Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    03-02-2009, 08:18 PM #1

Delayed Q4 Earnings and CC, Doom and Gloom or potential good news?

Hey everyone,

Well we were expecting to be taken out of this dark hole we have entered with SIRI, and once again people started shoveling dirt on us!

So what does everyone make of the delay?

Mel getting all of the 09 debt taken care of?

Horrible news that they are trying to make look pretty?

"substantial doubt about the Company’s ability to continue as a going concern." That sentence leading to the demise of the liberty deal?

So much to think about, with little information...

Guru
    03-02-2009, 08:23 PM #2
    they have had alot on their plate asof late, not suprising they need extra time to get everything togethor, plus i bet mel wants all 2009 debt refinanced by the cc

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    03-02-2009, 08:29 PM #3
    Good call Tripp,

However isnt Mel bound to the liberty agreement until April 15th and can make no other financing deals until after April 15th???

Guru
    03-02-2009, 08:37 PM #4
    no he is allowed talk to current debt holders and try to refinance. He could even be working out the rest of the financing with liberty.

Enthusiast
    03-02-2009, 10:00 PM #5
    doom and gloom, doom and gloom. all of the debt hasn't been taken cared of by march 1st. i doubt we will get a better offer within 45 days. the q4 results may be ugly, not dish ugly, but ugly..

Addict
    03-02-2009, 10:49 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    Hey everyone,

Well we were expecting to be taken out of this dark hole we have entered with SIRI, and once again people started shoveling dirt on us!

So what does everyone make of the delay?

Mel getting all of the 09 debt taken care of?

Horrible news that they are trying to make look pretty?

"substantial doubt about the Company’s ability to continue as a going concern." That sentence leading to the demise of the liberty deal?

So much to think about, with little information...
    My opinion on the delay is that they want to have a much clearer picture of where they are financially, so they want to lock in all the cash they possibly can by the March 11th deadline of the price hike.

This way they can not only report 4th quarter, but report a better cash on hand, possibly stating that they have most of the May debt in their war chest, but still looking for a favorable replacement term loan.

I don't believe this is all to do with their accountants being too busy to get it done. Also, they seem close to the Ipod app and may want to have that to announce as a part of their new initiatives for growth.

Guru
    03-02-2009, 11:32 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    My opinion on the delay is that they want to have a much clearer picture of where they are financially, so they want to lock in all the cash they possibly can by the March 11th deadline of the price hike.

This way they can not only report 4th quarter, but report a better cash on hand, possibly stating that they have most of the May debt in their war chest, but still looking for a favorable replacement term loan.

I don't believe this is all to do with their accountants being too busy to get it done. Also, they seem close to the Ipod app and may want to have that to announce as a part of their new initiatives for growth.
    good points

Guru
    03-03-2009, 01:51 AM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post

Good thoughts!

Those guys, including Mel, are working hard as they can. Be assured of that. Why would they do any different?

If they were a bunch of meat-heads, SIRIXM would all ready be gone or sold to somebody else. Give them a chance and some time.

They are working for the good of the corporation.

Whatever comes out of it.....is...

Enthusiast
    03-03-2009, 04:59 PM #9

Screw em' all on Wall Street......

All great thoughts above folks.....

Regardless of the Q4 announcement, I'm buying!!!! Strange to say or think....but SIRI could be one of the safest bets out there now

LONG LIVE SIRI,
    -Whynot