Page 2 of 3 123
    Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    03-07-2009, 11:55 PM #11
    Thanks guys for responding and answering my questions!!!

03-08-2009, 11:43 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by asm610 View Post
    posted this in another thread.

Like common stock, preferred stock represents ownership in a company. However, owners of preferred stock do not get voting rights in the business.

Don't expect him to convert any time soon.
    asm6,

The Board Seats granted that come with the Preferred Stock give them a better position to direct the goals of the company than a Common Share voting right....

I also agree that they will not convert to common any time in the near future.... They will maintain their 40% position through out any R/S action and also enjoy some improved security for their investment as Preferred against future Risk. Their position value increases along with all other owners, including the common as the company's value increases....

03-08-2009, 11:47 AM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyIrishXM View Post
    Homer a ?if you can respond..
    but i'm not sure about the 300m lent to hedgers,how it affects them?
    Even though the "lent shares" are not considered when computing GAAP reporting metrics, they still are shares Outstanding and are treated as all other common shares during the R/S process... At least that how I have read the Share Lending Agreement in its definition of these Lent Shares.

Enthusiast
    03-08-2009, 11:50 AM #14
    Good morning all.

Mentor
    03-08-2009, 11:57 AM #15
    Morning killer. Its a beautiful day in Arizona. Is it a good day for the dog to get some running done where you are? to tone up for his attacking next week .20 cents and above!!!

Banned
    03-08-2009, 12:18 PM #16
    My 2 cents is that Malone won't convert at all if the company executes. Here is a link to a time article on Malone that paints a pretty clear picture of the kind of person he is.

He made the loan, and with the preferreds he is saying to Mel, get it done, or I'll have to do it for you. The preferreds are more of an insurance policy than anything else.

read this article...

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...983521,00.html

03-08-2009, 12:52 PM #17
    Quote Originally Posted by killerkaul View Post
    Good morning all.

Good afternoon here in New England.... caught some Striped Bass out of Barnstable Harbor this past season.... thought I would go back to thinking about Summer and warm weather for a while.....now that the pressure is off.....

Enthusiast
    03-08-2009, 01:55 PM #18
    Relmor ,Cos ,............... it's a beautiful day here in the Black Hills of So. Dak. It's about 35 degrees, dry and sunny this morn. Hope it's as nice where you are. Might have to get the Harley on the road around noon. .................... The Blue Dog has been pacing back and forth since dawn. Our position here is "good ground" and we hold the heights. The enemy has moved off to the north of our position beyond a far ridge, and beyond out on to a plain. The Dog is eyeing that position. We are still outnumbered, however the enemy is ignorant of this fact. The gerbil returned from his recon mission late last nite........... with word of their fear, that we might have picked up a great number of reinforcements since the news of the 2nd signing. With surprise on our side, I believe the Dog will initiate a charge across the lowlands in an all out attempt to reach the high ground of the ridge and therein the protection it would afford us, as our number continues to increase. The battle commanders will need to be assembled early pre dawn monday morning. I'm not sure if I can hold the Dog back for long, if he get's it into his head to make a run. His intuition and strength has never failed us in the past. As the keeper, I am quite sure he will run. The only question is when. That is for the Blue Dog to know. My best guess is pre dawn under cover of the nite. We will be ready. Our destiny awaits. Where the Dog goes..............I will follow..........................NO FEAR ....... killer.

Mentor
    03-08-2009, 02:08 PM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by killerkaul View Post
    Relmor ,Cos ,............... it's a beautiful day here in the Black Hills of So. Dak. It's about 35 degrees, dry and sunny this morn. Hope it's as nice where you are. Might have to get the Harley on the road around noon. .................... The Blue Dog has been pacing back and forth since dawn. Our position here is "good ground" and we hold the heights. The enemy has moved off to the north of our position beyond a far ridge, and beyond out on to a plain. The Dog is eyeing that position. We are still outnumbered, however the enemy is ignorant of this fact. The gerbil returned from his recon mission late last nite........... with word of their fear, that we might have picked up a great number of reinforcements since the news of the 2nd signing. With surprise on our side, I believe the Dog will initiate a charge across the lowlands in an all out attempt to reach the high ground of the ridge and therein the protection it would afford us, as our number continues to increase. The battle commanders will need to be assembled early pre dawn monday morning. I'm not sure if I can hold the Dog back for long, if he get's it into his head to make a run. His intuition and strength has never failed us in the past. As the keeper, I am quite sure he will run. The only question is when. That is for the Blue Dog to know. My best guess is pre dawn under cover of the nite. We will be ready. Our destiny awaits. Where the Dog goes..............I will follow..........................NO FEAR ....... killer.
    Im literally giggling to myself the entire time Im reading this. I love this post, .
    Im getting a little excited for the CC and news from our glorious leader now. Mel would like to dazzle us, I know he would. Lets let him.....
    Come on Mel, give the Blue dog a BONE!!!!

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    03-08-2009, 07:53 PM #20
    Ahahahah, you guys are funny, this is quite the change in dialog for this forum! Thanks for coming over here!!!

Page 2 of 3 123