Page 1 of 5 123 ...
    Mentor
    03-05-2009, 05:17 PM #1

Lets use logic and clear heads when investing, not rumors and emotions

Lets get out of the tainted cos1000 thread, and begin a new day with new hopes.
    I dont feel the Malone deal is doomed, in fact I feel it is beyond a done deal. There is language in the filing that covers all events, some uncontrollable by SiriusXM. These are to protect them from lawsuits at all times. Since they are already being sued, and have sued themselves to avoid being sued, we know the BOD main concern has always been about themselves, and preserving their ability to remain rich, and out of jail.
    Since the MSM isnt sniffing BK anymore, I would assume we are safe, for if it were an option thats all we would be reading about. I dont think Q4 will show declining subs, and I feel the COH will be strong as well(as of now, not Q4 ending.) Since we only have a few more days to wait, there is no need to panick with any new rumors with no facts to go on. If you take the filings for their word, they warned of BK after filing Q3 of last year. And here we are today. No way Mel takes the BK route. Avoiding government intervention in this company is vital to its survival. Bandwidth could be revoked, etc... Mel would take the Ergen deal before BK. And I still wish Ergen would have won. The Malone deal is done.

03-05-2009, 05:42 PM #2

investing

Hi, Logic and reason may work for some people but I am sticking with my Magic 8-Ball

The 20 standard answers on a Magic 8-Ball are:

● As I see it, yes
    ● It is certain
    ● It is decidedly so
    ● Most likely
    ● Outlook good
    ● Signs point to yes
    ● Without a doubt
    ● Yes
    ● Yes - definitely
    ● You may rely on it
    ● Reply hazy, try again
    ● Ask again later
    ● Better not tell you now
    ● Cannot predict now
    ● Concentrate and ask again
    ● Don't count on it
    ● My reply is no
    ● My sources say no
    ● Outlook not so good
    ● Very doubtful

Most scientific method for buying/selling stocks known.

Enthusiast
    03-05-2009, 05:50 PM #3
    And silence from Brandon and Cos100... I really don't get there fear mongering if you are correct Relmor. Where are they?

Mentor
    03-05-2009, 06:38 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by dmo2424 View Post
    And silence from Brandon and Cos100... I really don't get there fear mongering if you are correct Relmor. Where are they?
    Dont know, dont care. But there was more evidence of BK on Feb. 17th than now, and it was bs then as it is now. Its even more bs now. Id like someone to offer me a factual based arguement on why BK is more logical today, than on Feb. 17th. Basically whats changed? GM auditors didnt give them a growing concern until after they borrowed BILLION FROM THE GOVERNMENT. Sirius has never missed a payment, and has a growing business, with declining costs. How many auditiors have issued growing concerns on companies in SiriusXM's position? They owe BANK DEBT, from long time borrower/lender relationships, that is easily extended. The banks will extend them as long as they are not going BK. But they are only going BK if they dont extend their debt. LOL LOL LOL
    And people believe this garbage? All to keep the retail investors out of a gold mine. While they laugh all the way to the bank. With new revenue streams, new outlets to consumers, and growing away from the "auto" model, this company has nothing but upside.

Guru
    03-05-2009, 08:07 PM #5
    "Lets use logic and clear heads when investing, not rumors and emotions"

relmar, you are kidding me right, you are the king of emotion and conspricy

Mentor
    03-05-2009, 10:39 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    "Lets use logic and clear heads when investing, not rumors and emotions"

relmar, you are kidding me right, you are the king of emotion and conspricy
    I dont trade on emotion. Nor do I start rumors harmfull to my position, based on zero evidence. Nor do I trust my CEO. Since cos1000 does, he should have never invested in this stock, as BK was warned since Q3. Thats over 3 months ago. Since he "choose" to believe this warning, I just think that is inconsistant logic. Since the arguement for BK at this stage is its weakest since its inception as a topic of interest. Like a comando attacking his way through platoons, bombs, bunkers, and land mines, finally coming onto a catepillar, and giving up because "the odds are just too great". Makes no sense AT THIS TIME.

