03-07-2009, 02:00 AM #1

Today is the END of the beginning

We should all consider the idea that long really means long with this equity. Today is the start of something big.... no matter how badly the short sellers and media have pissed on this deal, it lives on and the tide is turning. Kudos to Karmazin. Longs will be proven right, but it will take some time. In America, we do not know what the meaning of is is, we do not get the concept of being overextended. Immediate gratification has had a good solid run. The best way to play this company is 5 years MINIMUM, with money that you can afford to lose. The news today represents the break we have been looking for... Mel with time to deal is like Tom Brady with time to throw. I bought 100,000 shares today to bring me up to 813,000 shares. I hope to accumulate 1,500,000 total shares by summer... Once I get there, no way do I get out until 2014. The best is yet to come, and we have the best seats in the house. In a few years, we will all look smart.

03-07-2009, 05:34 AM #2
    I hear what you're saying....but with all due respect, A LOT of us DO know what being "LONG" means. Some of us have been in this equity for a VERY long time and have felt nothing but pain. So please, a little respect and a lot less condescending is called for.

We have been EXTREMELY patient and should be forgiven if we're a little skeptical. We've been thru hell with this equity and seen and heard it ALL.

And it's not over yet. Yes, today was a huge relief because all this talk about BK in 2009 can finally be put to rest. BUT....now we will have to face more talk about MASSIVE dilution and the threat of a 1 for 50 Reverse Split.

It NEVER seems to end with this stock. It's ALWAYS something. The shorts never seem to run out of ammo. It's really sickening.

So although I share your excitement about todays news....forgive me if I'm not dancing a jig just yet. It's not all sunny skies and blue birds my friend.

This ain't like stem cell stocks. News broke today that Obama plans to lift bans on Federal funding for Stem Cells on Monday, and the sector is EXPLODING. Anyone holding the likes of GERN, STEM etc will be swimming in money as they continue to rise on this good news.

Now take the case of Sirius. We got great news today too. But we are not going to EXPLODE to over a $1 anytime soon....if HALF that. Just like we didn't explode after the 2 year wait for the "merger". After it passed, there was no "POP"...We went down. No, scratch that, we sunk like a stone. So after waiting over 6 months suffering thru fear and talk of BK....excuse me if I'm not jumping up and down on news of the 2009 debt being taken care of.

Because now we will be bombarded with talk about REVERSE SPLITS and MASSIVE dilution.

Like I said, it never ends with this stock. There ALWAYS seems to be something ominous blocking out any hope of clear skies.

It's exhausting and emotionally draining.

We HAVE been long. We will continue to be long. What choice do we have? Most of us - even with averaging down have break even prices of way over a buck and are not out of the woods yet. For those with average price per shares in the .10 to .14 cent range, things look a lot more rosey. They are on the verge of a double short term.

But for the rest of us....the future is not so certain. We may still be wiped out with specters of dilution and reverse splits.

There is no relief in sight and that is exhausting.

Enthusiast
    03-07-2009, 12:27 PM #3
    This was always a 2-3 year stock for me anyway.

I plan on averaging down as much as I can.

Addict
    03-07-2009, 12:40 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by frigginregan View Post
    I hear what you're saying....but with all due respect, A LOT of us DO know what being "LONG" means. Some of us have been in this equity for a VERY long time and have felt nothing but pain. So please, a little respect and a lot less condescending is called for.

We have been EXTREMELY patient and should be forgiven if we're a little skeptical. We've been thru hell with this equity and seen and heard it ALL.

And it's not over yet. Yes, today was a huge relief because all this talk about BK in 2009 can finally be put to rest. BUT....now we will have to face more talk about MASSIVE dilution and the threat of a 1 for 50 Reverse Split.

It NEVER seems to end with this stock. It's ALWAYS something. The shorts never seem to run out of ammo. It's really sickening.

So although I share your excitement about todays news....forgive me if I'm not dancing a jig just yet. It's not all sunny skies and blue birds my friend.

