Page 1 of 2 12
    Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    03-01-2009, 05:04 PM #1

Does anyone use QTrade Investor???

Ahahah I know I am going to come off as a total Newb, because I use this service... Which is what I am anyway...

Friday after all markets were closed and I checked my account, everything was there as usual. Saturday morning I checked my account and the dreaded zeros were across the board for all my accounts!!!

My account history is still showing and showing my most recent deposit on the 26th. No activity posted so far for the 27th.

As you may understand my level of ummmmm "PANIC" and vomiting ahahha well not really but I am really concerned that I may have been a victim of Identity theft or something awful!!! I just don't understand how that could happen if the markets were closed!

Could their servers just be down? If the servers were down, wouldn't the website not work and my account history not be showing??? AHHHHH this is freaking me out!!!

Anyone if you use QTrade let me know if you have had this problem or any issues with them~!

Or someone say something positive lol!!!
    Last edited by Hopeful; 03-01-2009 at 05:26 PM.

Guru
    03-01-2009, 05:57 PM #2
    do they have a customer service number? they could be working on the site but usually they would give a heads up, i would contact their customer service asap, and no i have never heard of qtrade

Addict
    03-01-2009, 06:32 PM #3
    Yes they do have a customer service number but their hours are 5:30am to 5pm pacific time Monday to Friday! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

03-01-2009, 06:37 PM #4
    I wouldn't worry until Monday morning. I use Zecco and sometimes my balances are zero'd out on the weekends. One of the many downsides of using a small-time broker.

Guru
    03-01-2009, 06:39 PM #5
    well ive never heard of them because they are .ca so i wouldnt know if they are legit or not. Im sure everything is alright.

Addict
    03-01-2009, 06:39 PM #6
    Thanks Tripp & Jason,

I think I will switch brokers after this whole thing is over! Would I have to sell and then re-buy my shares with a new broker?

Qtrade is legit it is through a Canadian bank, this is just no fun and they also do not offer AH trading...

Guru
    03-01-2009, 06:44 PM #7
    hopeful you can transfer funds from one account to another but ive never done it before and im sure you will be charged for it by your current broker, and no you dont have to sale.

Addict
    03-01-2009, 06:49 PM #8
    Thanks Tripp,

I hope everything is alright!!! I WANT MY SHARES lol!!!

Guru
    03-01-2009, 06:52 PM #9
    thats an awesome pic heh, i love elephants!

Addict
    03-01-2009, 07:00 PM #10
    Thanks man, Elephants rock they are really neat to be around!!! Very intelligent animals!

WELL A HUGE RELIEF!!! My account now looks just as it did Friday at the close!!! They must have had some sort of server issue!!!

Now that incident was the final push to want to switch brokers! Anyone have any good recommendations??? I want the ability to trade in AH also lower commission would be nice, QTrade was 19.99 a trade!

Page 1 of 2 12