Page 124 of 129 ... 2474114122123124125126 ...
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1283
    Mentor
    03-13-2009, 09:25 PM #1231

03-13-2009, 09:45 PM #1232

Service

Hi, Many people do not know this. Every American male citizen or person declaring their intent to become a citizen between 17-45 is in the unorganized militia. The exceptions are members of the armed forces on active duty or in organized reserves or national guard. Certain other people are exempt because of profession. And of course many would be disqualified if the unorganized militia was ever called up and organized. It is this law that allows for the draft when required.

All our strategic plans in the event of major conflicts use the unorganized militia strength with a suitable period for training before transition to combat. So everyone has served whether they know it or not. If we need you we know where to find you.
    Last edited by mogami; 03-13-2009 at 09:50 PM.

Mentor
    03-13-2009, 09:50 PM #1233
    Quote Originally Posted by mogami View Post
    Hi, Many people do not know this. Every American male between 17-45 is in the unorganized milita. The exceptions are members of the armed forces on active duty or in organized reserves or national guard. Certain other people are exempt because of profession. And of course many would be disqualifed if the unorganized milita was ever called up and organized. It is this law that allows for the draft when required.
    Its socially, culturally, and morally irresponsible to mandate a person fight for lies. If your going to ask a man to kill or be killed, youd best tell me the whole story. Otherwise, forget it. Ill decide if the cause is worth it. Therefore, I could never condone a draft.

Mentor
    03-13-2009, 10:07 PM #1234
    Terrestrial be hurting.........

http://www.mediapost.com/publication...art_aid=102139

Impaired: 3 Radio Groups Report Rev Declines
    by Erik Sass

Three midsized radio groups reported declines in their fourth-quarter revenues, reflecting the effects of a steep economic downturn and a secular decline in radio ad spending.
    Salem Communications, Beasley Broadcast Group and Fisher Communications all reported substantial impairment charges, reflecting the industry-wide decline in value of radio assets. The weak fourth-quarter results follow bad news from other big radio companies, including credit downgrades and threats of bankruptcy in the coming year.

Among the radio groups reporting revenues last week, Salem Communications reported the smallest percentage decline, with total revenues dropping 6.3% in the fourth quarter of 2008 compared to 2007, from $58.5 million to $54.8 million. For the full year, total revenues slipped 3.6% to $220.7 million. In the fourth quarter, Salem absorbed a $52.7 million impairment charge reflecting losses in goodwill and asset value.

Also last week, Beasley Broadcast Group said its fourth-quarter revenues fell 12.9% in 2008 compared to 2007, from $35 million to $30.5 million. For the full year, revenues slumped 9.3% from 2007-2008, from $133.9 million to $121.4 million.

Like Salem, Beasley took a big impairment charge in the fourth quarter of $62.5 million. The company also said it will cut costs by laying off 7% of its employees and cutting salaries by 5%. At Fisher Communications, which owns TV stations and a somewhat smaller portfolio of radio stations, radio revenues fell 18.3% to $6.6 million. The company also reported a $78.2 million impairment charge.

Last week, Salem was listed on Moody's "Bottom Rung," a list of companies considered to be most at risk of defaulting on their debts, along with Citadel, Cumulus, Emmis, and Radio One. This follows the near-bankruptcy of Sirius-XM, the satellite broadcaster, and repeated credit downgrades for other terrestrial broadcasters.

In late February, Standard & Poor's downgraded the credit rating of CC Media Holdings, the company formed by private-equity firms to take Clear Channel Communications private, lowering its credit rating from a B to a B-. The decision was motivated by growing concern that the holding company might not be able to keep up with payments on nearly $18 billion in debt assumed in the deal to take the company private last year.

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    03-13-2009, 10:23 PM #1235
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    I have TD Ameritrade. Not sure what you've discovered so far. Go to trading tools and then click trading platforms...then launch command center 2.0...

You can customize it anyway you want. You will want to use quotescope and charts for sure. If you click on the little blue Q (looks like a nasdaq Q) at the top of a chart, it will give you access to a very nice trading tool. Its blank now but when the markets open it gives you instant recon on every move Charlie as well as us make! You can tell how many shares are being bid, whos doing the bidding and at what price...
    Yep - thanks for the info - as always - trying to get a leg up on the enemy...

I'm pretty impressed with it so far - we'll see how it performs in the heat of battle......

Have a migraine... will check the boards again through the weekend...

Enthusiast
    03-14-2009, 02:14 PM #1236
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundevil View Post
    I haven't seen .20 yet.... $0.1990 with about 6 million shares available @$0.200.. I think if we hit .20 it will be short lived. I hope I am wrong.
    This Level II website is cool..

http://www.level2stockquotes.com/level-ii-quotes.html
    You're welcome, Sundevil. Good luck.

03-14-2009, 03:30 PM #1237

One More New Subscriber!

I was in line at Walmart this morning and the guy in front of me had a new XM radio in his cart. I struck up a conversation with him and asked if he already had a satellite radio. He said "No, I have just heard various news bites this past week and thought I would give it a try". One new customer down - 10,000,000 more to go!

Enthusiast
    03-14-2009, 03:37 PM #1238
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmaverick View Post
    I was in line at Walmart this morning and the guy in front of me had a new XM radio in his cart. I struck up a conversation with him and asked if he already had a satellite radio. He said "No, I have just heard various news bites this past week and thought I would give it a try". One new customer down - 10,000,000 more to go!

LOL!!

I have had XM (built in my car) for a while now and I recently bought my wife the Stiletto 2. Once I installed the car kit for her, I wanted to call-in the subscription as opposed to doing it online becuase I had a few questions about my XM sub and if I get 2 sub rate. I was in hold literally a half and hour....Keep in mind that I pressed the "press 2 for new subscriptions" on my phone. I literally could not GIVE the company my money. I ended up hanging up and doing it online. I hope that was a fluke......It made me want to sell (though I didn't) my freakin' shares. I love the product, but I have heard some bad things about the customer service. I hope they address that.....Sorry, just needed to vent.

Guru
    03-14-2009, 04:17 PM #1239
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmaverick View Post
    thanks for the info

its the new age of advertising...don't tell anyone...wait until they hear such little about it that they can't stand to not have it any more...(im being a little serious here too )

Addict
    03-14-2009, 05:09 PM #1240
    What's everyone's take on the resistance at .20 and what is causing it. It seems like .19 has the big block buy limit orders and .20 has the big block sells ?