03-03-2009, 06:04 PM #1

Sirius Needs to Hire Steve Jones & Jonesys' Jukebox!

Fire Oprah! Steve Jones(Sex Pistols) is available. Another radio station, Indie 103.1 in Los Angeles, has gone under. Steve Jones' personality and show had a loyal following. He is wildly respected, funny, witty, and plays the best music, mostly rock. His guest stars, friends, musicians, etc. run the gamut. His stories are great!
    If Mel misses this opportunity to increase the subscriber base, then he is not high enough!

Does anybody know what I'm talking about? He was local, but he would be a hit national. No brainer. He has been doing Jonesys' Jukebox here from noon to 2pm here for over 5 years. Hire this talent NOW Mel!

03-04-2009, 01:41 PM #2

I Actually Got A Response Back! Additional Thought....

Thank you Shirley.

I did have an additional thought. As a long-time Sirius listener, I've noticed that Sirius is mainly East-coast-centric. What I don't see is a heavy-weight representative here in Southern Caif. The offices of Sirius in Manhattan is located where talent can drop in and promote, perform etc. I would encourage Mel K. etal, to look at the potential Steve Jones has of being an anchor here in LA, at a reasonable cost, for bringing LA-centric talent into the Sirius universe. I feel this aspect of a national radio service is sorely needed, and Steve Jones is effortless in drawing musicians,actors, etc. to his show. One would think he is just a Punk, but he is really an elder statesman ("the Sire of Wilshire") for pop/rock culture. He loves all Rock n Roll! I'm just a shareholder/fan who has never met the guy, but I hear Radio Gold and see an area(LA) ; that Sirius needs to represent for a good price. Sincerely, David Rushing.
    On Mar 4, 2009, at 6:20 AM, Investor Relations wrote:

Dear David:

We value our shareholder comments. Your programming feedback has been shared with SIRIUS XM management.

If you have any additional thoughts, please do not hesitate to write us again.

Thank you for your support!

Regards,

Shirley Huang

Associate Manager

SIRIUS XM Investor Relations

212-584-5242

03-04-2009, 02:04 PM #3

Profile: Must Read(plus read the first "Comment" re: SatRad sub.)

03-04-2009, 03:25 PM #4

Got a Quick Response! (Now Lose Oprah...)

Dear David:

Well said! I lived in LA for some years and listening to Jonesy's Jukebox was always a treat. Your good comments have been shared with the programming staff.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Shirley Huang
    Associate Manager
    SIRIUS XM Radio Investor Relations
    212-584-5242

__