03-08-2009, 06:33 PM #1

Question Do we have Tivo-like (play while recording) audio tuner yet?

Do we have Tivo-like (play while recording) audio tuner yet?

More background here:
    http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=91060

I'm hoping to get the perspective of original-Sirius listeners.

Banned
    03-08-2009, 07:02 PM #2
    Yes...Sirius radios have this feature...

03-08-2009, 07:10 PM #3
    Thanks for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Matthews View Post
    Yes...Sirius radios have this feature...
    Which radios? Can someone provide specific models?

And are you sure they can *play* a recording from it's beginning (in the "past") while said recording is concurrently being recorded (in the "present")?

Banned
    03-08-2009, 08:41 PM #4
    SIRIUS Stiletto 2 - SIRIUS Replay™ : pause, rewind and replay up to 60 minutes of live radio

SIRIUS Stiletto - SIRIUS Replay™—Pause, rewind and replay 44 minutes of live radio

SIRIUS Starmate 5 - SIRIUS Replay™: Pause, rewind and replay up to 44 minutes of live radio

SIRIUS Starmate - SIRIUS Replay-Pause, rewind and replay 44 minutes of live radio

SIRIUS Sportster 5 - # SIRIUS Replay™ : pause, rewind and replay up to 60 minutes of live radio

SIRIUS Starmate 4 - SIRIUS Replay-Pause, rewind and replay 44 minutes of live radio

SIRIUS Sportster 4 - Replay Features-Pause, rewind and play 44 minutes of your favorite SIRIUS broadcasts.

http://www.tss-radio.com/for-the-car...3_242_292.html

As for if I'm sure...I have a sportster replay, and yes....I'm sure.

03-08-2009, 09:47 PM #5
    Thanks Brandon.

But I sort of need to press here, because the descriptions I see match the several XM radios which appear to do the same thing.

I'm skeptical about playback of a *recording* (not just live radio). eg, the Pioneer Inno, the XMp3, etc can record audio for later playback (I suspect some Sirius players can do the same thing). However, if I start recording a show (let's say it's a Cubs baseball game), I have to let the entire recording finish (specifically the baseball game to end, which is hard to predict an end time) before I can start playing/listening to the recording.

Are you saying all your referenced players can both record channels (with 50+ hours record time) for later playback and also can start playing back any recording prior to the recording finishing (a la a recorded TV show in Tivo)?

This is very different than simply "time traveling" through live radio. I see lots of players that can do that. Would be really cool if all the aforementioned Sirius players do the above.
    Last edited by mattengland; 03-09-2009 at 10:29 AM.

Banned
    03-09-2009, 08:08 AM #6
    Not sure if this is what you are looking for. Call the guys at TSS Radio and ask..

http://www.tss-radio.com/sirius-stil...k1-p-5561.html