03-07-2009, 06:04 AM #1

Stock Buyback vs Reverse Split....

Now that the 2009 debt has been taken care of and worries about BK have been put to rest for the foreseeable future....all I am hearing about now is the massive dilution and that the only way to deal with it is a reverse split.

Bullshit. A reverse split is an artificial way of raising the stock price and changes nothing.

What we need is a stock buyback. I think this would send a much more positive message to Wall Street and would be the best way to reduce the number of outstanding shares. Unlike the RS, it'd be REAL and positive.

Banned
    03-07-2009, 10:14 AM #2
    Lonely at the top, huh?

The problem with a buyback is cash. There is barely enough to pay December debt and launch a satellite next year.The manipulation may not stop until the we are out of penny land. It's just too great a target . Small moves mean big gains. Look at yesterday, up a penny = a 15% increase. Where else can yo make that kind of money. The funds will be flipping pennies for some time, especially on a company with no immediate debt concerns.

03-07-2009, 10:30 AM #3
    I'm just saying that a buyback would be the ideal solution.

Who knows. now that the 2009 debt is not an issue, and as Mel says, they can finally focus ALL their attention on delivering the synergies of the merger....perhaps they can raise the cash to start buying back.

Stranger things have happened.

Again...I'm just putting it out there.

03-07-2009, 10:39 AM #4
    FINregan,

Unlike ownedbysirius you seem like a nice guy however you are very novice in your thinking and a BIG part of the reason SIRIXM gets a bad rep for having retarded investors.

We just GAVE AWAY 2.5B shares for ZERO $$$ why the $#%$# would we buy back shares when cash is king!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we have 2 ears one mouth (listen twice as much as you talk)

You can LEARN a ton from Mr. Homer,Take advantage of having the best and brightest hanging out on this site.

03-07-2009, 12:45 PM #5
    With all due respect, I am not a retarded investor. In fact, prior to Sirius, I have done rather well in ALL of my big investments.

I take full responsibility for the mistakes I've made with Sirius, and I am not delusional. I am simply an investor who, like many is stuck in this equity. I'm on the tracks, and I hear the sound of the RS train bearing down on me.

Sure, a share buyback is pie in the sky thinking. I doubt it will happen. I am pretty much resigned to the fact that I am going to lose everything in this investment.

For the past few months, I've aggressively averaged down trying to take advantage of the BK bullshit I knew was swirling. I was smart enough to realize it was bullshit...unfortunately I didn't have the cash to take advantage of the pop I knew was coming.

If I had 10 grand I would have been able to get out. But I was only able to buy in $500 chunks. I bought them all below .10 cents....but it wasn't enough. Even as I was doing it, I was cursing my lack of funds. Knowing that once again, I was going to miss the opportunity. While others panicked and believed the BK crap...I bought.

Again, right plan....wrong amount of cash. Even tho I was able to lower my break even point to below $1, it was nowhere near close enough. So when it popped from .05 to .20....I couldn't cash out.

10 grand would have allowed me to get out....and I would have. I was hoping I'd have more time to average down before that pop....but I didn't.

I'm not stupid. Or ignorant. I made a mistake. A lot of smart people did. It's frustrating....especially compounded with the economy. Having so much money stuck in Sirius kills me...but again, I blame myself. If I had been able to get out, I'd have put my money into GERN or STEM. I had been planning to. I knew Obama was getting ready to allow Federal funding for embryonic stem cells, and now it's happening.

Anyway...it's easy for someone like you to point fingers and write what you wrote like you KNOW while I Don't.

I do know. I just got caught.

Now I am trying to figure out a way to get out.

About the buyback post. Sure I know it's wishful thinking. I'm just venting. Hoping for a buyback is NOT my plan. I'm am doing my own DD and figuring out what I'm gonna do.

If I can afford to lower my break even point I will. I can cash out now with a measly few grand, and I just may swallow my pride and do that should the 4Q signal me to do so.....or before a RS happens.

At this point, it's a crap shoot because my funds are still limited. If I had 10 grand to spare right now, I'd still invest in Sirius to lower my break even point to .33 cents. A double from here is a lot more plausible than hoping to get to a buck at this point.

Anyway....whatever. I was venting. Doesn't mean I'm ignorant.

Guru
    03-11-2009, 02:16 AM #6
    Homer is brilliant.....trust him...if you can prove him wrong, I will admire you.