Page 2 of 35 123412 ...
    Addict
    03-06-2009, 12:20 PM #11
    SA picked up Brandon's article ...duh

Their headline is:

Sirius Trouble Ahead

Relmor and I posted there..Brandon has his now handful of comments that he will ever get per article...

Mentor
    03-06-2009, 12:22 PM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by nisvan View Post
    this may sound contrary or unbelievable,
    but it may be that brandon's article, whether
    true or not, or possible or not, was the catalyst
    that is responsible for the present time's depreciation;
    these boards do get read by a good many investors.
    Thats not a contrarian view on this board, not with me, thats my whole point entirely. Brandon has to be held accountable, and those responsible for handing him the loaded gun as well.

Enthusiast
    03-06-2009, 12:25 PM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Thats not a contrarian view on this board, not with me, thats my whole point entirely. Brandon has to be held accountable, and those responsible for handing him the loaded gun as well.
    If you cannot access the article and need a copy let me know and I will copy and post it.

03-06-2009, 12:31 PM #14
    relmor,

"manipulation II" article is not coming up when I try either...says page may have been removed.

Addict
    03-06-2009, 12:33 PM #15
    I do not think Brandon's article has anything to do whiht what is going on right now.

This issue will go down to the pre-Liberty deal levels before 3/17...it may not even get to 3/17 but if it does it may survive, spike and go back down again... until the next struggle (in May ?).

The thing is, I though this issue was safer after the Liberty deal but I was wrong. I've been wrong 2 times with this issue this year so far. There will not be a 3rd one.

SIRI may not survive 2009 and may struggle all 2010, no matter what... and that is a fact.

03-06-2009, 12:33 PM #16
    Druid,

I'd like to read it if you still have access to it. Thanks.

Addict
    03-06-2009, 12:37 PM #17
    Guys...

I se no effects whatsoever from Brandon's article. Yesterday was a blood red day across the board and SIRI saw some selling pressure EOD and a lower close @ .13. Brandon's article didn't come out until well into AH and there was no reaction. I see today as just a continuation of yesterday's EOD action. It had changed in the last hour or so yesterday. Plus volume is too low. Probably pure MM monkey biz today.. If Brandon's article carried any weight at all, you would have seen a takedown this morning to .11. Didn't happen. I call it and him a non-starter...a piece of gum on the bottom of your shoe. An annoyance. I mean c'mon. OUr opinions are correct and are shared by SA posters today on his article. No pro trader is going to look at his opinions on a filing they've already disected and moved on from since they already knew what they were looking at..just like we did..

Enthusiast
    03-06-2009, 12:39 PM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by TWAsiri View Post
    relmor,

"manipulation II" article is not coming up when I try either...says page may have been removed.
    The fact is BOTH Brandon's articles from yesterday are littered with factual errors, misinformation and conjecture. Neither are suitable for public consumption and both are an embarrassment to Brandon and Siriusbuzz.

Enthusiast
    03-06-2009, 12:42 PM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by TWAsiri View Post
    Druid,

I'd like to read it if you still have access to it. Thanks.
    This article is not labeled "manipulation II" it is labeled "Sirius Lessons in Stock Manipulation " so it may not be the same one, but here it is. Quote:
    I was asked Monday my opinion on a certain nameless penny stock. As soon as I pulled it up on a chart, my immediate reply was that “I would not touch it with YOUR money!” I recounted a certain experience I had as a broker-in-training many years ago, which I would now like to share with you, the reader.

The broker I worked under had a certain client who we will call Dr. Economics. This particular client had a net worth of many millions of dollars and held some very high quality investments in his portfolio. There was one exception, however; Dr. Economics liked to play with a certain penny stock called Panther Mountain Water Park which was worthless. That did not stop Dr. Economics from amassing a small fortune in the equity at the expense of less educated investors, also known as suckers.

Dr. Economics would suddenly begin buying PMWP at under a nickel a share and would do this using various size blocks. Some small, some large. He would accumulate over the course of a few days of buying, millions of shares at an average cost of less than .25. People who had no idea that only one person was buying the stock, would begin to notice that the volume and price had suddenly begun to move up sharply. Uneducated investors would automatically assume that some major news catalyst was on the horizon, as the press began to pick up on the increased activity. A buying frenzy ensued on the still worthless equity which Dr. Economics was now all too willing to sell for .90 - 1.00 a share! This is why no one should ever invest in a penny stock.

It was then pointed out to me that Sirius XM (SIRI) is a penny stock. To a certain extent that is true, if you look at the stock price only. There is a huge difference in SIRI in that there is a very active market for the stock. Penny stocks have very little volume to speak of, which makes them prime candidates for manipulation. Technically, the market cap of SIRI alone disqualifies it from penny stock status.

Unfortunately, neither volume nor market cap disqualifies SIRI from the same sort of manipulation that occurred with PMWP. Every day there are thousands of 100 share trades executed which all have a purpose; to keep the stock price of SIRI artificially deflated. The question that needs to be asked is, why? The recent short covering in my opinion reveals the answer. Short sellers needed to cover and these 100 share transactions kept the stock price low enough for short sellers to cover their positions and lock in a tidy profit for themselves at the retail investor's expense.

I believe that even more short covering is occurring now that the threat of bankruptcy has been removed. Short sellers have made a fortune on the stock and with the downside risk/reward being so low at this time, continuing to hold the stock short will only result in profits being eaten away. Already SIRI shares have climbed over 300% from their lows. Until all short sellers have covered, I expect more of this type of manipulation to occur.

I never received as much hate mail as I did when I suggested that a reverse split would be the best thing for Sirius common stock, but recent events have only reinforced my position that the stock has too many shares outstanding at too low a price. In my opinion, the only way for the company to avoid this sort of manipulation in the future, is to go ahead and execute the already approved reverse split. There are times when reverse splits are a good thing and for Sirius XM shareholders, this is one of them.

Position: Long Sirius XM
    Sirius Lessons in Stock Manipulation
    Mar 03, 2009 by Brandon Matthews
    PS: I tried to post just the link rather than the intire article, as I know some web masters prefere that. In this case I was not able to capture the link.

Enthusiast
    03-06-2009, 12:44 PM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by sl62 View Post
    Guys...

I se no effects whatsoever from Brandon's article. Yesterday was a blood red day across the board and SIRI saw some selling pressure EOD and a lower close @ .13. Brandon's article didn't come out until well into AH and there was no reaction. I see today as just a continuation of yesterday's EOD action. It had changed in the last hour or so yesterday. Plus volume is too low. Probably pure MM monkey biz today.. If Brandon's article carried any weight at all, you would have seen a takedown this morning to .11. Didn't happen. I call it and him a non-starter...a piece of gum on the bottom of your shoe. An annoyance. I mean c'mon. OUr opinions are correct and are shared by SA posters today on his article. No pro trader is going to look at his opinions on a filing they've already disected and moved on from since they already knew what they were looking at..just like we did..
    agree totally

Page 2 of 35 123412 ...