Page 2 of 2 12
    Addict
    03-05-2009, 02:56 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Something I also would like to remind you is that, first there are a hell of alot used cars out there that have deactivated satellite radios in them. That while the new car sales have decreased the used car sales have picked up. Second the reason retail dropped off so much was almost all due to the fact the penitration rates went up in OEMs (also the Stern effect). Meaning you dont buy a satellite radio at retail to put one in your car if you already have one in your car (in general even if the one in your car sucks).
    More very good points.

I also think that the Circuit City closing stores down will give retail a bit of a boost as all their old stock gets cleared out at a discount. I've seen them 50% off last week and they will likely go as high as they can to liquidate them.

Guru
    03-05-2009, 03:14 PM #12
    sxminvestor, Just so people are aware. I am not saying it is going to come even close to making up for the bad OEM numbers or economy in general. Used car dealers are only a portion of used car sales (although a large portion) The problem was and has been, getting the used car dealers to push the service. I also think it will be a somewhat considerable add to the final number. As an example, while 500,000 for the year more (in gross) then would have come normally does not come close to make up the difference. It still does go a long way to add to the end of year number.

Addict
    03-05-2009, 03:47 PM #13
    sxminvestor, Just so people are aware. I am not saying it is going to come even close to making up for the bad OEM numbers or economy in general. Used car dealers are only a portion of used car sales (although a large portion) The problem was and has been, getting the used car dealers to push the service. I also think it will be a somewhat considerable add to the final number. As an example, while 500,000 for the year more (in gross) then would have come normally does not come close to make up the difference. It still does go a long way to add to the end of year number.
    I agree. All of these things help a little bit and can change historical calculations of where subs can come from.

03-05-2009, 07:55 PM #14

Swag

Hi, It is a mistake to write anything using conjecture. The report will come out on or before the 17th. It will have the numbers. There will be a CC on the 17th where we will hear directly from the company.
    Guessing now is like being afraid and shooting at shadows. You create confusion. Discipline is the key to good order and making sound decisions.

Guru
    03-05-2009, 08:32 PM #15
    well the article has been written, im just gonna say it, brandon you better not have sold on the last bk pop and now are trying to get it to drop so you can then buy back and sell on the next pop when they obviously say no bk at cc. This is a stupid article that i do not see any legit reason for writing.

Addict
    03-05-2009, 11:19 PM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by mogami View Post
    Hi, It is a mistake to write anything using conjecture. The report will come out on or before the 17th. It will have the numbers. There will be a CC on the 17th where we will hear directly from the company.
    Guessing now is like being afraid and shooting at shadows. You create confusion. Discipline is the key to good order and making sound decisions.
    I agree, but for Brandon to claim they will lose 2 million subs in 2009 because he neglects to include retail and other aftermarket radios in his analysis is really screwed up.

Addict
    03-06-2009, 01:42 AM #17
    So Brandon, no retail afermarket subs will be added in 2009, right. You still can’t explain this and refuse to correct your BOGUS information on this blog.

WHY, what motive do you have to keep such a ridiculous obvious mistake published and possibly picked up by other news sources ?

You still have a chance to not be considered a hack and a coward, so do you want to relook at your net sub additions for 2009 or continue to hide.

“4,284,000 - 2,275,000 = 2,009,000 subscribers to be lost in 2009″ (Brandon says)

I will not let up on this.

Enthusiast
    03-06-2009, 02:02 AM #18

Absolutely true...The SAR counts are but one metric to consider. I suspect that SIRI will add even more to the mix in time. They may be able to monetize this new joint partnership. Used cars, retail, internet, XM Mobile........all of it counts.

Guru
    03-06-2009, 02:14 PM #19
    Brandon, we tryed to tell you. Dont do it, now u just look stupid

Page 2 of 2 12