Page 30 of 37 ... 202829303132 ...
    Addict
    02-28-2009, 12:35 PM #291
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    wtf are u talking about siriusowner, your making no sense, he happened to be proving something i wwas saying so that would = him agreeing with me and him being my sidekick, siriusowner go laydown with your fake wife or girlfirend whatver the hell you made up last time i forget.
    So, you wanted me to come back uh ?

You make no sense though... It seems to me that your train of thought jumps from the beginning to the end without going thru the middle...

Addict
    02-28-2009, 12:52 PM #292
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    You would make a good commercial fisherman! You have balls the size of Montana! LOL! Good luck to you!

Bill
    Maxing up the CC ?

Better than using margin... It gives you a nice time frame and goals for swing trading...

SELL if you start losing money and TRY NOT TO KEEP the balance on your card for more than the grace period... otherwise you will start paying interest on it and the stock will not only have to come up to make up for the trade commissions but for the interest also....The longer you keep the balance, the worst... I have done it in the past with $10,000 USD with a annual 9.9% interest = $83.00 monthly.

So with $10,000 you could buy 62,500 shares at .16 and for each month you keep the balance you will be adding about .001328 to the cost of the shares.

I wouldn't max the card though, leave some room there. Buy only 50,000 shares, if you have a $10,000 USD in credit ? Sound like a nice round number.

Keep a record and if you do keep the balance on your card for more than the grace period, do not forget to add the interest to the cost of your shares.

02-28-2009, 01:01 PM #293
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    NOW....will somebody please tell my why I should wait until Wednesday to buy an XMP3, I have my whole day off planned around this thing tomorrow!!!! I'll even take guesses, but someone posted this advice without explanation earlier and its eating me alive.
    Wednesday portable devices are going to be the deal of the day.

Day 2: Portable (w/ home/car solution)
    Scheduled to launch Wednesday, March 4th

XMP3 + Free Vehicle Kit is one of the deals.

Guru
    02-28-2009, 01:02 PM #294
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Did this have anything to do with today's pop? I doubt it....

http://www.radioink.com/Article.asp?...704&spid=24698

FCC EXTENDS DEADLINE FOR SIRIUS XM CHANNEL LEASES

WASHINGTON -- February 27, 2009: Today was supposed to be the deadline for Sirius XM to lease 4 percent of the channels on each service to qualified entities, but now the FCC has given the satcaster more time, acknowledging that Sirius XM doesn't have enough information to go ahead with the leases.
    Leasing channels in the interest of "fostering competition and diversity" was a condition of the FCC's approval of the Sirius-XM merger, and it was supposed to be implemented within four months. The FCC has already extended the deadline once on its own motion.
    And now, to establish procedures for Sirius XM to follow, the FCC is seeking public comment on a number of issues, including the definition of qualified entity, a procedure to establish eligibility, qualifications for lessees, the criteria for choosing among applicants, and the length of the required "long-term" leases. It's also inviting comment on whether there should be one lessee or several and how much capacity each of several lessees should be granted.

Sirius XM has said it is willing to not be involved in choosing who leases its channels, so the FCC also wants to hear from the public on that idea, and on who will choose if Sirius XM doesn't.

With all that to be settled, the FCC has extended the deadline until May 29.

Demian, that is actually bad news believe it or not. I know you are asking why. Well as I said a long time ago that concession (along with the rest of them) was never really all that bad. As a matter of fact you could look at it as a plus for SIRIXM. Look they will get 4% of their content for free, Because while they dont get any revenue from leasing the channels they also dont pay for the content, that is left up to the people leasing the channels to pay for. So the bottom line is SIRIXM gets 4% of their content for free and you still have to subscribe to get those channels, THEY SAVE ON COST. That is one reason I cant help but think Mel did a great job. I say it again only Mel could have gotten this through the FCC with concessions that in the end for the most part actually benifit SIRIXM. I had put a thread out showing just this just after the merger was approved.

Here is the thread:

http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=589
    Last edited by john; 02-28-2009 at 01:26 PM.

Guru
    02-28-2009, 02:27 PM #295
    http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...ook-ahead.aspx

Monday
    The new trading week kicks off with Charles Ergen's two companies -- EchoStar (Nasdaq: SATS) and satellite television giant DISH Network (Nasdaq: DISH) -- reporting their fourth-quarter results. Rest assured that EchoStar will be asked about its failed bid to acquire a sizeable stake in Sirius XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) earlier this month.

Does it still want a piece of the satellite radio company? Will it keep buying Sirius XM's maturing debt? There may be no clarity on Ergen's stance come Monday, but you know the questions will be asked.

Guru
    02-28-2009, 03:12 PM #296
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusbird View Post
    Wednesday portable devices are going to be the deal of the day.

Day 2: Portable (w/ home/car solution)
    Scheduled to launch Wednesday, March 4th

XMP3 + Free Vehicle Kit is one of the deals.
    DUDE! SWEET!

thanks, not sure how you know this but I'll wait.

02-28-2009, 05:43 PM #297

Cool A spike with no news?

Sirius spikes 3 cents on absolutely no news at all? Precisely at the end of the day...hhhmmm. Some large hedge fund or maybe several , did not want to be a short over this weekend.

Perhaps its the Sirius - Iphone Application? Something going to happen Monday?

Sirius to be upgraded - maybe, we will get more movement there.

Somebody knows something. Best off checking back on the stock 5 years from now. Im not selling mine. Im hoping to retire with my gains from a penny stock.

DogStar

------
    own: VLO, CSCO, Long SIRI
    Last edited by Dogstar; 02-28-2009 at 05:51 PM.

02-28-2009, 06:30 PM #298

oddly dated article

http://www.multichannel.com/article/...TV_Tie_Ins.php

Liberty Media Eyes DirecTV Tie-Ins
    Maffei: Satellite-TV Firm Explores Bundling In Sirius XM's Radio Programming
    by Mike Farrell -- Multichannel News, 3/2/2009 12:00:00 AM MT
    Liberty Media's bailout of Sirius XM Radio could lead to at least some bundled offerings with the media giant's DirecTV satellite-TV service, Liberty CEO Gregg Maffei told analysts last Wednesday.

02-28-2009, 07:03 PM #299

Cool Mysterious emails

Ok, think I figured out why we popped. A short squeeze due to the emails being sent out..

There was an email sent out to XM and Sirius subscribers:

"FIND OUT NEXT WEEK WHY SIRIUS MAKES MORE SENSE THAN EVER...

1 Week sales event, 3 deals, 3 ways to listen"

nothing else said....

The three ways to listen?

1.) Satellite Receiver
    2.) Internet
    3.) ?

Whats the last way?

DogStar
    Last edited by Dogstar; 02-28-2009 at 07:06 PM.

Guru
    02-28-2009, 07:14 PM #300
    in home i think, i dont think thats why we popped, it has alot to do with the bond holders and the fact that we have been underpriced for like 6 months now or even more.

Page 30 of 37 ... 202829303132 ...