Enthusiast
    03-03-2009, 11:33 PM #1

Any thoughts on how this will affect SP tomorrow (4th)?

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    03-03-2009, 11:37 PM #2
    This link directly? None, it is just telling you to listen in on the 17th...

Enthusiast
    03-03-2009, 11:47 PM #3
    Did I miss the news where they officially announced when they would release 4th quarter results? Would think the news would stimulate a little more action than we saw today.

Addict
    03-03-2009, 11:51 PM #4
    I think the delay of the Q4 results is being perceived as negative by the street. They announced the results being delayed until the 17th yesterday in pre-market.

http://investor.sirius.com/releasede...leaseID=368331

Enthusiast
    03-04-2009, 12:00 AM #5
    Ahh... got it, saw about the 10-k delayed, but didn't read the official announcement since it was being so thoroughly discussed. Interesting that the CC will be pre-market though.

Addict
    03-04-2009, 02:14 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by otone View Post
    Ahh... got it, saw about the 10-k delayed, but didn't read the official announcement since it was being so thoroughly discussed. Interesting that the CC will be pre-market though.
    Sirius has been doing their CC premarket for many years, nothing new. Sirius has likely delayed their earnings so that they could get a better grip on their cash position and how the 2nd quarter looks, in light of the price increase and marketing push to get subs to lock in rates paying up front and new subs that could get free internet listening if they sign up by 3/10. It will give them time to tally the subs/$ raised and plan how they will spin this to the investment community. It also gives them time to get the Internet App approved.

Addict
    03-04-2009, 02:17 AM #7
    Any thoughts on finding refinancing and avoiding the second half of the Malone deal?

03-04-2009, 11:13 AM #8
    If anyone is interested...

Just read an article on MGM's problems (link below)

Looks kinda like the same mess we are in. Article does give some reasons for the delaying earnings report. May help some understand the severity of getting the debt resolved in a certain fashion.
    koop

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...3_FORTUNE5.htm

Mentor
    03-04-2009, 09:10 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    Sirius has been doing their CC premarket for many years, nothing new. Sirius has likely delayed their earnings so that they could get a better grip on their cash position and how the 2nd quarter looks, in light of the price increase and marketing push to get subs to lock in rates paying up front and new subs that could get free internet listening if they sign up by 3/10. It will give them time to tally the subs/$ raised and plan how they will spin this to the investment community. It also gives them time to get the Internet App approved.
    I hope your right. Cos1000, and Brandon are nervous nellies, and Now im sick to my stomach reading their posts all day. I guess I should EXPECT THE WORST with this company, as should we all, and appreciate anything better than that.

Guru
    03-04-2009, 09:58 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    I don't know the truth or the merit, but someone posted that they were contacted by sirius xm stating that they had not been billed for the best of package or something and needed to go ahead and charge their credit card. Meaning, it could be that they are scrounging up cash if people really are getting calls like this.