Banned
    03-08-2009, 12:27 PM #1

Sirius XM Bankrupts Nicemac

Lost in Space, StarPlayr Retires from Satellite Radio
    Written by NiceMac
    Sunday, 08 March 2009 04:01
    To all of our fans and customers:

NiceMac has decided it is in our best interests to discontinue the StarPlayr project. NiceMac will be issuing refunds for purchasers of StarPlayr for Windows Mobile on a first come first serve basis until corporate funds have been exhausted.

To request a refund simply copy and paste your StarPlayr for Windows Mobile PayPal receipt via the Contact us Email form.

We would all like to thank you for your support, kind words, understanding and patience throughout. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
    The NiceMac Team

p.s.

This has been the greatest privilege and honor working with this fantastic NiceMac team. Never in my wildest dreams we would have accomplished so much together. In my book, you are all heroes. Good luck in your future endeavors and enjoy the success in everything you do. I hold your programming abilities and entrepreniual spirit to the highest regard. It is with much sadness to let this project go. You may be asking yourself why and the answer is there simply weren't enough bottles of super glue to put our starship back together. Sincerely, goodtime
    Last Updated on Sunday, 08 March 2009 05:54

Enthusiast
    03-08-2009, 02:26 PM #2
    right now Apple is really doing bad things with the Apple App store

"iPhone development sounds closed-shop but simple — apply to be a developer, put application on the App Store, you and Apple make money. Except Apple can't keep up with the request load — whereas getting a developer contract used to take a couple of days, it's now taking months. Some early developers' contracts are expiring with no notice of renewal options. And Apple has no idea what's going on or the state of things. If you want to maintain a completely closed system, it helps if you can actually keep up with it."

http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?...56247&from=rss

03-08-2009, 09:06 PM #3
    Demon, that may be true but it doesn't have anything to do with why the uSirius application was blocked. I am not sure if you are suggesting that or not but, I want others to be clear about the fact that this has had nothing to do with Apple.

Enthusiast
    03-08-2009, 10:00 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    Demon, that may be true but it doesn't have anything to do with why the uSirius application was blocked. I am not sure if you are suggesting that or not but, I want others to be clear about the fact that this has had nothing to do with Apple.

Apple Rejects, Apple puts in contracts that you can't even devolve why you were rejected. South Park was Rejected from having a application in the Apple Store. Apple rejected A Podcasting Application, Apple rejects a email application, Apple rejects something that adds Cut and Paste on the iPhone. What I'm saying is were all basing this on Rumors.

Notes

- Apple Won't Let You Pre-Approve Applications (Where you can get apple's approval on Concept, you have to make it and loose the time and money from working)
    - If I remember right, didn't Nicemac said before they had legal issues with the iPhone edition and had to wait till they were settled last year

So assuming Sirius Gave Approval to have StarPlayer as a client

1) APPLE rejects it on the basis it could have explicit content (Reason Why South Park Studios Couldn't add there program (There is no Parental Controls on the App Store Non-Game Section))

2) ATT Rejects it (Wouldn't be the first time ATT asks for not having a application)

3) Apple didn't feel it was safe to have a Paid program from a 3rd party when there is a free one coming.

I'm just saying, Why Blame Sirius For bankrupting the company now, when they could of done it months ago, when they made the Windows Client with Ad's, or making the shareware Streaming clients, Sirius Didn't.

I know Developers who went out of business because there first iPhone application got rejected for a trivial reason

Banned
    03-08-2009, 10:24 PM #5

Enthusiast
    03-09-2009, 06:56 PM #6
    It doesn't do either Apple or Sirius any good to do this. I was going to buy an iPhone but am going to put it off until, or if, there is a sirius app that gets a decent review.