Addict
    02-20-2009, 02:28 AM #1

Adam Corolla station in LA shut down

Adam Carolla Exits CBS Radio/Los Angeles, Syndication

After three years in syndication and handling mornings on CBS Radio's KLSX-FM/Los Angeles, Adam Carolla is out with the station's flip to CHR on Friday as "AMP 97.1." Carolla said that he didn't take the move personally. "I have nothing bad to say about CBS." But he did say, "All you're going to hear on L.A. radio now is ranchera music and Top 40."

It was only a year ago when CBS Radio inked Carolla to a multi-year contract extension. At the time his show aired on co-owned KUFO-FM/Portland and KXTE-FM/Las Vegas. In addition, the show was syndicated through Westwood One in several markets, including Seattle, Sacramento and Fresno, among others.

- boy free radio is really sucking more and more each day that goes by.

02-20-2009, 12:52 PM #3

SiriusXM to pick up some new talent?

Quote Originally Posted by sxminvestor View Post
    Adam Carolla Exits CBS Radio/Los Angeles, Syndication

After three years in syndication and handling mornings on CBS Radio's KLSX-FM/Los Angeles, Adam Carolla is out with the station's flip to CHR on Friday as "AMP 97.1." Carolla said that he didn't take the move personally. "I have nothing bad to say about CBS." But he did say, "All you're going to hear on L.A. radio now is ranchera music and Top 40."

It was only a year ago when CBS Radio inked Carolla to a multi-year contract extension. At the time his show aired on co-owned KUFO-FM/Portland and KXTE-FM/Las Vegas. In addition, the show was syndicated through Westwood One in several markets, including Seattle, Sacramento and Fresno, among others.

- boy free radio is really sucking more and more each day that goes by.
    I just saw that as well. I listen to 97.1 everyday as i dont have Satellite in my one car. Shoulf be interesting to see where they end up? Leykis on SiriusXM maybe?

Addict
    02-20-2009, 02:14 PM #4
    This is where they can take advantage and exploit weakness in terrestrial. Corolla has an OK following in LA and this is where cars are most important and the traffic is brutal. He will be missed by a good amount of people and they may just switch. Can Sirius advertise on their new top 40 station that Corolla is moving over, so get a subscription ?

First they would have to sign him. He's out of work, so he'll take almost nothing - let him work out of his home. High speed line and a microfone.

02-21-2009, 01:54 PM #5
    I'd love to see Sirius add Leykis or any of the other personalities from 97.1 fm Los Angeles. It was very sad to see the end of the Leykis show yesterday as well as the Frosty, Heidi and Frank show. Not sure if Sirius/XM have the cash right now to purchase that kinda talent but i know if they did it would bring a lot more subscribers.