Page 26 of 37 ... 16242526272836 ...
    Guru
    02-27-2009, 09:40 PM #251
    i thought you sold your siri cause it was going nowhere? never a straight story with you

02-27-2009, 09:42 PM #252

Cool Up we go - What the heck just happened today?

What the heck just happened today?

Market now starting to figure out Sirius Satellite Radio is going to stay around.

Sucks to be a short now, dont it?

Staying around, hhhmmm... , thats a concept worth a 20 cent stock pop +.

>>>>>>|---Squeezing the shorts out!---| ?? <<<<< I think thats it, either that or somthin leaked on earnings...

Sirius has religious following like Apple/Mac users.

Going to kick themselves in a few years for not picking this stock up soooo darn cheap beaten down and oversold. Announce the Direct TV / Sirius Package Deal soon?

Liberty and Sirius together, a smart business savvy team.
    Liberty's not stupid
    We go up from here.

DogStar
    Last edited by Dogstar; 02-27-2009 at 10:30 PM.

Addict
    02-27-2009, 10:18 PM #253
    Quote Originally Posted by trippingthespeculatingpos View Post
    i thought you sold your siri cause it was going nowhere? never a straight story with you
    Do I have to post every single trade ??? I am long, now I am not, now I am short, now I am out, I am back in... What you don't like it ??... well, that is your problem.

Guru
    02-27-2009, 10:21 PM #254
    lol no but you could make up your mind one way or another, your a schizophrenic trader, i cant help but distrust what you say

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    02-27-2009, 10:32 PM #255

Siriusly

Ok... what the F***..... I leave for a day or so and suddenly we make a pop?

I read back and if I'm following you all... there is no real consensus on what brought SIRI up to .16. Or did I miss something?

I figured the StarPlayr problem would actually have caused the opposite effect.....given how many subs that was potentially going to yield....

Last question: Is the StarPlayr app on permanent hold? Is this a strategic move by someone else to block a new source of subs/revenue? I'm a bit irritated with Apple not approving it....

Guru
    02-27-2009, 10:37 PM #256
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusbird View Post
    I would wait till Wednesday to make that purchase.
    Please explain, what do you think is happening wednesday?

02-27-2009, 11:03 PM #257
    Quote Originally Posted by Paratrooper_Rick View Post
    I read back and if I'm following you all... there is no real consensus on what brought SIRI up to .16. Or did I miss something?
    Magic.

And the fact that it was still priced as though BK was around the corner.

We can only go up from here. Or settle back in around 12 or 13 cents.

I'm gonna guess we can be at .20 by the end of March.

02-27-2009, 11:25 PM #258
    Three ways to look at today's momentum going into the weekend in my opinion:

First, a calculated risk by someone/fund with money going into the weekend. (Maybe)

Second, "someone close to the source" leaked a little news to someone/fund. (Hope a couple of you get the joke)

Third, (MY STANCE) there has been some funny business with the movement of the stock for a while on a macro view, but more importantly look at the micro pattern of just today. Quick run ups and then steady 100 stock sells back down with an overall upward trend. It has been LARGE covering patterns like this that have been going on for quite some time only today shows me eagerness to pull some final triggers (based on the predictable pattern the stock followed through the day) before the weekend.

Consider the facts for a second. The shorts have cut themselves by 40% as Mr. Matthews has pointed out in the link on his cover story. (http://uk.reuters.com/article/market...49686520090225) This is also reporting numbers that are ending Feb 13. Clearly that is a huge swing and we are 2 weeks beyond that. The large sell off at the last minute of the day was CALCULATED. If something like that happens early in the day the stock rises quick and stays high (doesn't allow for selling/covering in the .13's). Ideally whoever was covering wanted to get the bulk of that during the day but time didn’t allow it.

Where I am going with this is the shorts did a great job making money on the downturn, and a better job getting out. The key thing to take away is that they are out (don’t split hairs, nearly out). Who gives a flying **** if we didn't get the "pop" we wanted on the short scramble. Generally, a pop has a selloff and volatility. I don't see a massive selloff after a pop on good 4Q news anymore. A natural pullback is sure to happen but nothing like the up nearly 100% after the Liberty announcement, then close up 50%, to follow down 40% the following day. The "MM's," if you will, have gotten out and flipped roles and will start riding upwards. May not happen Monday! Don't get near sighted here, but that kind of covering and market play over the last few weeks was well played and like it or not controlled this stock. There are too many shares out there to not suspect the control MM’s have on the stock. Good to see this dramatic flip in short position.

Lastly, I’m honestly surprised more has not been made of the covered shorts. It really is HUGE news and anybody holding Siri stock should be ecstatic!

Addict
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: In the trenches taking aim Posts: 634
    02-27-2009, 11:55 PM #259

Today's craziness

Oh, believe me... I am ecstatic... just want to make sure I'm ecstatic for the right reasons... Thanks for all the great explanations... I think I'm inclined to agree with theory number three. There is a larger consensus forming among the various blogs and bulletin boards that seems to concur with the belief the shorts are mostly out and we're lookng to start the climb.

You guys are a great resource for general investors... and those of us more interested in learning the technical side of the market's movement. I am glad I found the buzz.....

Enthusiast
    02-27-2009, 11:55 PM #260
    Your stance that todays action could have been the result of shorts covering as apposed to longs buying in is valid. I don't quite understand: "The large sell off at the last minute of the day was CALCULATED." I didn't see a large selloff, rather, large block buys. Earlier post give the size and times of thse buy blocks. Still, these block buys could be shorts covering or someone adding to position. Either way, it adds to the support of the gain, and makes for an interesting wait for next week.

Page 26 of 37 ... 16242526272836 ...