Page 7 of 10 ... 56789 ...
    Guru
    03-09-2009, 11:48 AM #61
    Ok mogami i get it, you think an rs is inevitable, i think diff okay who cares move on.

03-09-2009, 12:02 PM #62

R/S

For comparision. Siri will have close to 7 billion shares (this is including the 40 percent for Liberty) Market Cap today around 1 billion (including that 40 percent)
    Exxon Moble has 5 billion shares out with a market cap of 331 billion.

Guru
    03-09-2009, 12:12 PM #63
    mogami i well understand your argument. We will see what happens.

03-09-2009, 12:28 PM #64

R/S

Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    mogami i well understand your argument. We will see what happens.
    Hi, There are still other forum browsers
    (Thats why I didn't direct the post toward anyone in particular) Want readers to understand the logic Sirius will use when making their decisions.
    Don't take anything I post as personal. Everyone is entitled to opinion. Everyone is even entitled to their own hopes.
    This discussion is directed at allowing people to form independent opinions and hopes using accurate considerations.
    Namely "Why would Siri execute or not execute a R/S?" and then "what would timing be?"

Arguments in favor include the NASDAQ delisting. Facts do not support a R/S being required in 2009 unless you remember Sirius only has shareholder authorization to Dec 2009. in Dec 2009 they would need to request it again and by not having SP in excess of 1.00 would get the automatic authority again by claiming it was required to meet the 2nd extension NASDAQ would grant in response to their filing plan to meet requirement.

Even if SP does not meet requirment NASDAQ will not delist SIRI

The float is too large. It restricts company options in future.

Arguments opposed
    Even if SP does not meet requirments NASDAQ unlikely to delist.

Debt holders may have restrictions concerning this.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    03-09-2009, 07:51 PM #65
    Quote Originally Posted by sl62 View Post
    Hopeful...

I will be happy to further opine on your post with more info, but first i need to know how long you have been in this stock (or following the company)..
    Hi sl62,

I have been in this stock for a year and a half and only really grew my position as the price bottomed. I now have 100,000 shares at an avg .23.

Thanks for your opinion!!!

Enthusiast
    03-10-2009, 01:50 AM #66
    Quote Originally Posted by mogami View Post
    Hi, There are still other forum browsers
    (Thats why I didn't direct the post toward anyone in particular) Want readers to understand the logic Sirius will use when making their decisions.
    Don't take anything I post as personal. Everyone is entitled to opinion. Everyone is even entitled to their own hopes.
    This discussion is directed at allowing people to form independent opinions and hopes using accurate considerations.
    Namely "Why would Siri execute or not execute a R/S?" and then "what would timing be?"

Arguments in favor include the NASDAQ delisting. Facts do not support a R/S being required in 2009 unless you remember Sirius only has shareholder authorization to Dec 2009. in Dec 2009 they would need to request it again and by not having SP in excess of 1.00 would get the automatic authority again by claiming it was required to meet the 2nd extension NASDAQ would grant in response to their filing plan to meet requirement.

Even if SP does not meet requirment NASDAQ will not delist SIRI

The float is too large. It restricts company options in future.

Arguments opposed
    Even if SP does not meet requirments NASDAQ unlikely to delist.

Debt holders may have restrictions concerning this.
    Mogami, I think they object to the reverse because most often a reverse split is one of the last acts before going to the pinks. It just is what it is, as a average market thing or statistic and not related to siri, and to prove it you can find many examples. It happens too many times for it not to be noticed.

Now, having said that, I agree with you that the reverse is likely a done deal at some point. What they must do to prevent the reverse from causing unintended concequences in the future is to do it from a position of much greater market strength then they have now. Perhaps after they have achieved a SP over a dollar. That would ensure that the reverse would not cause major concerns because it was done voluntarilly and not forced by the exchange.

I can only hope that they achieve this and do it right. I think they can, but we sharholders will need to re-authorize the RS for the latter part of 2010 and all should work out OK in that year.

That's how I see it.
    Last edited by Wirestripper; 03-10-2009 at 01:53 AM. Reason: spelling

Enthusiast
    03-10-2009, 12:21 PM #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirestripper View Post
    Mogami, I think they object to the reverse because most often a reverse split is one of the last acts before going to the pinks. It just is what it is, as a average market thing or statistic and not related to siri, and to prove it you can find many examples. It happens too many times for it not to be noticed.

Now, having said that, I agree with you that the reverse is likely a done deal at some point. What they must do to prevent the reverse from causing unintended concequences in the future is to do it from a position of much greater market strength then they have now. Perhaps after they have achieved a SP over a dollar. That would ensure that the reverse would not cause major concerns because it was done voluntarilly and not forced by the exchange.

I can only hope that they achieve this and do it right. I think they can, but we sharholders will need to re-authorize the RS for the latter part of 2010 and all should work out OK in that year.

That's how I see it.
    I'm not sure they should wait that long. I have serious doubts that the stock price can ever get over a dollar, (or achieve a $6bil market cap) without a RS. The market makers won't let it happen. It's too easy for them to make money by playing with the stock price down here in penny jail. With the 3.8billion current shares - naked shorting isn't even noticed... heck they only need a few hundred thousand shares to drive the price down a full penny. They can let it run up a bit, then smash it back down and this will continue to happen over, and over, and over again.
    In my opinion we need fewer shares and a higher stock price before this equity starts acting "normally." Then maybe we can get to that $6bil market cap.

03-10-2009, 12:32 PM #68

MM's

Hi,I takes 200k more buys to move price up .01 compared to number of sells needed to drive prive down .01
    This is a record fact. The fines for manipulation are very light. Knight paid a whopping 70k for manipulation.
    They are warned all the time but just shrug it off.

Perhaps every SIRI holder should email SEC and Knight everyday and protest

Enthusiast
    03-10-2009, 12:46 PM #69
    Quote Originally Posted by winagain35 View Post
    I'm not sure they should wait that long. I have serious doubts that the stock price can ever get over a dollar, (or achieve a $6bil market cap) without a RS. The market makers won't let it happen. It's too easy for them to make money by playing with the stock price down here in penny jail. With the 3.8billion current shares - naked shorting isn't even noticed... heck they only need a few hundred thousand shares to drive the price down a full penny. They can let it run up a bit, then smash it back down and this will continue to happen over, and over, and over again.
    In my opinion we need fewer shares and a higher stock price before this equity starts acting "normally." Then maybe we can get to that $6bil market cap.
    Whichever way it goes, this year late or next, I am OK with it as I agree with you on the potential to reach over a dollar now, but I condition that on the possibility of a resurgence in car and light truck sales and new ways to monitize with Liberty to increase revenue beyond expectations.

If this happens, we very well could see that buck.

Mentor
    03-10-2009, 12:54 PM #70
    Quote Originally Posted by mogami View Post
    Hi,I takes 200k more buys to move price up .01 compared to number of sells needed to drive prive down .01
    This is a record fact. The fines for manipulation are very light. Knight paid a whopping 70k for manipulation.
    They are warned all the time but just shrug it off.

Perhaps every SIRI holder should email SEC and Knight everyday and protest
    No no, its all in my head. This stock trades on the up and up..

Not a bad idea, and it wouldnt hurt , thats for sure. Direct threat calls to NITE and BOOK and ISEG wouldnt hurt either.

Page 7 of 10 ... 56789 ...