Page 2 of 2 12
    Addict
    09-14-2007, 09:45 PM #11
    Newman -

Sirius and XM guaranteed that no receivers would become obsolete. But good discussion guys.

I missed Cramer's show tonight but I think its repeated at 11. I read he talked Sirius on the Lightning round.

Head Honcho
    09-15-2007, 09:20 PM #12

Newman

The RIAA is in the drivers seat here. They already have legislation they are trying to put through, have already set new rates for internet radio, and are in the midst of arbitration with both Sirius and XM on royalty rates.

XM already curbed some capabilities from the Inno, and offered consumers a refund if they were upset with the change (FM modulator).

I hope that XM prevails in the suit, but it was in my opinion a risk not worth taking.

In my opinion, XM is lacking in the new hardware department for this holiday season. It will be interesting to see how all of this plays out.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Head Honcho
    09-19-2007, 01:50 PM #13

XM Negative NET Retail Additions in Q3?

After seeing the August NPD data, I have come to the conclusion that there is very little chance that we see a positive number in retail NET additions from XM in Q3.

I am long XM, and this news, while somewhat disturbing, does not change my overall long term outlook for satellite radio. However, the street reaction can be brutal on things such as this, and if you are invested in this equity you should be prepared for it.

How I play this will depend on merger arbitrage at the time, as well as where we stand in the merger process. I want to protect my gains, and maintain the arb advantage, but also do not want to take what could be a very predictable hit.

Unless XM puts together a strong September at retail, or directly sells a ton of units, I just do not see how they will report a positive retail subscriber number.

Better to be prepared than not.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Addict
    09-19-2007, 04:50 PM #14
    One has to wonder, with the lack of new XM radios, if post merger the plan is to go with just one type of portable satellite radio?

Page 2 of 2 12