Page 1 of 2 12
    02-27-2009, 08:53 PM #1

XMer with question about Lifetime subscription...

Hi all,

I'm wondering if the 3X transfer rule applies to switching my car stereo to another vehicle or if the XM receiver becomes defective? My stereo is an after market and was not installed by a dealer.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Paul

02-27-2009, 09:09 PM #2
    Once the Lifetime is transfered to an OEM radio it CAN NOT be transfered off of that vehicle.

02-27-2009, 09:42 PM #3
    Thanks for your response. But my radio is not an OEM. I'm thinking of becoming a lifetime subscriber with my Pioneer radio. If I read the T&C correctly an after market radio would be ok to transfer?

02-28-2009, 01:45 AM #4
    Sorry miss read the line about moving the radio to new car as transfering sub to new car. If you move the whole radio you do not need to transfer the service anyways as the radio's Electronic Serial Number is what is used to tell what car to send signal to not the VIN.

02-28-2009, 02:47 AM #5
    No problem. I don't think I was clear enough.

Thanks! This is great news.

Mentor
    02-28-2009, 03:25 AM #6
    siriusbird: From what I was told, this is NOT TRUE. I just got my lifetime subscription placed on my OEM radio. They said I can transfer it. I specifically asked them about the OEM issue because I had heard the same thing. They told me that I can transfer it up to 3 times and it did not matter where the radio was located. I asked them to confirm this with a supervisor. I have no issues with Cust. Service reps, but they don't always know WTF they are talking about. The supervisor came on, and I again specifically asked them about putting a lifetime sub on an OEM radio and transfering it off. He said that there was no issue with this. I wrote down both of their names, ID numbers, and asked for a confirmation number for the transaction. If they come back and tell me otherwize, I have my butt protected.

As for the other issue: That is correct. If you are moving the radio to another car, then you don't need to transfer the subscription, and thus there would be no transfer fee and it would not affect the number of transfers you have left. Great way to beat the system, although as a shareholder, I am PISSED AT YOU!

02-28-2009, 01:18 PM #7
    Newman,
    Just going by what was ingrained in us Sirius OEM Cust Support Reps, and that is if OEM Lifetime bought before Oct 07 can be transfered once to another OEM or iftransfered to Dn'P could then do the other 2 swaps. But if bought after that date can not be swapped to another radio.

03-01-2009, 03:51 AM #8
    Thanks Newman. I'm also a shareholder.

03-11-2009, 12:41 AM #9
    Just want to clarify please.

So say I get a lifetime on an after-market...if i move it to another car that would not count as a transfer, right?

But if my radio breaks and I get another after-market...that would count as a transfer?

Is a transfer for only when you move a unit into "another" vehicle?

Thanks again!

03-11-2009, 03:21 AM #10
    A transfer fee is charged when you have service switched to new ESN. Example: I have an Alpine in dash and it breaks so I buy a Pioneer in dash, I would then be charged the transfer fee.

If the whole radio is moved a transfer fee is not charged. Example: I have an Alpine in dash radio I sell the vehicle the radio is in but take the radio out and move it to my new vehicle, no transfer fee.

Page 1 of 2 12