Page 13 of 26 ... 3111213141523 ...
    Enthusiast
    03-04-2009, 04:26 PM #121
    well despite the bad news re the potential royalties, and in the scheme of things, that particular bad news probably compares rather minisculely to the sorts of bad news this stock is used to sustainining.... i thot it might be useful
    to point out that it's not been too often that siri starts flirting with .14 and .15.

If you'll recall, back in early November, before the market really imploded, siri was up near .28. By mid-december it was camped out in the low teens, amidst constant concern of low automobile concerns and debt problems looming in February. It didn't even get near .15 again, until right before the bk scare, amidst rumors of first a buyout (shot up to .17), and then a bk (.03), and then Liberty (up to about .16). Since Liberty it settled back down into the .12, .13 range, and has stayed there, except for last Friday, when there were late day rumours of an iphone application.

Today though is different. The iphone app is pretty much stuck; it'll happen eventually; maybe not this week or next but it will happen; nothing definitive has come out. The 4th Q report will be what it will be - not going to be any surprises. At worst, the company is losing less, is what it will say. At best, it's making a tiny bit of money. Either outcome's been factored into the stock price. Today, Siri has a new friend - Malone and DTV, and it's obvious Malone isn't out to gut the company. He likes the company and is in it to see if siri and dtv can make some money together. If not, no big deal. If they can, great.

What I'm saying, is that siri today and this week is hanging out in the flirting zone of .14, (.1389 at 1523GMT) without any real news, and no need for real news, it's just hanging in around there on what the existing long term situation is, and that to me I'd say is an accomplishment, in a big picture kind of way of looking at it. Feel free to disagree - maybe I'm missing something.

03-04-2009, 06:37 PM #122

I'm in for the long haul

Just wanted to say hello. I bought my first SIRI stock this week. I purchased 20,700 shares over the past couple of days. I don't really have a good reason other than I believe in the product. My gut instinct told me to pull the trigger. I've been reading a lot of posts and I feel for everyone that has lost their money. I'm aware of the problems with the company and loans. For some reason I just have a feeling that this is going to take off. Take care.

Addict
    03-04-2009, 06:39 PM #123
    Quote Originally Posted by nisvan View Post
    well despite the bad news re the potential royalties, and in the scheme of things, that particular bad news probably compares rather minisculely to the sorts of bad news this stock is used to sustainining.... i thot it might be useful
    to point out that it's not been too often that siri starts flirting with .14 and .15.

If you'll recall, back in early November, before the market really imploded, siri was up near .28. By mid-december it was camped out in the low teens, amidst constant concern of low automobile concerns and debt problems looming in February. It didn't even get near .15 again, until right before the bk scare, amidst rumors of first a buyout (shot up to .17), and then a bk (.03), and then Liberty (up to about .16). Since Liberty it settled back down into the .12, .13 range, and has stayed there, except for last Friday, when there were late day rumours of an iphone application.

Today though is different. The iphone app is pretty much stuck; it'll happen eventually; maybe not this week or next but it will happen; nothing definitive has come out. The 4th Q report will be what it will be - not going to be any surprises. At worst, the company is losing less, is what it will say. At best, it's making a tiny bit of money. Either outcome's been factored into the stock price. Today, Siri has a new friend - Malone and DTV, and it's obvious Malone isn't out to gut the company. He likes the company and is in it to see if siri and dtv can make some money together. If not, no big deal. If they can, great.

What I'm saying, is that siri today and this week is hanging out in the flirting zone of .14, (.1389 at 1523GMT) without any real news, and no need for real news, it's just hanging in around there on what the existing long term situation is, and that to me I'd say is an accomplishment, in a big picture kind of way of looking at it. Feel free to disagree - maybe I'm missing something.
    I'm glad it's not down today, but being up a fraction in a big up day in markets sucks. Let's hope to see it a few pennies up some days leading to the 4Qcc.

Enthusiast
    03-04-2009, 07:36 PM #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusowner View Post
    car sales & positive cash flow ? really ? by March 17th ? you got to be kidding...
    I am saying that this is the start!

Enthusiast
    03-04-2009, 07:49 PM #125

Thanks for the link Tripp. I was especially interested in this passage at the bottom:

"Not that Sirius XM needs any more bad news, but another truckload of it came on Friday from an unexpected source: The US Copyright Royalty Board, which sets the royalty rates broadcasters must pay for use of commercial music, announced that it's granting a request by SoundExchange -- the performance rights organization -- made three weeks ago, to audit both Sirius' and XM's revenue statements for 2007 and 2008. The intent, evidently, is to see whether the merged entity owes the PRO back royalties, perhaps with interest and penalty, for the past two years."

Why would an audit be needed? Wouldn't any information be provided in the public filings? Does anyone know what the royalty payments are based on? Do they pay by the subscriber, or what?

I believe it is % of revenue.
    Last edited by RMAN; 03-04-2009 at 07:54 PM. Reason: add quote

03-04-2009, 07:53 PM #126
    Welcome Darrin! What part of Indy are ya from? I'm from plainfield
    Matt

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    03-04-2009, 08:45 PM #127
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusXMInvestor View Post
    Heard someone comment this morning on CNBC that when this down turn is over that there will be a lot of people wearing orange suits. I'm sure several will come from SiriusXM.
    Why do you think people from Sirius XM will be going to jail???

03-04-2009, 09:18 PM #128
    Quote Originally Posted by stang3O2 View Post
    Welcome Darrin! What part of Indy are ya from? I'm from plainfield
    Matt
    I live around the I-65 and Southport Rd area Franklin Township.

03-04-2009, 11:42 PM #129

xm objects to worlspace auction. more litigation.maybe a reduction in costs for xm

http://www.rapidtvnews.com/index.php...e-auction.html

Vernon something has two subsideries, xm and siri. i still wonder if xm can go BD and leave siri as a survivor just in case we need a Plan Z, Plans A-Y have been used.

Enthusiast
    03-05-2009, 02:44 AM #130
    so, i just clicked on a sirius "this week only" ad on yahoo's finance section... and it brought me to sirius.com where it had a banner on top saying "sirius makes more sense than ever," "one week sales event, ends march 9th," "3 deals, 3 ways to listen," "43cents a day." and it had 5 different sales which had starmate 5, the stilleto2 and grace wireless interent radio... this is the big fukcin event?

Page 13 of 26 ... 3111213141523 ...