Page 4 of 4 ... 234
    Addict
    02-22-2009, 07:43 PM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriusly View Post
    Siriusowner: What does this site offer? I laugh as I say this but whatever it is, it's apparently enough to keep you coming back. : )
    Yes, same holds for:

Yahoo
    MSN
    CNBC
    savesirius
    etc...

I kill time and have a good laugh from time to time. Other than that...

Addict
    02-22-2009, 07:55 PM #32

At any rate, I'm getting the impression that you think I'm looking for someone to hold my hand and tell me what to do. That wasn't what I asked. I was looking for advice as a potential SIRI investor debating on whether to get involved or not. I know what fundamentals are and trade basics so I don't need to be lectured on those things or assume I'm an idiot. What I am particularly interested in is how folks who are already invested in this stock feel about it and why they're sticking around. Those sentiments are important to hear. They don't cover the whole topic or answer every question I have as you and I both know, so I have feelers in several areas as anyone would who wants the bigger picture.
    Eww !!! I do not want to hold your hand... unless of course your are a hot chick and even then, I'd prefer to touch and do other things rather than to hold...

You missed my point. But anyway, I do not really care about what you do, I use this web site to learn about investor behavior (so far I learned that when investors are told what makes sense, they may still do irrational things).

The point was that you came to the wrong place looking for advice. These people will tell you that SIRI is the greatest company in the world... BUT hey, it is your money and your time, you can do whatever...

If you feel like an idiot, is not my fault... I never assumed you were.
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 02-22-2009 at 08:18 PM.

Addict
    02-22-2009, 08:10 PM #33
    Your posts make a lot more sense to me after reading this. I say that because if your vision of success or if bragging rights hinge on the failure of SIRI, then your negative slant in much of what you are posting draws away from the reliability of the content you offer.
    I am not negative about SIRI. I do not care if it succeeds or it BK's. I only try to make money out of it.

If you want to be good trader or investor, you have to sentimentally detach from all the companies you trade or invest in, but hey you knew that right ?. You invest or trade because you want to make money.... and most likely, you want to make money now (and you knew that too, I assume), not in 5 years or 10 or 20 ! Leave that to the 401K's and IRA's.
    Last edited by Siriusowner; 02-22-2009 at 08:14 PM.

Addict
    02-22-2009, 08:17 PM #34
    Quote Originally Posted by OldDruid View Post
    SiriusOwner,
    Have you ever thought about; buying in the low teens, shorting during the aftermarket runup, covering shortly after market open/MM slamdown, then selling everything in the high teens. then waiting for the low teens to buy in again?
    I get in usually in one direction only. Once I sell I do not get back into the market by shorting immediately after wards. Same holds true if I cover. If I cover I do not get back in by buying immediately after I cover.

The reason I do that is because I want to get a feeling of where the pps is going.

02-22-2009, 08:18 PM #35
    Goodness. Well, feel free to pat yourself on the back; you've made it onto my very short list of people who insist on completely irrelevant conversation. But I do appreciate the fact you didn't waste any time showing your true colors.

Anyway, if anyone else would like to chime in, I'm absolutely all ears!

Thanks,

Addict
    02-22-2009, 08:23 PM #36
    Quote Originally Posted by OldDruid View Post
    SiriusOwner,
    I have read most of your post and agree with your approach to trading siri. I just finished a graph search and could only find 2 events in the last 20 days that fit your format. Virtually every day offers a 1 to 2 cent differential, especially when looking at 0800 to 2000hrs time sales. While buying @.10 and selling @.19, or whatever the new range, after the elusive Q4, makes sense, I am thinking that using daily short/cover while waiting for it to reach @.19 may be worth the effort. I would be interested in hearing your thoughts.
    edit: acutally 5 events since 12/26/08
    I traded 2 or 3 times. Last time it caught me off guard though, I did not think it was going to go down to .11-.13 again but hey, it is impossible to be right all the time + as long as you make more money in your successful trades than in your losers...

ps: Do not follow my replies to Demian, I just reply to him and post some stupid trades just to make him mad. I made $1256.00 in the last 2 weeks trading this stock. Follow APEX recommendations, he seems to be a good trader too.

Addict
    02-22-2009, 08:32 PM #37
    Goodness. Well, feel free to pat yourself on the back; you've made it onto my very short list of people who insist on completely irrelevant conversation. But I do appreciate the fact you didn't waste any time showing your true colors.

Anyway, if anyone else would like to chime in, I'm absolutely all ears!

Thanks,
    Tripping or Demian or anyone here can offer you positive advise... although I am not really sure advise is what you were looking for anymore (even though that was the title of your post...).

Addict
    02-22-2009, 08:34 PM #38
    Quote Originally Posted by relmor2003 View Post
    Sell in the high teens? Is this an investor page, or a day trader idea zone?
    I thought this was a SIRI's cheerleaders page...

Enthusiast
    02-23-2009, 09:44 PM #39
    Siriusowner:
    It seems that I cannot trade siri both up and down. The etrade broker I talked to on sat had told me that I could, because I own the shares. Today, a senior broker apoligised, saying that they had a lot of new people on board. So I will continue to try and hit the dips and pops. I truly like the marine weather service this company provides and hope it ultimately prospers. That said, when it comes to trading, I'm just a merc, nothing more, nothing less. I especially liked your responce as to why people hold on to a falling stock. strength and honor/fortune to all

Page 4 of 4 ... 234