Page 3 of 3 123
    03-09-2009, 08:34 PM #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirestripper View Post
    Yeah, I know what he said....."A contract is a contract.....etc...."

But that's not what happens in a BK court. All contracts are null and void and renegotiated on a need priority basis. Everything changes and nothing changes as it depends on the bean counters.

If there were a structured BK, as has been put forth by many, including myself, Siri's contracts could all be tossed. There are all sorts of in between things that could happen. The judge could decide the deal is good for GM and keep it. Or not.

The point is, SIRI would not instigate anything. It would be done by the court receivers. They would have the ball and they could end it, or force compliance.Unless the contract is violated on GM's side.

All moot, because Pelosi, Dodd and Mr. O will not let the union be damaged. No matter how much it costs taxpayers in the end.

I am currently stocking food and ammo.........

IMHO

just sayin.........

I think Sirius is just happy to have their foot in the door and doesn't want to jeopardize getting cut out of the pie. Gov wanting GM etc. to restructure and be profitable. One less component in the vehicle less cost. Let me digress. Once upon a time there were two television satellite companies. One allowed their own system to be compromised therefore it would be in millions of more homes than the other even if it was for free (pirated). Said company than locked their security tighter than a drum. What company do you think most of those people purchased from when there was no more free tv? Just an analogy regarding the free subscription for SIRI/XM on the importance of getting your foot in the door.

disclaimer: the above TV satellite operators are completely hypothetical in the conversation and I am sure no company would ever do anything of the sort. Bet you wished you had thought of it Charlie E!
    Last edited by Joeboo1; 03-09-2009 at 08:53 PM.

03-09-2009, 08:45 PM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Keysmark View Post
    My question is: If GM declares BK, is then the contract SIRI has null and
    void, thus enabling SIRI to renegotiate more favorable term?

What better terms could you negotiate? If GM files bankruptcy do you think we could get a better deal? It would be a failing company if anything we would have to placate them just to stay in the game.

Page 3 of 3 123