Page 2 of 2 12
    03-09-2009, 09:38 PM #11
    Excellant advice Mogami. I am buying as many shares as I can at these levels, for my sons as well as for my wife and I. Even after the R/S we will be fine. The only time I got fooled was when I purchased 55,000 shares for my wife, after the merger got approved at a price of around $1.45 ( with commission thrown in) I've been buying at these low levels and am buying again on a weekly basis, increasing my holdings on average by 40,000 shares weekly.

As I said in prior posts I feel that any investor who wants to buy Sirius today must give this stock at least 60 months at the minium, the only exception would be day traders, like Rel or Cos or SL62, these guys are on top of this stock and are looking to trade everyday. I don't have that luxury, my work keeps me busy and I barely have time to read your posts.

I know this however, I love this company and I believe in the product, and it has amazing potential going forward.

I know its hard for the really long term investors, I got in early too, long before Howard even signed on or before Mel,but I aggressively traded the stock to make a lot of money, but I truly believe that anyone who has a high share price should and must get in at these price levels. Have faith and keep your shares and above all, stay on this website, Rel and Cos and Mogami and SL62 are truly the best there is.

now that we have a new home and when things get a little better I wish we could all get together, maybe we could all meet in Chicago or any other city with a major airport and have a sirius get together, to toast our good fortune if only because we can spend some time together.

Enthusiast
    03-09-2009, 09:49 PM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by mogami View Post
    Hi, Buy and hold will not be back till Dow is over 10k again. You need to trade. you can buy and sell same stock 3 times in 5 trading days. Nothing wrong with selling when up and buying when low. No stock goes up up up protect your money. Pay attention. learn whats going on. Don't be a piece of driftwood.
    Very good advice! Hard times require hard ways. Those who wish to survive must learn to addapt to the ever changing new ways. Some times you will eat the bear, sometimes the bear will eat you. But you will not survive if you loose focus.

Mentor
    03-09-2009, 11:24 PM #13
    Have been averaging down since Oct. Now down from about 2.30 to .57 with 88k shares. My only chance to be made whole again was to begin averaging down aggressively. Presently, with earnings right around the corner and March 11th with family plan/premium internet...Too risky to risk being out waiting to buy back in. Relmor/Cos/john and others have posted many times to break up your position into 4th's or alittle more and buy and sell without putting in new money on 2-3 cent pops. New money is risky, good money after bad, but has huge upside potential if you have the time to wait.IMHO

Planning 1 more buy of 14K shares to get avergae to .50...then pray for Mel to do his magic that he keeps promising us!

After CC on the 17th, may begin playing the pops with about 25% of holdings to try and cont to avg down.

Good luck to all

Enthusiast
    03-10-2009, 01:00 AM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by mogami View Post
    Hi, Buy and hold will not be back till Dow is over 10k again. You need to trade. you can buy and sell same stock 3 times in 5 trading days. Nothing wrong with selling when up and buying when low. No stock goes up up up protect your money. Pay attention. learn whats going on. Don't be a piece of driftwood.

Yes, you are right.

On that same vein of thought, I am trying to figure out what the NEW normaL will be upon recovery.

Financials lead the market before in terms of CAP, and that won't be the case in the future. Banks will not achieve anything close to the profits and growth they once had. Another sector will attain leadership and I think it will be retail. They seem to be establishing leadership now. They are the few who hung on, and they are the leaders in terms of multiples today on the DOW.

On the NASDQ, it will be tech as usual. Since the NAS is Tech....LOL

A 10K dow is about all we can hope for, in the mid term going out from the end of this decade through the middle of the next, I believe.

Page 2 of 2 12