Page 25 of 37 ... 15232425262735 ...
    Guru
    02-27-2009, 08:24 PM #241
    i hope this stupid sale starts sunday damnit because im buying an xmp3 sunday morning...

Addict
    02-27-2009, 08:29 PM #242
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    Did this have anything to do with today's pop? I doubt it....

http://www.radioink.com/Article.asp?...704&spid=24698

FCC EXTENDS DEADLINE FOR SIRIUS XM CHANNEL LEASES

WASHINGTON -- February 27, 2009: Today was supposed to be the deadline for Sirius XM to lease 4 percent of the channels on each service to qualified entities, but now the FCC has given the satcaster more time, acknowledging that Sirius XM doesn't have enough information to go ahead with the leases.
    Leasing channels in the interest of "fostering competition and diversity" was a condition of the FCC's approval of the Sirius-XM merger, and it was supposed to be implemented within four months. The FCC has already extended the deadline once on its own motion.
    And now, to establish procedures for Sirius XM to follow, the FCC is seeking public comment on a number of issues, including the definition of qualified entity, a procedure to establish eligibility, qualifications for lessees, the criteria for choosing among applicants, and the length of the required "long-term" leases. It's also inviting comment on whether there should be one lessee or several and how much capacity each of several lessees should be granted.

Sirius XM has said it is willing to not be involved in choosing who leases its channels, so the FCC also wants to hear from the public on that idea, and on who will choose if Sirius XM doesn't.

With all that to be settled, the FCC has extended the deadline until May 29.
    I think it is looked at as 1 less thing they have to worry about in the short-term and it appears that although such a big stink was made out about this before merger being approved, it's not so important to the FCC right now either. It also points to a date after May date is due, so some might feel it's business as usual and they can just concentrate on the refinancing instead of getting distracted by this. I think the FCC aknowledges how badly they screwed these 2 co's and should give them alot more leeway in light of this.

Also, there is a consensus they will report very, very soon. I hope they don't just surprise on Monday before market opens without announcing, unless of course it is real good news and stock pops.

I hope those trades at .16 were not big sells with someone dumping because they know something. I hope they were shorts buying to cover. How do you know what the intent was ?

I see the stock back at about .15 now even though the close was at .16.

Addict
    02-27-2009, 08:30 PM #243
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    i hope this stupid sale starts sunday damnit because im buying an xmp3 sunday morning...
    Check out sales at Circuit City before you buy anything. This unit may be 50% off by now. Last I saw it was 30% at my circuit city last week.

Guru
    02-27-2009, 08:34 PM #244
    thanks for the reminder, my local was out of nearly everything but i am going to a different city so ill check there first

02-27-2009, 09:02 PM #245
    I'm wondering if ChurchLady is going to announce a 500,000 share sale at .16

I still need .54c more to break even. I hope next week brings good news.

Addict
    02-27-2009, 09:04 PM #246
    Hey whats up Guys, Bill, Tripp, Ray and other Siri Investors...

I've Just been on the side over here! Siri looking STRONG today...
    It amazing how this stock may become the sining star in this crazy unpredictable market! Hope you all are covering your asses...Or at least losing a minium of it! especially on all the other so called bargains out there...will see!
    Keep up the good work all! Tony

Sirius Long...................In The Green$

02-27-2009, 09:05 PM #247
    Quote Originally Posted by imromo24 View Post
    I would wait till Wednesday to make that purchase.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    02-27-2009, 09:10 PM #248
    I think something is wrong with me.......... I bought more today......... I feel like I should be reading one of those gambling problem pamphlets lol...

Long Sirius!!!

02-27-2009, 09:16 PM #249
    Quote Originally Posted by thedude110 View Post
    Mark my words -- this is the week we close at .15.

From there, it's infinity and beyond.

Or at least .20.

/optimismed
    *clears throat*

*wonders why he's not wealthier*

Addict
    02-27-2009, 09:23 PM #250
    Quote Originally Posted by Demian View Post
    The bastards are still calling for bankruptcy........****ing unbelievable!!!!

http://reason.com/news/show/131905.html
    Why are you saying BK is ****ing unbelievably ? As far as I know the debt is still there and SIRIUS has proved nothing, nothing !

BTW, Nice pop today ! 3 of my trades paid of !, CHK, PBT and SIRI !

Page 25 of 37 ... 15232425262735 ...