03-06-2009, 09:02 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    I dont trade on emotion. Nor do I start rumors harmfull to my position, based on zero evidence. Nor do I trust my CEO. Since cos1000 does, he should have never invested in this stock, as BK was warned since Q3. Thats over 3 months ago. Since he "choose" to believe this warning, I just think that is inconsistant logic. Since the arguement for BK at this stage is its weakest since its inception as a topic of interest. Like a comando attacking his way through platoons, bombs, bunkers, and land mines, finally coming onto a catepillar, and giving up because "the odds are just too great". Makes no sense AT THIS TIME.
    Relmor,

After reviewing worldspace's BK situation and filings as a test bed for Sirius and it's filings....and getting some good gauge from John on the specifics of worldspace....I am more convinced than ever that there is no BK as you have steadfastly stated many times...and possibly some better than expected news to be announced come the 17th (underpromise over deliver)

Addict
    03-06-2009, 11:01 AM #8
    Well, it's a real battle between the BK believers and non-believers this morning.

Stay cool

03-06-2009, 11:12 AM #9

good morning

hey everyone. finally made it over from SA and nice to see all regulars, and lots of new names too.

just wanted to add my thoughts on the cos - relmor battle that is being waged. relmor, i really think you're out of line man. this is not meant to take anything away from the incredibly insightful stuff you kindly share on this forum. but you gotta remember....it's a forum. cos has no obligation to worry about the impact of his comments on other people's money. in this game, it's each man for himself. will help each other by doing exactly what cos did...sharing his thoughts. if we all have to think the same way then what purpose do we have to be here other than to pump this pig up. cos made a simple determination that the delay in reporting might negatively impact the short term sp and he made a play. what the heck is the big deal? maybe i'm wrong, but i don't ever remember him making a big argument that bk is coming, or even likely. yes he pointed out that the language is worthy of concern, and it should be. but i really think he was just trying avoid a quick hit to the sp based on market reaction to the delay. i guess cos can speak for himself, but relmor you attacked him pretty hard and questioned his integrity and imo you were out of line man. we should all speak our minds out here. that's what makes this forum compelling. let's respect each other without attacks.

just had to get that off my chest. still appreciate all of you very much and thanks for intelligence and guidance.

Mentor
    03-06-2009, 11:21 AM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by mydogniles View Post
    hey everyone. finally made it over from SA and nice to see all regulars, and lots of new names too.

just wanted to add my thoughts on the cos - relmor battle that is being waged. relmor, i really think you're out of line man. this is not meant to take anything away from the incredibly insightful stuff you kindly share on this forum. but you gotta remember....it's a forum. cos has no obligation to worry about the impact of his comments on other people's money. in this game, it's each man for himself. will help each other by doing exactly what cos did...sharing his thoughts. if we all have to think the same way then what purpose do we have to be here other than to pump this pig up. cos made a simple determination that the delay in reporting might negatively impact the short term sp and he made a play. what the heck is the big deal? maybe i'm wrong, but i don't ever remember him making a big argument that bk is coming, or even likely. yes he pointed out that the language is worthy of concern, and it should be. but i really think he was just trying avoid a quick hit to the sp based on market reaction to the delay. i guess cos can speak for himself, but relmor you attacked him pretty hard and questioned his integrity and imo you were out of line man. we should all speak our minds out here. that's what makes this forum compelling. let's respect each other without attacks.

just had to get that off my chest. still appreciate all of you very much and thanks for intelligence and guidance.
    I withdrew my "trade angle" on cos1000 yesterday. Old news on that. Go back and read the thread from the beginning. Only till way later does cos1000 disfuse any bk scare angle from his comments. No, he was more than fine with that playing out. He even added to it. I will not back down. Its an opinion which I highly disagree with. I retrace the "personal gain" angle. But its still true. I reread the post again, and there were a number of people "jumping ship" on his comments, not Brandons. Brandon took it one step further. I am now forced to post on SA again, to defend the other side. This infuriates me to no end, and that article was written solely because of cos1000 thread. Sorry, any effect cos1000 had on investors is on his head, as are all who voice their opinion. If you want to live in a blameless world, go lock yourself in a closet, and throw your cell phone away.

Page 1 of 5 123 ...