Page 3 of 37 1234513 ...
    Mentor
    02-23-2009, 05:23 PM #21
    Ok, but I still dont understand. The taxes for what? There are no gains on those shares. Why didnt they sell them? Where they surrendering shares at an amount to anticipate their new stock total due to excercising options?

Enthusiast
    02-23-2009, 05:31 PM #22
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Ok, but I still dont understand. The taxes for what? There are no gains on those shares. Why didnt they sell them? Where they surrendering shares at an amount to anticipate their new stock total due to excercising options?
    Read the explanation at the bottom...

"Shares of common stock sold are equal to federal and state taxes due as the result of the vesting of restricted stock units and the related brokerage commission on the sale."

Mentor
    02-23-2009, 05:44 PM #23
    Quote Originally Posted by winagain35 View Post
    Read the explanation at the bottom...

"Shares of common stock sold are equal to federal and state taxes due as the result of the vesting of restricted stock units and the related brokerage commission on the sale."
    Its also a possibility, not telling us why they did it. It says that is typically why it is done.
    Anyone else here like to spell out for me what this means? Im taking it as those directors will be excersing options at 0 starting dollar value.
    The options awarded upon completion of the merger. So are you saying you dont know either?

Enthusiast
    02-23-2009, 07:22 PM #24
    I think this is for annually vested amount of options/bonuses, etc. which have to be claimed as income, and just enough shares are sold to cover the tax cost of the annual vesting to make it a zero net cash outlay (for now anyway) for the person filing.

Mentor
    02-23-2009, 08:07 PM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by FoolNHisMoney View Post
    I think this is for annually vested amount of options/bonuses, etc. which have to be claimed as income, and just enough shares are sold to cover the tax cost of the annual vesting to make it a zero net cash outlay (for now anyway) for the person filing.
    Thank you. Ok, sounds like a pretty common practise. But not something one would do when expecting a huge explosion in the stock price. Why not just wait? Or is this just another attempt to confuse the stockholder. What did we get from Sirius today? The day after they were supposed to report. We get a conversation with a bishop press release, and that 6 directors are surrendering shares. So, there press release service is WORKING TODAY. But not any interest in keeping shareholders up to date I see. Ive never seen a company so hell bent on telling its common shareholders(little guys only) we dont want you owning this company. Are you stupid? Why are still owning shares in this company? Thata all Ive heard from Mel since July.
    1. You are dumb.
    2. You dont deserve any usefull information in which to invest in this company.
    3. Your vote for one of the most important decisions in YOUR companies future is not wanted. Please go away.
    4. The only vote we want from you, is a vote that diminishes your value. Period. If we need you to dilute more, well call you. Otherwise, please dont act like you actually "own" this company.
    Am I misinterperting anything? Or did I get it right?
    Sounds to me all the more reason to buy shares at these levels. This stock has bottomed. Mel wants the shares for his buddies, that is obvious now.

Enthusiast
    02-23-2009, 08:56 PM #26
    I don't understand what you want from Mel Karmizan!

He just saved us all from A TOTAL LOSS OF ALL OF OUR MONEY!

I don't see GM or Bank of america or the CEO of any other company doing what you demand from Mel.

Enthusiast
    02-23-2009, 10:16 PM #27
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    What do the directors surrending shares mean? To pay options fee? Does this mean they are utilizing their options(activating shares). That means that their option price had to be zero. Is this correct? Executable at any price? Never seen stock surrendered before.
    Where does it say surrendered?

Enthusiast
    02-23-2009, 11:58 PM #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Keysmark View Post
    I don't understand what you want from Mel Karmizan!

He just saved us all from A TOTAL LOSS OF ALL OF OUR MONEY!

I don't see GM or Bank of america or the CEO of any other company doing what you demand from Mel.
    How about some competent management!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Addict
    02-24-2009, 02:52 AM #29
    All about CNBC...

They need to be pulled off the air until the smoke clears. They are fear-mongerers. Until the public stops listening to those idiots, nothing will get better. People have not figured out yet that when they yell buy and the stock goes up, it is not because the company is great. It is because 10,000 morons are doing the exact same thing (BUYING).

CNBC is yelling fire too much lately. Gag order needs to be put on. They are not calling the news. They are attempting to influence it.

Mentor
    02-24-2009, 03:19 AM #30
    Ok, I get it now. Standard. No worries. Mel still has time in my book. He managed to do some great things. Actually my only complaint about the company is the Stock price, and their silence.

Page 3 of 37 1234513 ...