Page 6 of 37 ... 4567816 ...
    Enthusiast
    02-24-2009, 07:06 PM #51
    I understand how you feel, Demian but 3% per day will put us at a quarter per share in a month and over a buck a share by June. Not as sexy as double digit gains in a day but.....
    Last edited by bananaz; 02-24-2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: incorrect math

Enthusiast
    02-24-2009, 07:35 PM #52
    Every day we finish in the green is a good day in my book.

Enthusiast
    02-24-2009, 07:58 PM #53
    If you set a chart, with a time interval of 1 minute, span of three days, overlaid with a SMA(5), the last 3 days have been very positive. Slow, steady upward pressure. Although I love the wild action of active trading, with my current share count/long position, I would love to see this same steady movement for the next eight months, then shoot straight up. I might actually be able to buy a small piece of Harkers Island afterward!!!

02-24-2009, 08:00 PM #54
    Wow Doobz! Great insight. Wouldnt your time be better spent working on a new, really cool Avitar for your Yahoo account? After all, you dont want to waste all of your clever comments on a dumb forum like this right?

Enthusiast
    02-24-2009, 08:07 PM #55
    Ford CEO will cut salary by 30%, think anyone can convince Mel to do the same thing? I know I know, I'm dreaming. Story below:

http://www.reuters.com/article/marke...0090225?rpc=44

02-24-2009, 09:24 PM #56

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusDad View Post
    3% per day for the rest of the year puts the year end price at around $75.00.

Who's up for that?
    Let's see 1 share for $75 or 576 shares for $75. Hmmmmm, what to do?

Enthusiast
    02-25-2009, 12:36 AM #57

lol !

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusDad View Post
    3% per day for the rest of the year puts the year end price at around $75.00.

Who's up for that?
    you said it brother ! if that were the case , i'd help Sirius with there 2010 debt

Enthusiast
    02-25-2009, 01:01 AM #58
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenland View Post
    you said it brother ! if that were the case , i'd help Sirius with there 2010 debt
    Very quite on the boards last couple of day's.

What do you guys make of the fact that the earnings date has not been announced yet? Do you think Mel is working on something?

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    02-25-2009, 01:06 AM #59
    1) He must have something good up his sleeve!!! Hes putting a bow on it as we speak!

2) Or... I know the dreaded or... He has bad news and is trying to make it look a pretty as possible!

I Like number one the best!!!

02-25-2009, 01:07 AM #60

siri to broadcast MLB baseball spring games. is this a signal that xm bandwith will

and most likely means siri is negotiating with MLP for regular season games on siri. if siri can move MLB and xm's college football and basketball games to siri, then the xm and siri channel lineup will be identicle. this means they can cease xm sats from broadcasting the signal as ALL XM channels will be common with siri. what will they do with the xm sats and xm bandwith? will they enter in a deal with liberty to use those sats and bandwith? will they lease to someone else for a revenue? seems very likely. perhaps that is the purpose of the sat they were going to launch in jan but never did.

With the 2009 Spring Training season literally right around the corner, satellite radio subscribers have been anxiously waiting to find out if a deal will be announced between Major League Baseball and Sirius XM Radio Inc., in hopes that MLB games will air on the Sirius side of the service.

But baseball fans may need to wait a bit longer, according to an Orbitcast source.

In mid-December, subscribers to the "Best of XM" package were quietly greeted with a pleasant surprise: the MLB Home Plate channel suddenly began airing on Sirius. To many, this seemed like a prelude to an announcement that the play-by-play MLB games would be broadcasting on the "Best of XM" package.

MLB has been broadcasting exclusively on XM since the 2005 season.

But according to an Orbitcast source, the Sirius side of the service will not be getting any 2009 Spring Training games and even Regular Season MLB games on the "Best of XM" package seem unlikely at this time.

In early October 2008, representatives from Sirius XM told Orbitcast that while the company had not yet reached an agreement with the MLB, they "continue to be hopeful that the MLB will be part of the package in the future."

That hope remains alive, however, as Sirius XM and Major League Baseball continue to be in "heavy negotiations," our source says.

Less than two weeks ago, reports circulated that Sirius XM was trying to renegotiate pricey contracts, including with Major League Baseball. Mel Karmazin reportedly met with top MLB officials in New York, but there are no indications that talks went in Karmazin's favor.

The league's COO Tim Brosnan, who negotiates the MLB's television and radio deals, had only one comment to say on the matter: "We have a binding agreement that we intend to honor."

Let's see if that agreement can be modified before the regular season begins.

Page 6 of 37 ... 4567816 ...