This ain't like stem cell stocks. News broke today that Obama plans to lift bans on Federal funding for Stem Cells on Monday, and the sector is EXPLODING. Anyone holding the likes of GERN, STEM etc will be swimming in money as they continue to rise on this good news.

Now take the case of Sirius. We got great news today too. But we are not going to EXPLODE to over a $1 anytime soon....if HALF that. Just like we didn't explode after the 2 year wait for the "merger". After it passed, there was no "POP"...We went down. No, scratch that, we sunk like a stone. So after waiting over 6 months suffering thru fear and talk of BK....excuse me if I'm not jumping up and down on news of the 2009 debt being taken care of.

Because now we will be bombarded with talk about REVERSE SPLITS and MASSIVE dilution.

Like I said, it never ends with this stock. There ALWAYS seems to be something ominous blocking out any hope of clear skies.

It's exhausting and emotionally draining.

We HAVE been long. We will continue to be long. What choice do we have? Most of us - even with averaging down have break even prices of way over a buck and are not out of the woods yet. For those with average price per shares in the .10 to .14 cent range, things look a lot more rosey. They are on the verge of a double short term.

But for the rest of us....the future is not so certain. We may still be wiped out with specters of dilution and reverse splits.

There is no relief in sight and that is exhausting.
    I feel you Friggin, every word of what you say. If you feel the company should be valued at about 3 billion market cap, then .50 is not far from possible even with the dilution. It could take until the end of the year, but if you really, really believe than you have time to raise more $ and keep adding to your position to average down even further. I am happy that I believe I can start sleeping at night because it looks like 0 is off the table. I use words like believe and looks like because I am wounded badly like all of us and my trust is broken & ready for some other unknown to pop up.

Let's hope the 8K filing settles in and we start seeing a slow progression up over time. I would be extremely disappointed and perplexed if the equity went back to the .12 - .13 range again.

03-07-2009, 01:44 PM #5
    This has to be the bottom...we were at 12-14 these last few days with debt unresolved...now, even though teh deal is not perfect, the debt issues are reolved for some time, and we can get back to basics...it should have automatically popped to 20..that was a surprise that it did not, but then again with siri nothing is a surprise anymore...
    I agree with SI62 that it will be a slow rise, and I am hoping to see 50 cents in a couple of months...I am averaged at 47 cents, so I might pull a frigginregan and get out if it hits my average, and invest in something less controlled...it has been a crazy ride.
    as for the RS, there are many companies now at sub-1 level so i think that it would be premature to do it now in this economy.

Enthusiast
    03-07-2009, 01:44 PM #6
    I bought 100,000 shares today to bring me up to 813,000 shares. I hope to accumulate 1,500,000 total shares by summer... Once I get there, no way do I get out until 2014. The best is yet to come... .
    Krypto,

After the 5 years is up, I was wondering, could I maybe
    borrow one of your Gulfstreams for a while? Just
    a few months.....? And as long I'm asking, can I
    borrow one of the islands you own for a while? I
    prefer one of the islands in the South Pacific,
    if one should be available, but the Carribbean will
    do if that's all you have.....

Thanks,

nisvan

03-07-2009, 06:28 PM #7
    Krypto, have you figured out what your break even would be after a 50:1 R/S (1,500,000 = 30,000)? I would think you would be in a lot longer after 2014. For my meesly 55602 shares, after a 50:1 R/S, the stock would need to hit $35 for me to break even. That will never happen again. My avg is .71, and anything over .50 is going to make me push the sell button. I just hope it hits .50 before mid November.

Enthusiast
    03-07-2009, 07:06 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by nisvan View Post
    Krypto,

After the 5 years is up, I was wondering, could I maybe
    borrow one of your Gulfstreams for a while? Just
    a few months.....? And as long I'm asking, can I
    borrow one of the islands you own for a while? I
    prefer one of the islands in the South Pacific,
    if one should be available, but the Carribbean will
    do if that's all you have.....

Thanks,