. Yes SIRI missed the Street but many of their metrics were very impressive Y/Y. Though not an apples to apples comparison, it gives the appearance of growth. But it was clear they were given the benefit of the doubt on this one--which happens sometimes. Now comes the guidance..esp so close to EOQ. Mel will be able to tell analysts how Q1 is since it's nearly over. As as Mel delivering, I think he will. I was more impressed with him and Frears in Q3 CC. I think they are coming around and now with Maffei and Malone in the picture, I think he gives his best performance ever. It's no longer just him. He doesn't feel the need to answer to us shareholders, but he certainly now answers to them.

>>I have to say, I no way believe this SP goes back down to .13 from here. It would have happened today..which is why I hedged yesterday. The SP here is too low for a company not facing BK issues. I think we continue to climb back up (albeit slowly) just as we crept down, heading toward the right correction (which the market will decide how high that is). This because the debt deal has yet to be repriced into the stock. I think smart money was just waiting to to find out things aren't a disaster in the company otherwise..and tomorrow will complete that mission. Tomorrow's guidance will have to be a disaster to take the SP out back. In that absence I look for maybe another penny into the .16's/.17. Then I think we see .25 before .12. Todays action was too bullish (or not bearish..or at least stable). I see this thing heading higher because of underlying debt deal not yet done pricing in. I looked at a 6 month chart just a while ago. I suggest all do. It's clear to see how this behemoth is turning around and coming back up. Tomorrow we'll know more...good luck on your trades... <<

I think we have to remember that this SP is this low because of BK not bad Q's. As I mentioned in the above post, short of some disaster and in addition to proof of stable metrics in the short-term, I see the debt deal correction as the continued main focus of the SP and thus causing a further climb back to realistic levels. I say mid .20's for very near-term with a trend of higher. How high, the market will decide that. Surviving today was telling. Tomorrow Mel gets to tout all the positives of the Liberty relationship (including new potential direct access to the Liberty holding's sub base). Jeez, how can anyone mess this one up!!?? I see it going well.

Enthusiast
    03-11-2009, 07:43 PM #545
    Quote Originally Posted by OldDruid View Post
    Cos..
    Does dsx pay a dividend? On one source it list div as 3.31, and the other as 'none'. Thanks
    They have suspended their dividend payments for now, I believe.

Enthusiast
    03-11-2009, 07:49 PM #546
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius_Long_Hauler View Post
    They have suspended their dividend payments for now, I believe.
    Thanks! Iv'e had them, and NM on a watch list since back reading some of the SA post circa mid 2008. Even if I never buy in, they should be a good indicator of a begining of global turnaround.

Enthusiast
    03-11-2009, 08:09 PM #547
    Cos................ yes, an SP in the 20's would be nice, closer to 30 would heal me up nicely. As always.......... the advice of my most trusted friend, and battle commander will be taken most seriously. The Blue Dog relies heavily on your battle knowledge and experience, as it has served us well on the many previous battlefields in this............ very long campaign. Without it we would surely have faltered, or failed long long ago................................ Thank You. ... killer ......... keeper of the Dog.

03-11-2009, 08:14 PM #548
    Quote Originally Posted by OldDruid View Post
    Thanks! Iv'e had them, and NM on a watch list since back reading some of the SA post circa mid 2008. Even if I never buy in, they should be a good indicator of a begining of global turnaround.
    OldDruid, DSX has suspended its dividend and has been floating between $10 and change and $15 and change since...
    John, 888's, watch it over time and now is its historical entry point through the end of July and definitely get out in August. This company has little debt and a very well company with experienced management and a relatively young fleet and longer term charter contracts. Their dividend supspension help their COH and ability to take advantage of Ivestment opportunities in the future... It's nice to watch a low debt company maneuver through these tough economic times.... NM is an easier entry point with relatively low debt, they still have a .06 / qtr dividend I think , and they canceled some ships to conserve cash, but operate a port, maybe two, to aid in their transport position.... They both will turn before the economy does and are early indicators and a point of diversification for me.. while I wait for clearer direction. They move with market pops and you can trade them both....
    Last edited by cos1000; 03-11-2009 at 08:18 PM.

Enthusiast
    03-11-2009, 08:18 PM #549
    sl62............ great post. Can always count on you to deliver. Thank you. ... killler

03-11-2009, 08:21 PM #550
    Quote Originally Posted by killerkaul View Post
    Cos................ yes, an SP in the 20's would be nice, closer to 30 would heal me up nicely. As always.......... the advice of my most trusted friend, and battle commander will be taken most seriously. The Blue Dog relies heavily on your battle knowledge and experience, as it has served us well on the many previous battlefields in this............ very long campaign. Without it we would surely have faltered, or failed long long ago................................ Thank You. ... killer ......... keeper of the Dog.
    I sure hope we get to Smoke some of those fine Cuban Ceegaars soon, while sipping on some whiskey ..... Spring (snow less than two feet) is just around the corner...... Hang tuff.....